“Fantastic Indian food, waiters funny beginners”
Review of Eastern Promise

Eastern Promise
Ranked #224 of 8,000 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2014

we had outstanding (Indian) food and a lot of fun with non-english speaking waitresses :);
can't say anything about the british food;
watch-out: smoking bar

There are newer reviews for Eastern Promise

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Great for a night out with your buddies! Live band was good, the crowd were spontaneous! There are some locals but many expats there. We went it without expectation but went home having fun with my friend!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is a really good spot to go in Kemang. I know some expats and this is the spot we ended up both times I have been to Jakarta. The Indian food is really good and I would highly recommend it. Local beers are a good price and foreign beers are generally what I had for prices in other spots that are more foreign or business influenced. Since it is an UK pub style there is more of an alcohol selection then other spots and to my coworker who was craving a whiskey and coke got his chance to have one. Only negative I really have is the cigarette smoke.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

was here for a beer with a friend,actually first time visited jakarta a friend took me here for a drink,wen we arrived at the entrance there was a lady in the reception counter with unfriendly face(not even looking at us),no greeting or smile. we ask can we just walk in and is it ok just to have a drink,she said: ya just get in,sit anywhere! and then we ask is there smoking area? and she reply yes by the way what u guys want to order anyway??(as if we don't have money to spend)

i mean im a professional hotelier and i know she shouldn't ask customer like that,first of all she is not even the waiter,or we are not even entered yet.

as we entered the waitress say hai and bring us to the table at the bar area which is nice. somehow the staff are wearing flip flops,and siting at the bar counter freely,talking about their personal stuff with other co worker which are to me are not so professional.

as we understand most of the customer are foreigner or 'bule' , local customer were treated differently,which are not nice.

as i said above im a professional hotelier,i work as restaurant manager,been travel to many different countries so i know how the service should be. as mostly i spend my time working internationally i feel shame if the service in indonesia is that bad.

3  Thank Isy2012
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Great food.. good atmosphere friendly staff ...its like an irish bar ..and bars like this are hard to find in jakarta..