“Good for Stay, OK for Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Mulia Senayan

Hotel Mulia Senayan
Ranked #11 of 454 Hotels in Jakarta
Bengaluru, India
“Good for Stay, OK for Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed for few days. This is my feedback
1. Service is excellent. Lots of people available to help out for anything.

Stay
1. Room is very nice. Corner rooms are quite noise free. Bed is excellent and all the stuff in the room , sitting arrangements , TV , bathroom etc are the best one can get.

Room Service Food
1. I did not enjoy the Room Service Food. Can be better and tastier.

Orient
1. Had a lunch at Orient which was also not exactly great, just okay. Service was good , but then the restaurant was quite empty even around 1 PM.

Breakfast
Its a busy place for guests. Not many items for vegetarians, but the spread is good and ambiance too.

Room Tip: Select corner room if possible. Good ones.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear snehansu,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta and taking your time to share a review with us. We are delighted to read that you thought the service was excellent, as well as enjoying the facilities of our Junior Suite.
On your next visit, should you wish to have more vegetarian food, please ask one of the waiters, who will be happy to ask the chef to assist you.

We thank you for coming and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days on my first work trip to Jakarta. It was a joy to come home to every day. There is a great choice of restaurants, the pool is lovely, and the service amazing. A number of the staff knew my name, and the furnishings are exquisite. I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Dear Longpocket,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta and taking time to share your comments with us.

We are delighted that you were impressed with both our facilities and service.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

With best regards,
Stratford on Avon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

The hotel had a very impressive lobby but the reception staff were slow to say the least and after a long flight what you really want is a speedy check in! The bedroom was gloomy with curtains half closed and a rather outdated trad feel to it - the bed was reasonably comfortable though. The bathroom too was outdated and the towels looked very old. The breakfast area was completely manic and staff were rushing around with ear pieces and not very friendly. The Japanese buffet restaurant was pretty good with lots of choices and everything tasted fresh.Table8 is another restaurant there which offered food from Vietnam, Thailand, Japan and France! The menu was complicated and the staff weren't very knowledgeable when asked about the French menu. Food was quite good but not outstanding. The outside pool area was a bit dated and not many sunbeds for such a large hotel. Be prepared for a long wait outside the hotel for your car to arrive - there was always a huge queue of taxis and cars coming in and out - very chaotic!

1 Thank StratfordonAvonBob
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Table8 Restaurant makes this hotel worth it on its own...
Easy check in and check out.

Nice, large, clean room. Nice bathroom and facilities. Very nice breakfasts.
Very pleasant staff and always with a smile.
Only negative is having to pay for Internet - that seems ridiculous to me.

Room Tip: Choose one away from the lift well
Dear mal_chaney,

Thank you for your review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our facilities and staff to be very pleasant.
As for the in internet, we do have packages that include in-room internet service – kindly mention it the next time you make your room reservation. Alternatively, complimentary Wi-Fi service is available in all restaurants and the pool area.

Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next trip to Jakarta.

With best regards,
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Having stayed in Jakarta on many previous occasions I unfortunately have expectations of hotels in this city and the Mulia fell way, way below those expectations.

Several colleagues had recommended the Mulia for good quality rooms, service, food and a convenient way to access the office and avoid the main risks of traffic. I experienced quite the opposite of all of these – the room was average, service terrible, food awful and it took 2 hours one morning to travel 4km to my office from the Mulia!

The room was dated, chintzy and unnecessarily large. Everything felt dusty and with a faint scent of cigarette smoke – even though the entire hotel is supposedly non-smoking. Nothing really felt clean. The fittings were old and stained, including light fittings. And I didn’t find the bed very comfortable.

The television is ancient with a crackly picture. The aircon is uncontrollable. Each time I left the room the aircon reset itself to 17 degrees at full blast so the room was far too cold each time I returned. The shower was not hot or very powerful (and my room was on one of the lower floors).

The windows don’t seem to be double glazed so even 8 levels up the traffic was audible and I was woken by the call to prayer at 4:30am each morning. I never experienced this in other Jakarta hotels.

The pool was dirty and had a nasty layer of scum around the walls.

The gym equipment is very old, stops working part way through a work-out and a number of items were out of order. It was also very busy due to the large number of guests and locals who are members of the gym. I was not able to use any pieces of equipment that I wanted on the 4 mornings I went to the gym. In comparison to other Jakarta hotels which have brand new, excellent equipment this was very poor.

The service was not what I would expect from a hotel that holds itself out to a higher star standard. I had to ask several times for things I needed from staff. Check-in and out was far too slow. Staff think shouting a greeting at you is somehow ‘service’. The English of most staff was also limited so I gave up on requests on most occasions. I couldn’t find any staff member who could advise on the local area around the hotel.

The first night when I arrived late I attempted to get dinner at the (supposedly open 24hrs, but not really) Café and waited 45 mins for the worst Caesar salad I’ve ever been served while the entire dining area was noisily packed up around me.

The wait for the lifts (elevators) is torturous. I have no idea why there was always such a long wait.

Breakfast can only be described as a zoo. Easily the most disorganised dining room I have ever seen anywhere. The selection of food is also not particularly good. The sadly limited selection of fruit and the impossibly long wait for an egg stand out as some of the biggest annoyances.

The internet (even on the cable provided in the room) was patchy and regularly dropped out. The organisation of taxis and cars in the morning nearly matched the chaos of breakfast and the staff appeared to have no idea what they were doing.

I would never stay at the Mulia again.

Room Tip: As high up as possible to minimize noise but expect painfully long waits for the elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank talltaff
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear talltaff,

We regret to read that your experience with the Hotel Mulia Senayan did not meet your expectations. We continuously strive for perfection on a daily basis, and always welcome feedback such as yours. Recently we were awarded Tripadvisor’s Certificate of Excellence 2014 for the third consecutive year due to our overwhelmingly positive guest reviews and ratings, but it would seem your experience did not match the majority. We hope you come back to Hotel MuliaSenayan, so that you may experience the hospitality, service and luxury that we are so well known for, and the reputation we have worked so hard to achieve.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have stayed in several different hotels in Jakarta but Mulia is definitely one of my favourites. The smell in the hotel lobby is so fresh. Would love to know what they use. Service and staff friendliness is first class. The staff at Edogin has got a memory of elephants as I'm shocked whenever I visit they remember me and also remember which tables I sit at at past visits and what I order for drinks!!! Their service was so good I left cash tips but they said to take it back as there's service charge already. The rooms are so comfortable and it's great to have meetings on the 38th floor. the only annoying thing is on my last visit I was told check in is at 1400hrs. This has never happened to me before at Mulia.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Eileen K
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear 3_Zoom,

Warmest greetings from Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta. We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with us.

We are happy to read that you consider Hotel Mulia Senayan to be one of your favorite hotels in Jakarta and that you especially enjoy dining at our Japanese Restaurant- Edogin. It is our goal to provide professional and exceptional services to our guests; therefore your recognition of our service standard serves as such a great encouragement to all of us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future where once again you may enjoy our warm hospitality.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is simply a first class hotel with fantastic staff who make every effort to make your stay easy and comfortable. Lost of choice for eating and live entertainment in the main bar/lounge area every night of the highest calibre.

Dear LarryLB,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are delighted to read that you thought our staff was fantastic and that you enjoyed both our high caliber entertainment at Cascade Lounge, as well as, our wide range of restaurants.