“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Zagreb, Croatia
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is a very good hotel, overall I was quite happy with it.
Stayed here for a week. The staff were very helpful - except for when I arrived, had to lift up my heavy suitcase onto the xray scanner, and then remove it - nobody there to help me.
The room was nice.
The biggest problem I had was the extremely cold air conditioning. The second day I was there I got a cold from the air con. I set it to 28°C in my room, but it must have still been 17°C. As soon as you leave the room, the air con goes onto the coldest setting and makes your room feel like a fridge. Of course, outside it's 35°C and humid, so my body couldn't handle the huge temperature changes and I got a cold. Because of this, I'm giving it only 4 stars, since their air con system is so hard to control and make the room a normal temperature of maybe 21-23°C.

Breakfast was good, there is a wide selection of Asian food, but it gets a bit boring after some time. The pool outside was quite nice. Didn't really leave the hotel, I preferred to stay in the hotel instead of going around Jakarta, since there isn't really anything interesting to see in Jakarta.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear onlypod,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta service and facilities.

We are delighted that you have overall enjoyed the stay. With regard to the air conditioning in your room, your comments have been passed on to the relevant department for further action.

We look forward to welcome you back again in the very near future.

With best regards
The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Mulia is a beautiful hotel. The staff were fantastic and the facilities top class. The rooms were some of the most comfortable I have had the pleasure of staying in with space to spare. I would find it difficult to find anything to complain about the Mulia and recommend it to anyone wanting a great place to stay in Jakarta.

Dear ChrisKayH,

Thank you for your review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta. We truly value the opinions of our guests and are very happy that you found our staff so helpful and professional.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was in Jakarta for 5 days and stayed at the Mulia throughout. It was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. THe service, food, ambience and people, were all excellent. Loved the CJs bar where live bands play music every night. Their laundry and room service is excellent as well. Taxis are readily available at the hotel entrance. THe staff was very very helpful. I would definitely want to stay here again when I visit Jakarta.

Room Tip: Try to take rooms at lower floors, or you may spend a long time in the elevator :)
1 Thank ashu_tashu1982
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear ashu_tashu1982,

We are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the positive remarks about our service and facilities.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future

Benfleet, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great staff, great restaurants, and very good sized rooms. I do note that they are no longer using complimentary Bulgari goodies in the bathroom, that used to be a big treat. Plenty of staff on hand when checking out too.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Morgan_from_Essex,

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights as part of a work trip.
I had meetings nearby so the location suited my needs however its not near much except for the sports stadium and the Senayan shopping malls. You still need taxis to get there though but that seems to be the case for everything in Jakarta.
The rooms are very comfortable, huge baths and great showers.
There was also a great selection of restaurants and the service is great. Wifi is available however you need to pay and its quite slow.
Breakfast was good and had a great selection. The gym also looked good and had classes for guests. The spa also offers massages and treatments.
The pool area was my favourite but that's because their air conditioning was incredibly cold throughout the hotel and it was nice to sit outside. I got the feeling the air conditioning was managed centrally as I couldn't fix it from the controls in the room.
FYI - I got a late check out for 1:30pm and you can order cabs to the airport and have them put on your hotel bill which is very handy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up overlooking the pool. I had a view on the other side of the golf club next do...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear JMacL0nd0n,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful review on Hotel Mulia Senayan Jakarta. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

With best regards
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

As you know, there was bomb incidient in Jakarta before
and Mulia is known to be safer place to stay than other foreign chains- since hotel Mulia is local based accomodation.

Even comparing to other luxurious global branded hotels, Mulia is the one of the best hotel I have stayed so far. Dazzling interior (but not tacky), abundant fresh& enjoyable food and comfortable room make you to forget that you are in the middle of hectic Jakarta. Also one 'Indian Night' in the hotel restaurant, I tasted gourmet Indian cuisine that I can give two thumbs up.

Outdoor swimming pool is large enough to play and hotel staffs are customer-minded.
Nothing to complaint!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Eun Sil N,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

Our staff train tirelessly to maintain our standards and we are very happy to read that you found our service impeccable.

We look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I travelled to Jakarta for the first time by myself on business. The hotel met all my expectations, the facilities were excellent, the room was great and the service was great. I would recommend it if you are looking for a central, secure up market hotel.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in one room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Anthony T,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We appreciate your comments about the hotel’s facilities and services and are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,