“Great New Hotel”

Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni
Ranked #48 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is my first time stay in Grand Mercure Harmoni, I choose Grand Mercure because of several reason. Last Week, I've been stay in Hotel at Mangga Besar, and now Me and My Wife Spend 2 Nights in Grand Mercure.

I stay in Executive Suite Room, it's very nice and spacious room. And the best thing that I mention is the Bathroom, so nice and large. The Mattress Quality is very good and the view from the hotel is as same as Last Week, Busy Road in Jakarta.

But, I very unpleasant with everyone here, not as Swiss BelHotel Mangga Besar, the security even the bell boy is never give me a smile, is totally different from The Hotel Last Week. But, I consider, that this is Brand New Hotel, Maybe it is just open for a few months ago, so maybe the hotel staff not friendly enough to the guest. In my first night, the security even just passing me without smile, it really unpleasant to me.

Overall, the room quality is good, the welcome fruit and chocolate is nice too. The Aqua Reflection is very pleasant to me. Internet speed is fast just like Fernando Alonso in his Ferrari last Sunday. Overall it is an excellent Hotel for Me.

Thank You.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aditya Pratama P
There are newer reviews for Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Feb 2013 and had a good experience. The hotel was clean, rooms were spacious and staff was responsive.Centrally located it is close to most of the tourist places. Getting a taxi is not a problem and hotel staff is more than happy to get you one. A few problems i faced was that my remote control for TV never worked and had to get the technician everytime i had to watch TV but i would not consider this as a major problem as there could have been fault with the remote.

One thing i would like to highlight is that it would be helpful if the guests are informed upfront before making the bookings that deposit of "X" amount will be required so that guests are aware that their money will be locked in and will be returned only at the end of the stay.

Overall great clean place for a peaceful stay.

Room Tip: Just book a room and you wont be disappointed
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Reviewer_Opinion
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days, attending 2 seminars, 1 individual meeting, 1 dinner in the so call their Chinese restaurant. My individual meeting with my clients were cocked up due to failure arrangement. Staff told me that my meeting room was not arranged just 10 min before the meeting. So we all have to waited outside and in the end we were arranged to hold our meeting in another room. Dinner also cocked up, foods was sucked, especially the soup, i can anyhow cook better than the chef. Chinese restaurant don't look like a restaurant. Finally, they even forgot to charge the dinner bill while i checked out. I have to inform the sales exec to send the bill to us after returning. But it took almost 2 weeks until today still couldn't settle the bill. Generally, most of the staff are lack of training, offering different standard of room service (no toilet paper) or even lousy service to us (i have exchanged my view with my Taiwan, Singapore counter part, they shared the same view). I will definately not coming back to this hotel and will not organize any other events with the hotel. 100% disappointed.

Room Tip: no commend. I won't recommend to my friends.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank pj613
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here for one night and had a great time.
Nice and efficient front desk staff.
friendly doorman.
Room (superior) is good enough. Modern bathroom (no bathtub).
clean and nice towel.
generous for complimentary mineral water (got 4 bottles of mineral water)
best location (next to mc donalds that open for 24hours)
negative:
even i have got room in 11th floor but still noisy coming from 24hours busy street.
Hotel need put double window glasses to avoid noise from street

Room Tip: higher floor have less noise from 24hours busy street
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

5 star hotels in Jakarta are very expensive and this hotel was a great find. Our stay here would have been perfect if it weren't for the staff responsible for the morning wake-up call.

We checked-in around 8.00pm after a flight from Surabaya and were so happy to discover we'd made a great choice as it is a new property and the rooms are big and clean. A perfect place to relax and get some sleep after a long holiday in Java and before our flight back to Hong Kong.

We ordered in-room dining and the food was just ok. We then requested a wake-up call for the following morning for 5.45am to give us enough time to catch our flight at 8.40am back to Hong Kong. About an hour later we received a text from Cathay informing us the flight was delayed by half an hour. My husband then called to request a change in the wake-up call to 6.15am. Just to be sure there was no misunderstanding he repeated his request two more times - the cancellation time and new wake-up call time. Despite this we got a first wake-up call at 5.45am. We received a verbal apology when we brought this to the attention of the staff when checking-out within the following hour.

In our previous experiences hotels have been more forthcoming and considerate when offering compensation for unsatisfactory services.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My friend put me at this hotel. Stayed here for 2 nights. About 30 - 40 mins from airport. depending on the famous Jakarta traffic. Lovely view, room spacious enough, modern facilities. Free Wi-fi in rooms and lobby. Friendly staff. Centrally Located.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
H8535GM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Mr. Kenneth,

Warm Greetings from Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni.

Thank you for your feedback which posted and shared to the TripAdvisor readers.

It is a pleasure for us to hear that our guests are satisfied with our products and our service levels.

We look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Best Regards,

Christophe B. Keramaris

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I visited this hotel by curiosity as I knew it just open several weeks ago and offer very attractive rates even on the week-end.

The hotel is easily accessible, few hundred meters from the Monas, which makes it not far from business area (Jl Thamrin), shopping malls (Grand Indonesia, Plaza Indonesia), Museums, old city and hot nightlife venues of north Jakarta.
The staff is smiling and welcoming. The service is on overall good but there is still space for improvement which is usual for a just open hotel.

Public areas and rooms are very spacious, clean and fresh.

The room is big and offer all we can expect: quiet, comfortable bed, big closet, desk, sofa chair, big bathroom with many amenities + minibar, safety box, wifi etc.. The big window gives a nice few on the city.
The decor is very minimalist: walls, ground and furnitures white / cream / light grey, not event a picture on the wall or a touch of color . Some people may feel a bit "cold".

On overall I was very satisfied with my stay and will certainly recommend this hotel which is an excellent value for money.
I haven't yet tested the F&B but will do during my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank antoine-w-81
H8535GM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Mr. Antoine-W-81,

Warm greetings from Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni

Thank you very much for your positive review. It’s a great pleasure to welcoming you at the hotel, when we just opened a few months. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed to spend your time during your stay in Jakarta.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Best regards,