“4 Stars Hotel with 5 Stars Service!”

Mercure Jakarta Simatupang
Ranked #35 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Bandung
“4 Stars Hotel with 5 Stars Service!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had 1 night stay at mercure simatupang. Located in south jakarta, only 10 minutes to famous shopping mall "PONDOK INDAH MALL" on sunday. Impressed with the security system, car inspection before heading to lobby entrance, and baggage scanner at lobby entrance, first time ever at mercure hotel implemented this standard.

Staff was attentive, warmed welcome and given welcome drink while waiting for my check-in. Benefits for Le-club member were well offered, i had a room upgrade and first time ever as member i was allowed to have late check-out till 3pm without any excuse

Room was great, very well maintained and had a lovely touch and design. Room size also met my expectation, bathroom was also clean and i love the quality of toiletries (shampoo, body gel). It was a standard toiletries at mercure hotel but this was different, better than others. Water heater should be better.

The only missing thing for improving, was breakfast quality. Taste and selection of food beverages offered beyond of mercure hotel.

However, i really impressed with the staff attitude, very friendly and attentive during my stay.

Will be back if i have to stay at south jakarta.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mercure M, General Manager at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Mr. Adhieguna Dharma,

Your invaluable comments are very important to us as they allow us to maintain the high standards of quality, service and comfort for which we always strive to deliver. I will certainly passed on your comments regarding the Breakfast quality to the related department.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience stay with us. Trully appreciated. Hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Gilles Tressens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed June 29, 2014

With no hotels super close to my work office, the office manager suggested I stay here. I was pleasantly surprised. This is the best value I have ever had in Jakarta- The rooms are clean and modern with plenty of power points. The staff is warm and welcoming. I get the feeling of "Ahh.... I can really relax"

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mercure M, General Manager at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Dear guest,

All of us at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang would like to offer our sincere thanks for your delightful review. We’re concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you and we wish to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mercure Jakarta Simatupang.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Food and room was superb. The beer was a bit pricey but worth it. The roof top bar and pool area was great but the bumpedy music shifted me out. Great hotel. Check in and out was super quick. Empty restaurant but great food.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mercure M, General Manager at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear guest,

All of us at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang would like to offer our sincere thanks for your delightful review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Located at the South Outer Ring of Jakarta where the new business district happened it is one of the good choice. The hotel carries the chain from Accor. This is far more than another Mercure in the other country. The hotel is decorated in the hip and vibrance style with wall graffiti and modern design of chairs and tables.

Overall this hotel is function. The room space is enough for one or two people without the big luggage. The bathroom is good condition and clean. The bed quality is good. Good hotel for either business or traveling.

The breakfast and dinning are very good quality. Serving local food with the original taste. Unlike the other hotels for trying to change the taste to favor the foreigners. Food portion is quite big.

To go around taxi is the best mode to go. You can get from the lobby.

Only thing I was not comfortable is the additional service from hotel. I called for massage and they answered that massage was catered to guest room. At first I did not think much since it carried Accor brand. Later on the massage lady started offer additional service which I was not comfortable with. The tag line was hotel allowed the additional service to happened as additional income.

On the roof top there is a bar which built on swimming pool. Somehow I can sense that this hotel is Adult Disneyland for some hidden nightlife and other activities.

Room Tip: Everything is ok just do not call for massage service.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Spikydevil
Mercure M, General Manager at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. We are glad to learn that you enjoy your stay at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang Hotel.

The experience you described relates to the massage service, causes us deep concern, as this is not in any way our policy and does not represent the level of service we would like to deliver.

Thus, we do hope this incident does not prevent you from availing yourself of our service in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I normally stay in a hotel in central Jakarta. But, seeing that the series of meetings that I have are in the south, on recommendation from a colleague, I booked into this hotel.

Absolutely no regret at all. Apart from saving me an each way commute of at least 90 minutes, the hotel is comparable to all the hotels that I stayed in when in Central Jakarta.

Check in was quick and efficient. The room was very clean and functional. Best of all, the performance of free wifi is the best that I have experienced in Jakarta.

Only snag is that meal options in the area is rather limited. Then again, this is mainly due to my lack of local knowledge. Took all my evening meals at GRAFFITI, the in-house restaurant.

Food here was decent although the service was a tad slow and they delivered fries instead of the requested mash with my main course. This was corrected relatively quickly though.

Highly recommended hotel for this part of town

Only reason why this hotel did not get an excellent rating is the less then ideal level of service at GRAFFITI.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Colin L,

All of us at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang would like to offer our sincere thanks for your delightful review. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern. We regret that our service in Graffiti did not meet your expectation, this does not in any way reflect our usual level of service and we hope you will give us another chance to show you.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review us and hoping to see you again soon.