Turkuaz Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 8,195 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Turkuaz - Authentic Turkish Cuisine & Baklava House is designed to be one of the leading restaurant offering a truly memorable authentic Turkish dining experience, lead by Proprietor and Head Chef Sezai Zorlu, a passionate and charismatic Turkish Chef in Indonesia known as the ambassador of Turkish cuisine in Indonesia since 1999. Delectable authentic Turkish cuisine, freshly prepared food and personalized service is Turkuaz all about. Opening Hours: Sundays to Thursdays:- 11.30Am - 10.00Pm (last order) Fridays and Saturdays:- 11.30Am - 11.30Pm (last order)
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I like this place a lot, with its pretty lamps and attentive waiters. I had to look up their website so I can mentioned the foods that we had at our visit. Let's see, I believe we had these dishes:
- Meze Platter (consists of Zeytinyagli Hummus, Babaganuc, Gavurdagi Salatasi, Ispanakli Peynirli Borek and Lavas Ekmegi)
It was delicious!! I love the hummus, the babaganuc, the puffy bread and the fresh gavurdagi salatasi. I can eat just this platter alone and satisfied with it.
- Enginarli Kuzu Incik Haslama (Overnight wood oven baked fork tender shank of lamb, home dried herbs & spices served with artichokes, potatoes, celery stick, baby carrots and Sehriyeli Pilav)
The meat was succulent and the portion was quite big. It's not spicy, so it's safe for kids and older people. We couldn't finish the whole thing and ended up bringing it home.
- Baklava (Turkey’s most popular dessert – Chef’s childhood favorite, layers of fillo pastry, butter, pistachio and homemade syrup)
It was delicious. Though after that heavy dishes we gobbled up front, eating this sweet and delicious dessert seemed like a Herculean task. Didn't regret ordering it though, cause it was good despite my nearly-exploding belly.

I definitely will come to Turkuaz again, I miss the Meze Platter already.. =)

3  Thank DevilAngelique

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Had a meal there several months ago, the hummus with tahini in it (can't remember the exact name) was so good I have since recommended family and friends visiting Jakarta to try this restaurant out, and everyone from kids to jaded gourmets have raved about their hummus, though each has a different favourite among the restaurant's other offerings: beef sirloin kebab, lamb shank, yoghurt drink, baklava... (I myself love their mezze platter, but would not recommend the minced meat kebabs - they all tasted and felt the same whatever the meat choice.) Service, decor, ambience were all pleasant without being over-the-top, and so was the pricing. Definitely one of my favourite restaurants in Jakarta for comfort food and gatherings. Reservation is highly recommended, especially for dinners on weekends, as this is a rather small restaurant.

2  Thank S K
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was our first time back in Sezai Zorlu's kitchen, after several previous visits to Anatolia --- and it was excellent. The humus with butter sautéed pine nuts was out of this world. How such a simple dish can be so tasty! The lamb shanks with fried aubergines was also incredible, with the meat very very tender. We has some other really nice side dishes, and ordered extra helpings of the desserts, almond pudding and creamy cold rice pudding, which were delicious but also remarkably light. We didn't mind the absence of alcoholic drinks from the menu, and the mint tea we had instead went very well with the food. You will need to book a table for this restaurant, because we were obviously not the only ones who have found how excellent and good value Turkuaz is.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Authentic is the reputation this restaurant has in Jakarta, but I wonder just how many residents here have been to Turkey. Regardless, it is delicious and as an added attraction we can walk there from our house, although one takes one's life in one's hands crossing Jalan Gunawarman.

Lamb shank was tender and tasty, and they offer several variants. The wide range of hot and cold starters (mezze) was irresistible, and we could have happily dined on these alone. There was a wide range of vegetarian dishes on offer and one of these with the lamb shank was perfect for two diners to share.

Babes in arms are welcomed, staff are friendly and always ready to help, but the bill was probably one third higher than we expected, since we didn't have any alcoholic drinks.

2  Thank opacjkt
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The place is good to treat guests, spouse or those who appreciate good Middle Eastern food with Western taste.

1  Thank deetwotee