“Quite amateuristic, all in all.”
Review of Bluegrass

Bluegrass
Ranked #58 of 8,058 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Amazing that the waiters seem to think a birthday of a colleague is more important than offering service to their customers. Suddenly everyone is gone for almost 10 minutes to sing and offer a cake to a co-worker at the busiest time of the evening and a full house.

Also, we had to explain to the waiter how to cut the beef and to serve the wine.

4  Thank jstar71

Reviewed November 30, 2012

On October 20th 2012 I wowed never to return to Bluegrass ever, in spite of it having one of the nicest atmospheres and very good food and bar.

What made me strike off this place from my list of options in Jakarta was the unbelievable arrogance and plainly hostile reception given to me, because I dared to show up with no reservation! No matter that I was just 1 person seeking dinner and a couple of drinks, to no avail.
At the entrance I was unceremoniously rebuffed and told "we are fully booked". I tried insisting, to see if I could get in and I was told to try my luck at the bar.

Lo and behold, there were several vacant stools, and I promptly picked one. But since neither Hostess felt compelled to escort me in and offer me a seat at the bar, I was promptly ignored by the half dozen staff working the bar in front of me, serving patrons left and right of me. I felt as if I was invisible. I endured this ofence for a total of 15 minutes, hoping in vain to be asked if I wanted anything.

It never happened, none of the staff evere cared to direct a word to me.

I got up, walked out, and will never return.

P.S. The place will soon be torn down, as the building it is in, will have to give way to a new high rise being built as I write.

5  Thank Affe28
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Their steak is the best, the price quite expensive, but it's worth it with the service and the food they serve. The taste of the food, quite unique. when you visit in weekend, better to do the rsvp first. Love it :)

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've had some nice meals at BlueGrass, but the last 2 times I have been there I ordered the "famous ribs". Both times the ribs were cold, almost frozen inside. I had to send them back for reheating, and sadly the quality just wasn't good when they came back to the table. Hoping that this was I once off, I re-ordered the ribs on my next visit, and the same thing happened. I wont go back there again.

Also...waaaaaaayyy too smoky environment.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

At Bluegrass you will not only enjoy good cocktails, but also refined basic food, with good flavours and well presented. The price point is mid range.
The atmosphere is what got me most, a well designed restaurant, with a stylish and trendy cliental. A place I would go back to at any time...
Thanks to the bar, kitchen and sevice team for making the night so fun and enjoyable.