“Nice hotel with a chic room design.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Jakarta Simatupang

Mercure Jakarta Simatupang
Ranked #32 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Solo, Indonesia
“Nice hotel with a chic room design.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night with my family, we decided to stay in Mercure Simatupang because of its strategic location (it has a good access to toll). Staff welcomed us friendly. I do love its room design, very unique. The room is so clean and the bathroom is also spacious. We enjoyed our breakfast in hotel's restaurant but at the time we arrived there, they ran out of cow's milk for cereal (fortunately the soya milk still available).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mercure M, General Manager at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had good experiences with our staff! It is our goal that all our guests leave with a smile.

We hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the future, it will be our pleasure to show you more of the hotel's facilities.

Gilles Tressens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
Batam, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was there because that hotel nearby Hospital ( RS Fatmawati ) . My father was stay RS Fatmawati . Ok nice and nearby shopping centre and warm service from all staff . I was there with my family. my kid like swimming there . Clean .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ade682013
Mercure M, General Manager at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback of your recent stay at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang Hotel.

We are happy to learned that the hotel’s location has given you and family convenient arrangement to visit Fatmawati Hospital.

It is a privileged to be able to deliver our best service to you and family while you were staying with us and we wish your father will get better soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Arrived in second day of Idul Fitri (Aug 9, 2013), first impression of the lobby is spacious but it has lack of sitting area. Check in process relatively easy and fast since I already booked the room for a month before via hotel’s website. Unfortunately when my family and I were going to the room, there was no bellboy available. But it still acceptable, maybe because it was still in holiday (Idul Fitri is the biggest holiday in Indonesia) and many of the employees taking days off.

First step entering the room, the smell of new furniture make a nice first impression of the room (the hotel is relatively brand new). I also overwhelmed by its modern interior design and the room facility. There are 32’s inch LCD TV, safe deposit box, mini bar (including water boiler and coffee maker), refrigerator (with couples of complimentary soft drink), bathrobe, etc (I stayed in superior room).

Bathroom is the next place to be explored. It has 3 sections, which are: toilet, sink, and bath area. The bathroom amenities are almost complete, with the brand (or jargon) “Mercure and Me” (printed like “Me and Me”), nice touch though. I like the shampoo since it smells like The Trans Luxury’s Aquo De Parma shampoo.

The swimming pool is outdoor and located at the top floor. It’s so small, and can only be enjoyed by the children (or fish maybe). The hotel also has a hot water Jacuzzi, which I personally questioning its effectiveness since Jakarta is already hot.

Breakfast at Graffiti Resto, they provide Indonesian, Asian, and Western style breakfast. The meals and drinks were great, with the exceptional of the Melon Juice (because its too thin and the melon taste has faded out).

During the check out process, I was excited because the hotel charges me cheaper than my booking rate. The lady receptionist explains me that the hotel launch the Ramadhan promo right after my book, and since then they charge my room with the promo rate because of their best price guarantee policy. Two thumbs up.

However there are two things that badly need their attention. First one is the AC. I set the thermostat at 20 degrees Celsius with fan speed in High, but the room temperature is not cool enough. When I check the room temperature using my son’s infrared thermometer, the room temperature is 24 degrees. Its not hot though, but still make my stay uncomfortable (my room number is 1410).

The second thing and the most crucial thing is about the bathroom flooring which slippery when its wet. Because of it, my 3 years old son got slipped and fell down at the bath section (he walked, not run). Although he is not seriously injured (only a bruise in right hand because he hit the glass partition), still there is a safety issue for those who bring children or elderly person.

I sent my complaint to the hotel management via customer survey. Hopefully they can fix these two matters immediately.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mercure M, General Manager at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Mr. Bowie Siregar,

Thank you for taking your valuable time writing your recent stay at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang Hotel.

I’m happy to learn that you and your family were having a great time staying at the hotel, yet we apologize for the shortfalls concerning the in-room Air Conditioner and the bathroom section. I have directly conveyed these comments to related department for further investigation and immediate follow up.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback. We hope you can see the improvements on your next visit to Mercure Jakarta Simatupang Hotel.

Geoje, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very new & Very contemporary,,, love this Hotel & it,s quirkiness & for Jakarta excellent value. Rooms are excellent, very modern, mood lighting, entertainment very good having UK channels on the TV an excellent touch not just CNN & BBC World ;-( Worth a mention is the rooftop bar half open to the elements, great view over the city. Food very good the buffet dinner has an excellent selection & the bar meals very good. Staff are excellent, service is attentive.

Room Tip: Back of Hotel away from main road which can be quite noisy,, choose the Privelege rooms on the 18th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mercure M, General Manager at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to Mercure Jakarta Simatupang Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

The team and I are so excited to learn that our guest has a great time and enjoyable stayed with us. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you while you were staying with us.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed in Mecure for the business trip. Room was new, clean and well-equipped. Touchscreen lift was a tad complicated initially but it is ok after a few trials. Check in was confusing. We checked in as a huge group, we have paid for the same price but all of us were allocated to different standard of room, a few of them were lucky to get the priviledge room though all paid the same price. Shopping malls were near to the hotel. Overall stay was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mercure M, General Manager at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking your valuable time in writing your recent stay at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang Hotel and your kind words.

I have shared your comments regarding room allocation to the relevant department and review your comments. But we are pleased to learn that over all you have pleasant stays at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang.

We sincerely hope to welcome you again sometime soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My second stay at the hotel. This hotel is newly built and just open in oct 2012.

Ok, lets start the review from the bottom to the top....
basement parking area is not spacious,
Lift with touchscreen, its quite complicated for first timer,
I stayed in 18 floor, privilege room. Nice and big room with clean and spacious bathroom.

Since I booked the room without breakfast, hence I cant give the review on the brfast meal... However, I happened to order the room service menu : fried rice and the taste is great.

Overall, I surely will back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mercure M, General Manager at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang Hotel.

In regards to the level of cleanliness, we are happy to learn that it has met your expectation and we ensure that we would keep the standard of excellence in the area

Once again thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed as a family of 3 (1 teenager) for 2 nights at this hotel.

We only had a room of 2 single beds, so we decided to push the two beds together and make a massive bed which surprisingly managed to sleep all three of us. Our room was on the 12th floor and had a good view. The beds were comfortable and the room was relatively small yet clean. The bathroom was nicely designed and relatively functional which was nice too.

The staff were attentive and helpful. Some spoke english which was definitely helpful as well.
The breakfast given was extensive but only ok.

The hotel is located next to Point Square which had a supermarket inside which was convenient too. The only problem was that the hotel was literally next to the outer road freeway which meant it was prone to frequent traffic jams.

We decided to try their in-room massages. It was pretty alright. The ladies were nice and had a lot of strength but the whole experience just wasn't EXCEPTIONALLY amazing, enjoyable none the less.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your kind words about our staff and food. We are trying to give our valued guest the best services we can.

Mercure Jakarta Simatupang as a brand new hotel are in constant pursuit of excellent, we will try to improve our services and facilities to meet your every expectation.

Sincerely Yours,