“Home away from home”

Ranked #15 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Bali, Indonesia
“Home away from home”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed at Mulia Jakarta twice 1st stay was in July and my 2nd stay August 8 – 11 2013. Front office team, for me, is always great and cheerful with their big smile and very helpful.
My experience staying at Mulia Signature, the room was beautiful and the view was amazing. I would like to thank Ms. Susi ( Duty Manager ), Mr. Patrick ( Hotel Ref at Airport ), Mr. Febi ( Bellman ) he always smiles and very helpful, Mr. Besar and Mr. Erith ( Security Team ). I must say Mulia Hotel Jakarta has The Best Security Team in Indonesia.
The food at IL Mare Restaurant was excellent. Bravo to Chef Roberto and all the waiters especially Anto and Tomy, thank you for the great hospitality.
Cascade Lounge is a great place to read a book or just to sit and enjoy the beautiful pond with its big fish.
I love traveling, either alone or with family ……Mulia Hotel Jakarta is the best Hotel to stay for business or leisure.
Thank you to all Mulia Hotel Jakarta Team for making my stay always memorable.
Keep up the good service. God Bless you all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank agi j

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed in Mulia for a week in June while attending a business workshop. Normally, when travelling alone, it takes me at least 1 day to adjust to the room ambience for a good night's sleep. But given the comfortable room and bed, it was a good night's sleep from night 1 for me. Amenities were adequate and great dining. Pork is served in every restaurant to my surprise. Morning breakfast had a vast array of food on the buffet line. It was more like a dinner buffet line. I had also visited the SPA and had a 60 minutes massage. It was pure bliss especially after having sat thru' the workshop for an entire day. Overall, great experience for business travel. However, if you are travelling on vacation, this may not be the place to be given that its quite a distance away from shopping malls. Walking was a tad too far for me.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Alvinl01
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The atrium of the hotel was a welcome sight with very helpful concierge and check-in. Well maintained rooms with nice quality of towels and bed. My room had a good view of the city, which I liked. I like st staff who are very communicative and help to meet the needs, by listening nicely and confirming the same. The breakfast time was always very busy, and do not know the reason why, but does not hamper service. Te location is quite good and can beat the traffic in many directions, though not for all times of the day.

Recommended for many trips especially if needed for hassle free stay and travel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank its_anand
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear its_anand,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent visit.

It is our goal to provide professional and exceptional services to our guests; therefore, your recognition of our service standard serves as a great encouragement to all of us.
Thank you once again and we look forward to serving you in the near future!

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed 3 nights from 8-11 August 2013 in two rooms with connecting doors. There were my parents in first room and 1 adult + 2 children in second room. My mom (75 years old) just had a heart operation in Singapore a week before and when she got home, it was a long Idul Fitri (Eid Mubarak) holiday in Jakarta, so there were no maids at home. My mom still need to have a rest so we decided to stay in Mulia Hotel because it was a very nice hotel and easy reached from our home. But we are very disappointed about these matters:

1. From the gates, the "not well trained" security staffs checked our car, we had to open or car machine, truck, drawer, all doors, and they also took a peak to the car's carpet. I bet if I brought something suspicious such a bomb, they would not find it if they just took a peak like that. In the hotel's door, they also opened our suitcase and took a peak without knowing what to find. I mean, if the hotel's management want to have a very secure hotel, please train the staff well, not just take a peak and find nothing

2. On Idul Fitri day, my sisters came with their families to visit my parents but unexpectedly, the security staff called our room and wanted to be informed how many persons in the rooms right now, who they were and what the purpose was. This staff said that the total persons in the rooms were over capacity. Come on......... That was LEBARAN's DAY, when daughters should visit their parents......the security can watch us from their CCTV, that they only visited my parents, not staying.... why should my sisters and their families stay in the hotel room without any beds available meanwhile they have houses nearby

2. On the Second Idul Fitri day, the exact problem as yesterday also happened, but this time, besides the call, the security staff came to my parents room and met my father, (at that time we were away) and said we were over capacity and its better to have another room. After this annoying disturbing, My father had hypertension attacked and he felt that it was VERY UNCOMFORTABLE to stay in Mulia hotel and decided to leave the hotel soon although we already paid for three nights. Luckily one of us is a doctor, so we helped our father with his hypertension and my husband also called the Guest relation officer to tell the security not to disturb us anymore or we are going talk about these matters of Mulia Hotel in Kompas

3. Unlike many hotels, we are not allowed to take any pictures anytime anywhere, it is written in front of the restaurants.

4. I also read that the baby strollers are not allowed to get into the restaurant. OMG...... have you ever had a baby?

How can we have a good memory about Mulia Hotel, then?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Malang
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed many times at the Mulia, large rooms, kind personnell, nice pool however there is limited place for jogging (limited jogging track) and the Room make up sometimes overlooked of the corner / hidden areas.

There was promised to get souvenir at the 5th stayed but the promised does not happening. Does it just lip service?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AgungPDS,

Warmest greetings from Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta. We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with us.

We would be most grateful if you could email us at frontoffice@hotelmulia.com in order for us to investigate this matter, as we are unable to establish your identity from the Tripadvisor avatar.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Pune, India
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is 5th time I am staying and Hotel Mulia. I used like this hotel very much but it was different this time.

1) The service level has dropped

2)The room service takes too much time and is expensive

3) The breakfast service is slow

For the fact that the prices have been hiked the service has detoriated

Not value for money

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KruthiBangalore
Lampung, Indonesia
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stay here quite often for business or leisure. I love the location, close to my favourite malls in Jakarta - Plaza Senayan and Senayan City where you can find a lot of great restaurants and cafes. I love the grand feeling of the lobby and the details in the interior design, lots of fresh flowers. Some un-refurbished rooms feel a bit outdated, but the refurbished rooms are really nice. I love the breakfast, lots of varieties and i love the restaurants in the hotel. Service is excellent. 5-star hotel experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Irinne L,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta and taking time to share a review with us. We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our facilities and service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.