except for the friendly staff of the breakfast restaurant, there is little else that holds this place yet compel visitors to return. Memorable for the wrong reasons like : -
- wifi is chargeable (+/-USD15) yet signal is erratic within the room.
- bathtub has cracks in some areas & if ur not careful, can graze yourself
- really old décor throughout the building
- I'm IHG member so was given the 'benefit' of 20% discount of the spa which serves no benefit to me yet free internet would be ideal & customer driven.
- dirty bar seat for the smoking area/verandah just outside the breakfast floor. There were staff that comes to clean the tables & ashtray but obviously miss the stools as layers of dust can be seen on it. Give it a whack & you would choke on the dust, provided you're still keen to sit on it.
My take is simple, if it's too much to care, then don't bother having it there. It just indicates to guest to sit at own (dis)comfort.
- staffs throughout the building have trouble smiling/greeting or one can sense things are not right amongst them...maybe welfare issues?? the only occasion the staff bothered was the security lady at the elevators, door girl & staff at breakfast floor. everyone else stares at you blank.
- power points to charge devices are limited in the room & if you find one, it may not work.
- my partner made a group booking so some rooms were under his name only. As the rooms were split into different floors & his need to visit the other colleagues, main desk said it's impossible for security reasons as the access card only allows access to respective floor in the elevator yet you can sense from his looks he's apologetic & (admits)the cloud of idiocy hanging over. I'm sure the hotel can train their staff to use their discretion to assess the situation. Using his discretion (& authority) he emphasize he's doing us a FAVOUR by allowing it. Heck!...we're not returning coz your system is dumb & we don't need personal guarantees from staff!
- on checkout day, there a group of guest awaiting for taxis & 1 anxious gent, after waiting for 15-20mins, was growing more restless as he was heading to the airport had to ask the queing guest in front if he can have their taxi & luckily, they were kind enough. In my 35mins waiting time, the other group in front of us had to walk outside to the road to hail a cab whilst the concierge & other staff(maybe security) easily about 10 in total didn't little to help (inspite of them being very free) yet were chatting & joking away. Pathetic would be an understatement.
I got my cab as my partner booked via the phone.
If the rates of the hotel includes wifi & breakfast, there would be better options than this place. Whilst I didn't go thru a horrific experience at this hotel, there is nothing to compel a return. My adage is that if the hotel can't add value & make your stay pleasant, it should not at least inconvenient you.
Plus point - bathroom is tiled & is spotlessly clean.
- decent breakfast spread of Western & Asian. more than enough variety to fill up an empty stomach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Jakarta is a global business hotel that truly understands and fulfills the needs of the business traveller. The hotel has 357 spacious guestrooms and it is conveniently located in the "Golden Triangle" business disctrict, only 35 minutes by freeway to Soekarno Hatta International Airport. Near to the hotel are luxury shopping malls such as Plaza Senayan and Senayan City, as well as office complexes where multinational companies are located.Design to offer not just a comprehensive range of meeting services and in-room business facilities, the hotel also offers numerous leisure and entertainment options to reward you, the Business Executive, after a hard day's work. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Jakarta
- Jakarta Crowne Plaza