“Best Cakes in town”
Review of The Harvest Deli

The Harvest Deli
Ranked #26 of 143 Dessert in Jakarta
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Home to delightful dishes The Harvest Deli is the latest creation by Mount Scopus group. It is home for delightfully heart-warming delicacies. The Harvest Deli carries the best of The Harvest, including its cakes and pastries. The Harvest is housing an astonishing collection of delectable cakes, all made with the finest ingredients that are layered and crafted perfectly
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Best cakes in town, chocolate devil and cheesecakes are to die for. Very high end and offered at reasonable prices.

1  Thank George S
There are newer reviews for The Harvest Deli

Reviewed March 27, 2014

love, love the rainbow cake on my last day in Jakarta. It was not too sweet and the box made it extra special.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

yesterday my wife and I went to the new Harvest outlet in Bali, in Sunset Road. I was so happy that we have the Harvest now in Bali, so i can have my favorite strawberry cheesecake. we came at Sunday lunch. i ordered milkshakes and a piece of my favorite cake. as I expected, the taste of the cake was awesome. but too bad, for milshakes they need more than 10 minutes to deliver them. by the end of our time there, we ordered 2 slices of cakes to take away. and again, kinda slow, i dont know if its the standard there or not, it took more than 15 minutes for them to deliver the cakes and the bill (after i need to remind the waiter that we ordered some cakes). for me the waiter/ess are good and friendly, but miss the speed of the service.
and the worst, there was this guy, I expected him maybe the manager or supervisor there, skinny and kinda bald in the front head with glasses (too bad I forgot to ask his name) act really bad in front of the customer. we didn't like the way he treated the waiter/ess when they serve the guest. maybe the waiter/ess made a mistake, but it's a really annoying to see the manager got upset and act such way in front of the customer. it's not the way to treat your crew and put a service to the guest.
we told the guy about this, that we didnt like what we saw, and he apologized. but to make sure that he wouldnt do such thing in the future, i need to write this here.
it's not only the customer that we need to give great service, but also to other crews or colleagues.

7  Thank Htgl
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Harvest never lets me down. This time, they had a beautiful collection of christmas hampers. All their cakes, i find, yummy and reasonable. I always turn to them when i need a cake or cookie gift. I could order in advance and pick it up some other time. When selecting hampers for christmas, please avoid coming 2-3 days before christmas, because Harvest would be verryy full.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My son loves cakes here, but I have terrible experiences twice at the harvest.

The cake I bought at Dharmawangsa outlet was totally frozen. Could not cut the cake, even could not put candles. The worse thing was that they pretended to bake it right away by asking me to wait about 20 minutes to get it even though there was not many customers. What real crookers !

Recently I experienced exactly the same at Senopati outlet. The cake was frozen and they also acted as if they gave a cake which was baked just now by making me waited for 20 minutes althought there was no other customer ordering cakes.

I researched with friends of my wife and found that many of them had the same experience as I mentioned above. Because my son likes cakes here, I occasionally bought cakes at the Harvest, but will never again ! Believe we shoud avoid this kind of dishonest place.

5  Thank Chris J
TheHarvestCakes, General Manager at The Harvest Deli, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Mr. Chris

The degree of importance that we have assigned to opinions and inputs from our valued customer has been a main contributor to our rapid growth and general acceptability as the pioneer and the leader in the European style cakes and pastries in Indonesia. Despite your experience being an exception and certainly not our standard, as we have always done in the past, we are taking your bad experience very seriously. We greatly appreciate your input and we deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Our cakes are not baked while the customer waits and we do not declare so at any time. Our products are fresh but kept refrigerated mainly for hygienic reasons. For customers who purchase our cakes at our store, our cakes are decorated and finished only when the customer is ready to pick up the cake at the store. Finishing could take 10-20 minutes depending on the type and the size of the cake. Our staff is trained to inform the customer the waiting time at the time of receiving an order.

At the time of presenting the cake to the customer at the store, it is our standard no only to open the box and show the cake to the customer but to explain to the customer how long the cake would last in room temperature and how long the cake should be removed from the refrigerator before cutting the cake.

We sincerely apologize your bitter experience and will get in touch with you separately to seek your help to find more details so that our investigation into this exception can be more effective.

Appreciate if you could give us another chance to serve you and rest assured that your next experience at THE HARVEST will be a pleasant one.