I stayed there during a family vacation time. This hotel is located on the famous HI circle, just next to Plaza Indonesia and across the street from Grand Indonesia.
1. Service and Staffs: Service is great, staffs are really helpful. Check in and check out time is quick, no fuss. Staffs are also very helpful with other questions, like distance to malls, best time for traffic, how to get to some place. One comment is with the concierge, when we took a cab from the lobby, and the concierge is trying to put somebody's luggage in our cab. We had to tell him, otherwise we'll end up with an extra luggage. Grade: A-.
2. Location: This is the best. Just above Plaza Indonesia and across Grand Indonesia. Food is plentiful. You can get reasonable food to the more expensive one within 30 minutes from your room (walking). Although the stores are more for window shopping, in my opinion. Also on teh Sunday morning, the road was closed for bicycles and pedestrians. Grade: A.
3. Lobby and exterior: Grand. Even better with all teh Christmas decoration, makes it so lively. Can get rather crowded with all the events going on in the hotel. Grade: A-.
4. Room: Good layout, big, clean, spacious. Great area for working, internet and watching TV. I am travelling with family (2 kids), and unbelievably we can still have our own space! Great quality of mattress and sheets. However, I noticed several things that I would expect better from a hotel this class. Door chain was broken during the 3 days we stayed there and never got fixed. We had towels replaced, but they just put them not in the right place. Dying flowers (why bother at all). Basically some small stuffs that you just know right away when they are not right. Grade: B+.
5. Value: Seems like this is one of the most expensive hotels in Jakarta. Grade: B-.
Overall: I will definitely come back here again if travelling on business. However, need some consideration of travelling with my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Regarded as one of the finest hotels in Indonesia, Grand Hyatt Jakarta is living up to its name. Strategically located in the Thamrin CBD and adjacent to Plaza Indonesia Shopping Centre and The Plaza Office Tower, the hotel provides excellent services and amenities to people from all around the world. Dine in the hotel's award-winning C's steak and Seafood Restaurant, pamper yourself in the Club Olympus Fitness & wellness Centre and swim in our 43-metre lagoon-shaped outdoor swimming pool. In keeping with the ever-changing needs and lifestyles of the present day global travellers, Fountain Lounge is about to embark on a complete renovation project on 15 April 2017 and is scheduled to open in the month of June 2017. To ensure your comfortable stay and convenience, we have adjusted the opening hours of burgundy and C’s Steak and Seafood restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt Jakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Jakarta Hotel Jakarta
- Jakarta Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Jakarta
- Jakarta Hyatt