“new hotel, Poor service”

favehotel Pluit Junction
Ranked #374 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Room was pleasant, but the service was terrible. Came in on the first day and they gave me a room which was already OCCUPIED! imagine if someone else was given my room, my valuables and everything could be at risk!!!
Housekeeping was also poor, the toilets were never scrubbed although I gave extra tips everyday.

However, the location was great as it is near the airport, right opposite pluit emporium (mall with everything) and a clean massage parlour nearby.
the walls were also very thin, so in the morning, u could hear the huslte and bustle of the people from other rooms along the corridors.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for favehotel Pluit Junction

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Noisy. Place to sleep if you can't find any other decent hotel in the area. Heard Harris is a better choice for budget hotel. The reception staff was terrible, first he told me that the rest of the rooms are smokers then after i told him that on elevators description that 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor are non smoker floor then he said that all rooms are booked.
I had prechecked in the morning and this reception staff could not find the paperwork.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2013

When I checked in I paid 200,000 rupiah deposit in cash. I booked a superior room, but they gave me standard.

The toilet was always blocked, it took them 2 days to come and fix it after 16 telephone calls.

Don't use the hotel laundry, all my clothes were damaged, with black stains all over my polo shirts.

When I checked out, they reckon I never paid any deposit.

They also tried to charge me for my entire stay again, even though it was prepaid.

If you pay cash make sure you photograph giving them the cash, or you will lose your deposit.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Rachel A
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked for one night, This hotel is inside a small shopping mall and food court. Next to it is Emporium a big shopping mall with a lot of good places to eat. The hotel itself is about one star thats all with basic facilities. The surrounding are is congested, niosy and filthy with bad smell. Close to the airport and ideal for back packers just to sleep only with basic room amenities

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2013

30 minutes by car (non peak ) from the airport, this no-frills establishment is located opposite Emporium Mall. You will be spoilt for choice - lots of dining options as well as a big Carrefour, small cart shops and other boutique stuff. Starbucks is big in Jakarta. One there and another located at the mall below this hotel. Another good point - 61 cable channels. No fridge or hairdryer in room. Breakfast is basic.

Peak periods for traffic is defined as hours between 7 and 9 am in the morning and 4-7 pm in the evening.

Should a visitor arrive into terminal 2, as I did, pls note that foreigners and those with visa -on arrival status, kindly only go on the first set of escalator. the second set is reserved for diplomatic status and Indonesians amongst others.

Custom forms, if not given out on board, is readily available at the table counter on the right before baggage claim.

Room Tip: Only deluxe rooms come with a window.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mei H
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We've booked one night in this hotel including transfers from the airport. According to the website we had to wait for conformation for the transfers. After 5 days i e-mailed the hotel as we didn't got any conformation yet. They e-mailed us back and that it was all arranged and the a driver will be waiting for us, with a sign with my name on it.
We landed on the airport on time but there was no driver... After a while we understood that Jakarta was flooded. Of course, something you can't control we understand.But after we called the hotel they didn't apologize and said that we had to take a taxi... So we did... We waited for 3 hours before it was our turn to get a taxi. We told the driver were we wanted to go, then he told us it was unpossible!! Why didn't the guy at the hotel told us?! So we were forced to spend the night at the airport. No e-mail or call at all!! Worst service i've ever seen

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

First i booked from Agoda, and i was so upset cos there's no window in this room. and i couldn't choose another room. the room has modern minimalism look concept.when i went to the room,its quite tidy. but the Thing which was so disappointing is there's many blood spot on their sheet,i think they didn't change the bed sheet. but,Thank God the staff was so nice and helpful,they change the bed sheet right away . there's only one night table (shelf)and it was so fragile,need to be repair. I only got 2 towels,no small towel.No slippers (even i've asked the house keeping,they never brounght it) theres no wardrobe..just hanger bar.
But,the good thing they had free wi fi on the room,but i dont know maybe they had problem with the electric switch cos,my laptop is always hang when i used it in 10 minutes..could no longer.

Room Tip: use the room with window
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo