“sahid jaya hotel”

Grand Sahid Jaya Hotel
Ranked #134 of 472 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed January 19, 2012

It is a slightly old hotel, but the atmosphere is good.
I was able to be satisfied enough.

There is in the city, but there is not the institution which I can go on foot.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank いんてりやくざ

Reviewed December 30, 2011

My vacation from August 30th. To September 14th.-2011 took me to Bali, Surabaya
and finally Jakarta.
This hotel was the last place I stayed in before going back to Canada.
Compared to 2007, the lobby/reception area has improved quite a bit and looked very nice,
this however cannot be said about the bedrooms.
The first room they gave me had brown running water...
Thanks to Denise, the floor manager I got another room.
Unfortunately the room I stayed in didn’t see renovations since the hotel was built in the 70’s.
They assured me that all the rooms are under renovation, an urgent necessity to say the least.
I had planned to stay at Le Meridien, but because of the busy time of year (Idul Fitri) there was no vacancy, and I was forced to stay at this hotel once again.
Positive are the in house restaurants, food was very good and staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms till the 4th. floor have apparently been renovated
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I have travel on business trip last week.Price is very expensive but hotel is really rundown
I have book the airport transfer service but i did not see any taxi with my name in the airport and i waited for 30 min for nothing.At last i decided to hire a cab myself.

The hotel outer look and lobby looks ok but when u reach the room, you will be like shock.Rooms is very run down with no maintenance.Luckily the bed and toilet is clean.
But the facilities in the room is very old.14"CRT TV, which is hard to find it nowadays..the room is stuff with a old smell...luckily i was flu that day therefore i din really smell it or else it will be a sleepless night for me...there is no in room safe as well...The aircon is a bit weird, when i reach the room it was at 0c and i adjusted to 20c until 30c, but there is still no diff, i was so cold at the night....
But the good things is, breakfast is quite sumptious, a lot of food available, even i saw cherry was provided...too bad i was sick and i onyl go for the fruits
Since jakarta was so jam, and my office is only opposite there, i have no choice to stay there...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank euniceyew
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed in this hotel on business trip when Sari Pan Pacific is unavailable. I got to say... for the price you pay for their standard or even deluxe room, it is really overrated. The hotel is rundown. No attached gym, though you may access the gym in their adjacent building a few minutes walking distance away. The spread for the buffet breakfast is the same every day and does not offer much variety. If given a choice, will not stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Deluxe room tend to be a better choice, but honestly nothing to shout about.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank SueC73
Reviewed November 5, 2011

In Jakarta, You may see all day heany trafic jam in the city. This hotel is located center of the city. However there are no access shopping or dinning place on foot. Then you always need extra one hour for those actitivities. You may see YELLOW water from shower 24hrs. You need pay attention for your health while staying. There are concierge sign at hotel front but they do not support any thing for the guest. We could not touch any intentions for their hotel service. I recommned you would not expect any hotel service on this hotel. Among emplyees comunications are very bad and management are terrible. Typical Indonesia quality hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank TONY3850
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Our host booked us in Sahid Jaya. No sitting facitlities at the lobby/reception area.Check in no hassle.Room 798 has a pool view!Nice! As it is a standard room everything in it is standard! The room is clean. Breakfast is ok There is a decent selection of pastries. And a few fruit juices which caught my immediate attention.We had an early breakfast for an early check out. Service throughout our one nite stay was superb!We thanked our host for his kind hospitality and letting us expereinced the Sahid Jaya.

Room Tip: If you are picky about rooms, try elsewhere! If you are not then the Sahid Jaya is ok if you put int...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jamrah
atillatilla, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Grand Sahid Jaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

Hello; I traveled to jakarta and stayed Grand sahid jaya hotel for 4nights in march - 19 -2012
In my opinion ,nice hotel and great location. If you face any problem related with hotel you have to find Mr yudhi_rama and tell the situation . he will do his best to solve and make you happy. I , thank you again from here. If you sit down in solo lounge the responsibilty lady will show you indoneasion traditional respect and attitude I thank her from here. YOU can read rewievs which is not good , at the conclusion I advise you to stay hotel Grand sahid jaya hotel have a good travel have a good days
ATİLLA

Reviewed September 30, 2011

when I visited Jakarta in my brief tour with the family. I chose this hotel, friendly service that makes me comfortable. large rooms with adequate lighting quality. view of the room that leads to Jl. General Sudirman also made my thoughts on Indonesia more memorable. My breakfast was in filled with a varied culinary with a satisfying taste. maybe later when I returned to Indonesia I would choose this hotel again with my family ^ _ ^

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family