“Mercure Jakarta Simatupang a surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Jakarta Simatupang

Mercure Jakarta Simatupang
Ranked #32 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Singapore, Singapore
“Mercure Jakarta Simatupang a surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Mercure Simatupang is in a good strategic location in Jakarta South. Going to BSD and Bintaro Business Park is a breeze due to hotel location next to toll highway entrance/exit. Room is clean, decent and sleep quality is good. Hotel is next to mall with major brand hypermarkets for any last minute necessity. A 10-minute taxi ride to CITOS (Cilandak Town Square) hub for varieties of F&B choices. Mercure Jakarta is a true surprise find in Jakarta South.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Mercure M, General Manager at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your review. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We sincerely hope to welcome you again sometime soon at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang.

Gilles Tressens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I give this hotel top marks for the decor of the rooms and the spread at their buffet breakfast, which rivals most 5* hotels, but where they really stand out for me is in their customer service that saved me from near disaster...

I had stored several bags upon check-out and came by the hotel late that night to pick them all up. I was somewhat groggy and not fully awake when I had my bags loaded into the airport taxi. The drive to the airport took 1.5 hrs and when I arrived I realized that I had forgotten one of my bags- the most important one that had my laptop in it! With only 2 hrs before flight departure, I knew I didn't have enough time to go back to the hotel to get it so I called the hotel in a panic to help me. Budi, the man at reception located my left bag and had a hotel security guard escort my bag to the airport in a taxi where it arrived in good time before my flight. I cannot express how grateful I am for this service which would have otherwise made my trip a total disaster!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank dewi8
Dear reviewer,

It was indeed a pleasure to read your comments and I will pass these on to the relevant departments. I was also happy to read that you will recommend the hotel to others and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice, clean hotel with attentive staff. This is not a business hotel, though. The work desk is small and the lighting in the room is dim, making it difficult to work after sunset.

The food was okay-room service was very quick and again, the staff vey friendly when they delivered it.

The hotel is on the edge of Jakarta so plan accordingly when you have to drive somewhere.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel as it is always a pleasure to read constructive comments for the betterment of our operation.
We are also glad that you are in favor of certain aspects in the hotel such as the cleanliness, facilities and services. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the nearest future.

Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I spent two nights there and I found it is a nice brand new hotel. Room is nicely done with a good breakfast.

Location may not be perfect as it was not too easy to grab taxi in the morning caused by the traffic in front of the hotel.

Overall, it is good and perfect for those who go to offices on Jl. TB Simatupang.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sugai
Mercure M, General Manager at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time reviewing our property. I was very pleased to read your comments in the review; it is our pleasure to be of your service. We sincerely hope that you visit us again in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a nice new hotel that represents a bit of a mixed feeling for myself. Overall I am happy with the hotel, perhaps a touch on the pricey side for the area (but not compared to downtown), but I would stay again if required to work in South Jakarta.

Pros....
The hotel is new, very clean and modern in design aspect. I stayed in a Privilege room, which meant some extra in room goodies like capsule coffee machine, some selected freebies from the minibar fridge (juice, soda, coke etc.) and a generous assortment of bathroom amenities.

The bathroom is of reasonable size whilst the bedroom I felt was a a touch on the small side for an upgraded room. Having said that, bed was comfortable, good selection of pillows and nice medium firmness mattress.

Aircon worked well, in-room wifi was good signal (although a bit slow, unless you pay for the extra speed upgrades).

Staff performance was good - polite and helpful, it took a few attempts to sort out a mix up with Agoda not reserving the room type I requested, but in the end it was handled well.

Cons.
I did not at all like the work desk in my room. Way too small a desk and uncomfortable chair. Being primarily a business hotel I was surprised about this and it's definitely an area for improvement.

Other
Jakarta south is not an appropriate place to stay if you want to explore the downtown of Jakarta. Unless you are happy to wait until 9pm to go out (which is of course not a problem in a place like Jakarta). Takes around 30 mins to get down to Menteng when the traffic is light. Do not try to commute to the city area for work/leisure between 8am and 8pm if in this location !

The hotel has a nice bar up on the roof that can tide you over until the traffic subsides.

Cilandak mall is not far (need a taxi) or you can walk to Poins Square just next to the hotel for some alternative food options,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jg161
Dear reviewer,

It was always a pleasure to read constructive comments regarding our property. I have shared your comments to my team. It strongly motivates us to always be above and beyond our customers’ satisfaction.

I appreciate the time you took to comment on our property and hope that you will choose Mercure Jakarta Simatupang Hotel again on your next visit to South Jakarta.

Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

the room not big but clean and nice design.

location just after toll exit which is very good considering the area always heavy traffic

service are good, people are nice and friendly

rate a bit high compare to other hotels with the same class/facility

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Danny0204
Dear reviewer,

I have read with great pleasure your comments during your stay at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang Hotel. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our employees met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Gilles Tressens,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Clean room as expected from a new hotel. BUT the room service is very poor. It took more than 2 hours for me to get my food. The Front Office staff keep telling me that there is no order from my room, in fact, they made a mistake on my room number while taking down my order. Gosh...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Mercure M, General Manager at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your comment regarding our F&B service and I apologies for this situation which should have no occurs. Order taker has wrongly taken the room number when receiving your order, and should have act more professionally

I sincerely hope to welcome you again in near future and that you’ll give us a chance to show you the real quality of our service.

Most sincerely,