“Just fun Kites!”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Just fun Kites!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Several rooms filled with multiple kites - some entered in competitions. It was fun to see the designs and designers. In a city with limited museums, it was enjoyable to visit a museum with a different twist!

Visited November 2012

45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Nice museum...”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

it is amazing to see whats inside this museum. I recommend to tourist no to miss this place. Beautiful kites from all over is displayed here.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank eddyss2000
jakarta
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a fun day!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I went here with my family and a few colombian kids that we were hosting. The kites were beautiful, the people there were very friendly and it was fun when I tried to create my own kite! This place is definitely a must go to!

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Jessicatalogo
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“top non-mall destination”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I found this place from tripadvisor while i was in jakarta with my kids & decided to pay a visit.

I found it puzzling that most of my indo friends rate 'the mall' as their top destination.
This kite museum is definitely one of those place that can leave you (& your kids) fascinated for hours, while learning a thing or two .. The tour guides are friendly and passionate about the subjects, and obviously very knowledgeable about those kites exhibits from around the world and the stories behind them. The kids (& I) thoroughly enjoyed the kite-making workshop.

Couple of things you need to prepare:
- google maps / gps !
the place is pretty remote (well, i'm a visitor in jkt) - so plan your route before you leave.
- snacks ! (minor annoyance, when we were there the small shop selling snacks were unattended, and we were hungry :)

Visited January 2013
6 Thank Handy T
Tangerang
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“cool theme museum”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Kite museum is really a cool theme museum to visit. Here we can learn to make kite and to decorate it, and we can also learn to paint t-shirt and make ceramics. Recommended for family visit.

Visited October 2012