“Maintaining Standards”

Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta
Ranked #10 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Having traveled extensive in Southeast Asia, finding a hotel that maintains its room facities is a surprise and a joy. The Mulia in Jakarta is such a hotel. I actually look forward to my my next stay. The only downside is the slooooow frontdesk checkin. Could not figure out why it took so long to check in guests that have reservations. The inhouse bar club has a great live band. Just be wise and ask the floor managers if you get in over your head. Otherwise, it is one of the liveliest in town.

Room Tip: High floor much better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Foodom,

Thank you for spending your time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are happy to read that you look forward to your next stay with us, and our team warmly anticipates your return.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was here for 3 days and had a wonderful experience throughout the entire stay. Staff were friendly, courteous and very helpful. Wifi could be improved as I was getting disconnected during peak hours. Highly efficient A/C and the room service was great.

Dear JMLagapa,

Warmest greetings from Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta. We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with us. Additionally, we are glad to read that you have mentioned the staff was courteous and helpful.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we sincerely look forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great staff friendly and helpful at check in and for locating services, opulent decor - but classy
Large, very well appointed rooms and , at last, free wifi !!
Huge bed, very comfortable
Highly efficient air-con!!
Breakfast catered for all tastes - Chinese, Indian, Japanese and European
Possibly one of the best hotels I have stayed in ...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Colin S,

Thank you for your thoughtful review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely share your comments with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

It was deja vu when I arrived at this hotel this afternoon. Everything looked and felt the same because I was here at this grand hotel 15 years ago.

The top-notch service and sincere greetings by every staff are still there, and the room is still as grand as ever. For the nightly rates, this is definitely a fantastic hotel with very good value for money. One thing I have noticed is the change to meet the digital world, with tablets and wifi.

The room is grand with oriental decor. It was very spacious, very clean, and immaculately arranged for the comfort of the guest. The bathroom is very spacious too, and amenities were adequate. One thing I liked was they have left plenty of complementary bottled mineral water. They did not skimp.

However, the furniture does show its age with one of the drawers broken down.

The hotel offers free wi-fi (although very slow), complementary breakfast and also 2 pieces of laundry services. That was good because I have planned to hit the gym all this week.

If you plan to connect to the Internet, use the network cable because the wi-fi is horrendously slow and service is intermittent.

So all in all, I am quite pleased.

Dear Chin-Fah,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

Our staff train tirelessly to maintain our standards
and we are very happy to read that you found our service impeccable which is something that we as managers can control.

We look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is my first time for this hotel. The most impression is the security check before entering the hotel. Then, the nice welcome from the hotel staff. The check-in and check-out process is very efficient. The room is very clean and the bed,pillows,and blanket are so comfort. The food outlets are good and in varieties. I am sure that this be my place to stay in Jakarta.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear PimjaiL,

Thank you for your review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta. We truly value the opinions of our guests and are very happy that you found our staff so helpful and professional.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

If you find yourself having to be in Jakarta, this hotel is an excellent choice. Service is truly first class, from scheduling to pick you up at the airport to many choices on dining. I actually ate every meal while there. There is buffet ( their breakfast is tops) , Italian, Asian etc... The pool which is up a few floors is also a nice spot. There must be one attendant for every couple of guests. Beautifully decorated and maintained. My only suggestion if you'd like to sleep past 4 am, get a room facing the street - Not one like I had in the back side facing a mosque. It wasn't terrible but I am not used to chatting that early.

Room Tip: get a room facing the street in front up high.

Dear aviationguy,

Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay here at the Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We appreciate your comments about the hotel’s facilities and services and are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for a business trip. Clean and comfortable room, nice staffs with smile. High quality breakfast. One downside is the Japanese restaurant in the hotel, both food quality and service not up to standard, especially the female waitress in the restaurant. Keep chasing me to order, and after waited 15-20 minutes for my dessert I asked to cancel it but the waitress comes with a casual " already making it". Another 5 minutes passed the dessert finally came I need to pack it away yet when I went up to my room and the ice-cream is not in the take-out box, only part of my dessert has been packed.

The Orient8 ( or Table8 I can't remember exactly but it's beside the Japanese restaurant) is muc better.

In general I recommend this hotel with the smiling staffs and with the standard sized swimming pool.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Traveller2013_new,

Warmest greetings from Hotel Mulia Senayan.

Thank you for the feedback we received from your recent stay with us. Please rest assured that we will do our best so that the Hotel, its facilities and services will meet or even exceed your expectations on your next stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,