“It's quite nice”

Ranked #18 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“It's quite nice”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

The Grand Hyatt Jakarta is constantly excellent in providing exceptional services and facilities. I must say that it is a very nice hotel in the heart of Jakarta with spacious rooms that has walk-in closets. However they failed to impress me with average-quality in room amenities like easy to break plastic pens and plastic laundry bags and other such things. I understand that these things are not very important, but these things are comparable to those of 3 star hotels, not a Grand Hyatt.

Stayed here at June 2012

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 2, 2014

An amazing hotel in the heart of Jakarta. spectacular setting and rooms. We were there for a recent wedding. Reception and restaurants are incredible. Pool area was too beautiful. Price not outrageous. Only draw back was the incessant chanting from the large mosque all day on Friday.

Room Tip: You can get from the airport for about $20.00 in a taxi. Great mall next door for shopping and dinn...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Grand_Hyatt_Jakarta, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Jakarta, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Joe,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Jakarta.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Jakarta on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful experience with us. However, I am sorry that you were disturbed by outside noise and I hope it did not detract from your overall experience with us.

Thank you again for your comments and feedback. We are looking forward to welcome you back at Grand Hyatt Jakarta in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 23, 2014

It was my first time staying at Grand Hyatt Jakarta, honestly i did not have a high expectation since it is an old hotel. When i arrived at the hotel, the exterior looked old, but they have a massive lobby area with an indoor garden & water feature. I was staying with my wife and a 2yo daughter. The check in process was smooth but we were advised that no room is available for us before 2pm since they were fully booked after new year eve. So we left our luggages in the hotel and went straight to Plaza Indonesia which is connected to the hotel.

After some shopping and lunch then we headed back to the hotel and given our room key. My first impression when i entered our room was "spacious". The room is beyond my expectation, they have walk in robes, a work table, snacks cabinet with fridge etc, a shower, a bath tub & 2 basins.

We stayed 2 nights in total and we spent most of our time at Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia which is only across the road (2 min walk). We did not get any compliment breakfast but it is so easy to find food at those 2 malls.

I went to the health club and tried the massage. The health club is amazing, they have top notch facilities and marbles all around. And we also went to the swimming pool where they have kids pool.

In overall, i was satisfied with the hotel and what they have to offer, it was beyond my expectation for such an old hotel

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear mijth,

Warm greetings from Grand Hyatt Jakarta.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at Grand Hyatt Jakarta on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room, our hotel facilities and the convenient access to Plaza Indonesia Shopping Center and Grand Indonesia Shopping Town. It is also great to learn that you enjoyed our Club Olympus and swimming pool.

Again, thank you very much for your comments and we are looking forward to welcome you back at Grand Hyatt Jakarta.

Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed four nights here while on business. 19th floor non-smoking king room was exquisite. Very spacious with good wifi. I had access to the Grand Club on the 22nd floor. If not included in your room rate, I would highly recommend paying the additional for access to the club. Breakfast and Dinner were provided in the club and the staff was attentive. I was also happy that they catered to my western tastes. The security around the facility was very diligent. The call to prayer at 4am could be heard but foam ear plugs were provided and seemed to do the trick. I failed to bring workout attire but wished I had once I saw the extensive exercise room and pool area. This will be the only place I stay if I'm ever back in Jakarta.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Suwanee Town,

Warm greetings from Grand Hyatt Jakarta.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our associates and so that they may be recognized for their efforts. It is also great to learn that you appreciated our Grand Club Lounge, its facilities and services. We will be more than happy to welcome you at Club Olympus, our comprehensive fitness and wellness center, on your next visit.

Again, thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to welcome you back at Grand Hyatt Jakarta.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I love the rooms in this hotel. Comfortable. Clean. Well-lit. Plus their buffet is delicious. Good location as well, though there tends to be a number of rallies nearby. Very accessible via the bus transportation system.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The Grand Hyatt at Jakarta is quite a nice place to stay. The foyer and public areas on the bottom floors are really spacious and elegant. Unfortunately the Burgundy Bar, nicely laid out, suffers from Indonesia's tolerance for smoking in public places but is OK otherwise. Rooms are large and well equipped. Great gym and spa facilities. The Club Lounge does seem a little tired, perhaps just the wooden floors which also contribute to a lot of noise from the staff high heels and general background noise. On my first night, I had to complain that a group of Caucasian guests were just outrageously loud and totally inconsiderate of others. It is a difficult thing culturally for local staff to caution guests (especially Caucasians) and my pleas to have them quiet them down didn't achieve much so in the end I just left the lounge in desperation. .I blame the guests more than the staff, Caucasian business travellers know the limits, but some just test them.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I spent a working week in this hotel and was attending a conference and going to meetings in different parts of the city.
The property itself is rather tired and is need of the upcoming revamp. What the hardware lacks, the " software " i.e. the staff really make up for. Everyone from the GM down really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Beyond that, on this stay, there were several examples of staff really trying their best to add value. One example is the engineer who changed my TV three times to sort out a technical problem with showing video from my iPad onscreen. The staff in the Grand Club are again very welcoming and friendly and have an almost unnerving ability to remember names, food and drink preferences etc without looking at a screen. They come across as authentic and helpful. The gym is good and well run.The check in woman who greeted me was polite and kind.
This stay has really highlighted to me that people genuinely can transform an ageing property into a great place with the right level of enthusiasm, authenticity and consistency. My advise to anyone going for the first time is to look beyond the infrastructure. You will not be disappointed. Thank you to all staff and to the GM of this great hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the higher level rooms as the rooms are better. Ask for a dehumidifier to keep the air fresh.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business