“Good hotel”

Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta
Ranked #8 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed October 29, 2008

Decided to stay at the Mulia last minute because I found a cockroach in the previous hotel. Being upgraded to a better room is a good start, waking up late from the jet-lag, they still serve us a late breakfast in a different restaurant with a very good a la carte menu.
Staff are very helpful, friendly and professional.
I am glad I left the other hotel because I stayed at the Mulia which is very satisfying.
We went to Bali for a week and decided to stay at Mulia again before leaving Indonesia, but this time the room was less nice, smoking room (very smelly) and the bathroom was rusty. But they moved us to a better room straight away after I requested.
Swimming pool is good but around late afternoon lots of screaming kids with their nanny, some of these kids are attacking other guests including us, not extreme, but it's quite annoying when you try to relax.
Overall it's very good and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank luv2ravel
Write a ReviewReviews (2,225)

Reviewed October 23, 2008

Hotel Mulia is a prestige hotel that is worth the rate!
Good customer service and excellent room!

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank BunnyP
Reviewed September 15, 2008

I have stayed at the Mulia since 2004. This is one of the best hotel as far as value for money and service in Asia. The rooms are big and the staff extremely courteous. The breakfast selection is very very good!

The gym and spa are top class. On my last trip, on 2 occasions, trainers helped improved my work out routine with stretch exercises. They did it with smile and profesionalism.

The hotel is very well located in Jakarta near 2 beautiful malls: Plaza Senayan and Senayan City

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank lj1dpix
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I've stayed in this hotel mahy times over the last 3 year, all for business. I travel to Jakarta every 3 months so I'm quite familiar with the surroundings. Hotel has all the comforts of a 5 star hotel and about 5-6 restaurants to choose from. CJ bar is usually quite busy but note there are a lot of girls waiting to do 'business'.

There is nothing outside the hotel and you will need to travel by taxi anywhere you go...but then in Jakarta, you need a taxi anyways. Rooms are nice and spacious as well as a large bathroom.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank traveller1234
Reviewed August 31, 2008

This hotel is grand, like a Ritz-Carlton. We had our seminar at the hotel and the food was great. The bed was very comfortable, the room spacious, the bathroom came with a separate cubicle for shower. One improvement I would suggest is the room's sound-proofing. I could hear noises from the adjacent room and from the corridor. Thankfully, the floor was rather quiet. Breakfast spread was wonderful and had great selection of dim sum and Japanese items. Salmon sahimi was thick and fresh.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank chezkelly
Reviewed August 27, 2008

My last stay at Mulia was way back in Oct 07 and recently stayed at Mulia from 16-18 July 08. Mulia has always been my choice when I visit Jakarta on business.

Not having been back to Mulia for so many months, once again, Mulia lives up to my expectations. I noticed many changes during this recent trip.

I was greeted with more counter staffs which speed up the registration waitng time. This is the same when I checked out. It was a breeze. I am also delighted to see that counter staff consciously requested politely to customer to fill up customer survey form. I thought this is very positive for a Hotel to want to hear from their customers. I believe customer feedback is being acted upon to keep happy customer coming back. Keep it up !

The newly decorated Cafe for breakfast was refreshing. I also noticed that there were sufficient staff to provide good service to all customers. In this area, Mulia has always lives up to my expectations. Mulia staff remains to be friendly and helpful.

Finally, I have not seen any Hotel that is so serious in getting feedback from their customers. Mulia is the only one that I know of at this time. As such, I am more than willing to provide feedback to make Mulia a better Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank BoomerSooner2008
Reviewed August 26, 2008

This hotel is one of the best hotels I have ever been. The service is excellent. The rooms are big and very clean.
All of the hotel staff are very friendly. They try to help the guests with everything. Also business services are perfect.
When I visit Jakarta the next time I will select the Mulia Hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business