“Unusual for Indonesia”

Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni
Ranked #52 of 470 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed July 23, 2013

2  Thank JavaBound
H8535GM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The check-in and check-out process in this hotel were efficient. Room and bathroom are not so spacious but the amenities are up to date. The only blemish is the bathroom shield which is pretty basic. Typical breakfast menu, however the quantity was plentiful and the taste was quite delicious. There is a shopping mall in front of the hotel which provides access to 24 hr food (cross the road through the sky bridge). There is also a convenience store in the vicinity. A taxi stand make it easy to go around.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sharp294229

Dear Sharp294229,

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay here with us recently. Do rests assured that we will continue to work hard to ensure that our guests get the most memorable time at Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni.

Once again thank you and look forward to have you again as our guest at Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Mercure for 2 nights during my last trip to Jakarta. The hotel is located right on a main shopping street, close to the center of the city. The hotel is brand new and many taxis still do not know where it is. There is an older Mercure not far away and the driver may try to take you there. Because the hotel is so new the rooms are flawless with a nice flat screen TV, fast WiFi and clean comfortable beds. The rooms are stylish with large generous bathrooms. The bar is located on the first floor by the entrance and is a good place to meet contacts and have a drink, but does not stay very busy and flows into the reception area...meaning there is a lot of traffic and noise. Value for this property is really high, especially if you can find a low rate on one of discount websites. This is definitely a property i will return to you on my next trip to Jakarta.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
H8535GM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Nick H,

Thank you for your positive review. We have taken note in regard less known of our hotel location due to we are brand new hotel.

It was indeed a pleasure to read your comments and learning that our facilities have impressed you. We are also happy to hear that Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni is one of your preferable hotels for your next trip to Jakarta. We wish we have the opportunity to impress you again at the hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2013

1  Thank Alif_Firdauzi

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The location is fabulous... Very close to Monas.. Easy to get across in the early morning for a brisk walk and some fresh air.
Rooms are bright and well lit.
Separate shower cubicle & toilet. The purist may chaff at locks not being there for the wash room. It is better to ensure that the front door is closed or the 'do not disturb sign is on'
The gym is good and new.
The cleaning staff is efficient and polite. The drycleaning is quite stiff for north Jakarta standards.
The negatives:
Check in is very slow.
Despite being a Le Accor member, and a promise made at the time of reservation that there would be access to club lounge and free soft drinks and snacks would be served.. it did not happen. I was billed for the amount. Certain items of laundry which I had paid cash were billed to my account. Clear oversight. The front desk is quite crowded almost always and needs more support.
I guess it is teething problems as the hotel has just started..
There are efficient front staff who are working doubly hard to ensure comfortable stay for the guests. But not all have the service ability
While dining options are good and food is superb.. Nasi bakar harmoni, sop buntut etc..etc.. it sometimes takes a long time for the room service to confirm regarding non availability of particular items.. So it is always better to have an alternative handy when room service is ordered. But the food is uniformly good and very well presented.. ALL THE BEST!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is my first time to try this hotel since they opened and was surprised by the door girl attitude.
On the first day I arrived after checked in and stored my luggages to the room, I went out to the lobby to catch taxi. I asked the door girl on duty (Yanti) to called Blue Bird Taxi for me and being told that she couldn't call that brand because this hotel didn't have agreement with that company anymore.
Instead she was suggesting Express Taxi.
At the moment there was another door man just came back with Blue Bird Taxi for another guest waiting with me there. I asked her, why that guy was able to called that taxi and she replied me with "Do you want that taxi as well?".
I was really surprised with her answer since there was a changed of attitude in less than 2 minutes regarding this taxi!!

Later on that day when I came back and asked the duty Manager, he told me that the door girl/man should be able to get me that specific brand even though they don't have special cooperation anymore.

This Grand Mercure is in the upper class type of hotel, I don't understand why they choose to work with lesser service taxi company.
I think every Jakarta visitors will tell that they will queue for Blue Bird Taxi rather than being ripped off by other brand.

I've been to many Accor's Group Hotels, so please take this matter into consideration since I know others have a better offer in transportation.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
H8535GM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Ms. /Mr. Foffaf,

Thank you for staying with us and for giving such a valuable feedback.

I am concerned and deeply apologetic to learn that you have to experience a situation which is below our standard of service. I have taken notes of your comments and will request the respective Department Heads to assess and ensure if the standards are imposed and implemented accordingly mainly related to door girl and doorman service.

Moreover, we always treat costumer’s feedback as one a way to improve our facilities and service level.

Once again thank you and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you as our guest again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Grand Mercure in Jakarta. It was really worth what we paid. Good value. Everybody was extremely helpful and spoke fairly good English. It's a really new hotel, only opened in October 2012. It felt luxurious. There are many places to shop and eat nearby if you don't want to eat in their restaurants. Breakfast was not included in our stay unlike the practice of many Indonesian hotels. Also, when organizing a taxi, they use the Express group, and that worked fine. The only challenge is Jakarta traffic, and getting to and from the hotel. The trip back to the airport took over one hour, most of which was spent in the road in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
H8535GM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Wokabaut,

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyable stay in Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni.

Be rest assured that your next stay with us will be even more pleasurable one, as we continuously strive to provide the most memorable and unique stay for our guests.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Warmest Regards,