“Old and worn out hotel”

Ranked #137 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Old and worn out hotel”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Though the hotel claims to be newly renovated, it's rather disappointing. The furnitures are old, towels are dirty and stained, shower is really bad with the water spraying all over causing the floor to be wet.
There are non-smoking signs on the walls, however, as we walked through the corridors, we smell very strong cigarette smells. Ashtrays are provided in the room and toilet, even though we were told this is a non smoking hotel.
Staffs are friendly and helpful though.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Fera F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Surabaya
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed 2 nights here because we're having a conference in this hotel otherwise i would not consider staying here. The first day when i checked in, they gave me a room but there are Other people's luggges still inside then they moved me to another room and it was damp and dirty, there are urine stains on the toilet, the towels were not washed properly and still had blood stains and it also smells terrible, secondly none of the channels were working and i had to call thrice to get them to change my room then 30 minutes plus later a bellboy came and took me to my room which is also as dirty and had insects on the tub eventually we went down to the front office and complained then we got "upgraded" into what they call a modern deluxe room which is basically the same room with new lamps and few gimmicks after settling in we realized that even the aircon was maxed out, it is still not cold.

The second day, i had breakfast in andrawina restaurant but a lot of them was already empty by the time i got there at 9.

The housekeeping was also terrible where they did not clean our rooms they just made up the bed and they also woke me up at 8 in the morning and while they already saw me half-asleep they still asked "housekeeping?"

There are still a few things wrong that i haven't point out. It is so bad, it's one of the worst hotel i have ever been

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Andrew W

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed September 4, 2012

After reading some of the reviews for this hotel I was not expecting too much from my visit but would like to share my experience.
I had a good welcome into a modern looking lobby which had a beautiful looking lounge to the right and a coffee shop restaurant to the left. My room was located in the 9th floor which I found to be quite nice and nothing like some at the rooms described on here. When I asked the staff I was told this floor had been renovated about 2 years ago and that another 250 rooms will be finished renovating in the next 2 months.
I had the buffet dinner in the coffee shop which was very nice with a good taste.
I have to say for the price I paid I would certainly go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank David J
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The rooms are humid and musty . The place are not well maintained. The foods on the restaurant aren't bad.

The furniture are all wood javanese type of furniture. Overall lobby looks alright.

However, definately not a five star hotel!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ms_Dewijakarta
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I live in bali , went to jakarta for meeting in sudirman area, I stayed there for 2 nites, the hotel is not new but The lobby is nice and cozy eventhough is not so luxury , and i spent 1 evening listening to the local singer in d lobby and it was quite cozy and pleasant spending 1,5 hours enjoying a few glasses of red wine, the room is furnished with wooden classic furniture. It looked a bit out of date , but it was fine with me , since it was well maintained , coz i love wooden furniture and the room' ac is cold enough for me.
Service was good when I was asking a room safe deposit box , since the hotel does only provided as per requested. And the extra 3 bottles mineral water was sent to my room in less than 15 minutes with no extra charges . Coz i drink a lot of water.
The location is in d prime location, sudirman road and close by to the most prestige malls in jakarta such as plaza indonesia and grand indonesia. I could not find any 5 star hotel in that location with that pricing. One last thing , i did enjoyed the breafast buffet in d hotel , huge selections and food quality was tremendous top class for that sort of room rate. Food Hygienes was quite high standard , coz i saw an expart chef there in out the buffet room checking on the buffet. I do recommend for people want to spend budget price for 5 star hotel in d prime location in jakarta with old classic wooden furniture

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Cjlokman
Selangor, Selangor, Malaysia
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I'm strongly not recommended this hotel to others because this hotel is very old, dirty and terrible. The staff also very rude to us especially from house keeping department. We was asking the staff to arrange the bed nicely, but surprisingly that old man from house keeping just gave the blanket to us and said that we need to arrange by our self with rude attitude. Agreed with others the room is smell like used stocking..The carpet is very dirty...They are still using old furniture. I'm very shocked when i saw the tv..they are still using CRT tv...which i never seen before...How come they in ranking 5 stars hotel? Please the rest, don't be fooled....Never, never, stay in Grand Sahid Hotel...

Room Tip: No tip...this hotel very terrible...Please find others hotel...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Suhaimi I
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My dad made a booking for 5 rooms for our family trip to Jakarta.

I stayed there before and thought it was a bit old but they said they just had an upgrade so I went on with it.

When I arrived I was very impressed with their new lobby, however when we arrived to the rooms (even the lifts) it looked like it hasnt been touched since 1978!

Our room was on the 16th floor and we could smell the stale stench of damp carpet and we were given a twin bedded room instead of a single king bed.

The furniture was very dated and creaky, however the linens were clean. The pillows were old and lumpy and they only gave 2 Pillows per room.

The tv (from the 80s) played random
Channels and most of the channels had bad signal.

The tea making facilities were dirty. We had to wash our kettle a few times because there were yucky smelly grime stuck to the bottom of the kettle.

We were only given 1 breakfast coupon per day. So we hardly ate in the hotel.

We did not request to change room because the other 4 rooms occupied by my family members is just as bad.

This hotel is 5 star, yes but 30 years ago. Now it's a black hole.

I will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012