“Best seafood in Jakarta”

Seafood City Restaurant Bandar Djakarta
Ranked #205 of 7,925 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Best seafood in Jakarta”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Best seafood in Jakarta, worthied every penny you spend... Excelent taste... i Like to order big crabs with hot sauce...

• Visited February 2014

• Indonesian first
singapore
“Value for money for great seafood ever @ Seafood City Bandar Djakarta - Baywalk Mall Pluit”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I never believe there is a great seafood restaurant in Jakarta with good taste and ambience. It has recalled my memory to Santa Monica Pier in California and East Coast Park in Singapore.

The restaurant name is Seafood City Bandar Djakarta located at Baywalk Shopping Mall, Pluit (around 30 minutes drive from Soekarno Hatta International Airport).

They have a unique fish market that I can choose and pick as much as I want. I love to eat sea mantis, flower crab, mud crab, coral fish and clams. I would like to enjoy Canadian Lobster with only IDR 298,000/pcs (approx 550 - 600 gram) but I have put a side for this visit. Also the live baby octopus..need to prepare myself to eat sashimi live baby octopus.

I just need to steam flower crab to taste the original sweetness of crab meat. 2 mud crabs, cooked for 3 type of sauces: egg yolk, seafood city sauce and black pepper accompany with delicious and superb fried mantao.

As for fish: I tried ikan sukang goreng kering, steam grouper and pompret salero curry... the taste of salero curry is fantastic and kick my tongue.

I also order kerang salju, looks like geoduck in miniature shape with saus pedas. Kerang kapak cooked with garlic. Dont forget to order 'sayur 4 raja' vegetable (similar what I ever enjoy in KL, Malaysia. The sayur 4 raja made of eggplant, ocra, lady finger ??? and smeely green bean, Petay.

The service is considered okay and some of them can communicate with broken english. When I was there last tuesday, there were live music performed by 4 gentelemen. Not too excellence but still within the acceptable range.

Once I settled the bill, I notice for a 50% off of my grouper order special Tuesday. The staff told me for 50% off for mud crab every Thursday. Sure will come on Thursday at my next visit. Overall, the price is acceptable...value for money for great seafood and ambience.

Pekanbaru, Indonesia
“Service was fine; could be better”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

First time visiting this restaurant, found some miss-communication regarding how to order the seafood. The staff was not to attentive for the domestic guests (or it was just me?)
Overall will come back again, the food was great.

• Visited December 2013
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Fresh food”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Located near mercure hotel in alam sutera.
All seafood is fresh and cooked according to
Our preference. Ambience is perfect for small or big group gathering.
Next to fruits stall and many other stall in flavor bliss...

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good food, not so good mosquitoes”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The food is good, must try the grilled cheese lobster. Those are superb!

BUT you must be prepared to see garbage floating on the surface of the sea and the mosquitoes would never give you any time to rest from scratching your legs. Throughout my meal, I got at least more than 7 mozzie bites. Really recommend everyone to wear long pants and bring mosquito repellent.

• Visited August 2013