Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta
Kosenda Hotel(Jakarta)
$55
$46
2,280 results
All reviewsil marecascade loungefitness centergrand hotelexcellent hotelstar hotelbusiness triprooms are largejapanese restaurantbreakfast buffetthe executive loungebusiness hotelf bmeliaedogintable8cjs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2013

These are a few of my favourite things…..

I seem to have gone full circle now and back at the Mulia Senayan which was where I first heard of www.tripadvisor.com
When I return to a hotel that I’ve previously done a review, I don’t usually bother writing another unless there’s some compelling reason to do so as I have so many other things to do.
However, I noted many of the things that I like about this hotel and will make this the focus of this review and many other reviewers, including myself have waxed lyrical about it.
I’m thinking that when I retire, or maybe even before, I’m going to establish a website highlighting all the good things about hotels and all the not so good things in competition with tripadvisor! Haha! I’d better not say that too loudly or they may banish me into the wilderness!
Commencing this review, it’s safe to say that Jakarta is not one of my favourite cities, what with the abominable traffic jams, pollution, dust, dirt, holes in the streets and footpaths, safety issues etc, etc. So it is mainly for this reason that it’s a lot more important for me to stay in a hotel that can provide all my requirements in a safe and clean environment. In this stay, I was able to have all of my meetings inside the hotel and so didn’t need to step foot outside in five days.
Starting at the very beginning, as Julie Andrews would say, seeing we’re on a Sound of Music theme, I’d recommend any travellers to Jakarta to book a Silver Taxi or other transport through their hotel prior to arrival. If you don’t, even if you go to the Silver/Golden Taxi counter, you’ll be subjected to a sales pitch to upgrade to this or that service, choose between a fixed price or metered cab with varying prices and for me, even though I’m accustomed to it, it’s the last thing I need or want when arriving at an airport. If you arrange your hotel transport through your hotel first, you’ll also save some money as the hotel negotiated rates are cheaper. I stayed in another hotel in Jakarta previously where the hotel had someone meet me at the luggage collection area and assist me through into a limousine and to a waiting reception at the hotel, making me feel like royalty.
The title of this review says it all; these are a few of my favourite things that entice me to return to the Mulia. Generally, I prefer to stay with an international chain as the service and facilities are usually consistent but I have to say that the Mulia is an exception to that rule.
As many others have no doubt described before me, the hotel service and facilities are absolutely excellent and having access to the Executive Lounge is great for meetings and a break from emails and phone calls, so suffice to say, all that is great!
My favourite things in this hotel are:
• The very best and most comfortable dressing gown of any hotel I’ve stayed at and I probably stay at over 100 different hotels annually! One day when I don’t have far too much luggage, I’ll buy one of these but it’s so bulky that it’ll fill my complete suitcase!
• Bathroom scales that work (I guess the housekeepers check the batteries regularly) efficiently with large digital numbers that enable me to check the weight of my luggage accurately before going to the airport.
• A luxurious deep bath with excellent plumbing! I can’t overstate this, it’s pure bliss!
• The shower stall has strong jets coming out horizontally to, I assume, clean out your naval amongst other things. There’s also a tap at the bottom but I have no idea what this is for? Perhaps to wash your feet?
• A toilet usually only seen in Japan with a sensor lid that rises when you get close or even passing on your way to the shower with all those water jets for those who want to save loo paper!
• The very best hotel shopping bag that I’ve seen from any hotel and as above, that’s an extensive list! When I take this home, friends and family love it!
* Luxurious soft towels
• The single “could do better” are the slippers! Maybe it’s my feet or the way I walk but my feet soon slip through the loop in the slippers and so flip over when wearing them. Perhaps the hotel could consider slippers that have an enclosed toe at some time in the future? But just a minor thing and it’s probably subjective.

Hmm, most of these seem to focus around the bathroom?

OK, that’s it! These are a few of my favourite things…………..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RayC888
HotelMuliaSenayanJKT, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear RayC888,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta. It has been a great pleasure for the team to provide exceptional service and to create a memorable experience for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With best regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed a night for our 10 year wedding anniversary.
In the same suite type that we had 10 years ago when we had our wedding reception at this lovely hotel. The suite has been upgraded with even better amenities and facilities than when we were there 10 years ago. Bed large and so comfortable. The sauna shower pod in the bathroom and the neo-rest fully automated toilet seat was a very nice perk.

They hotel has been kept up and upgraded very well. Restaurants are hip, new, fresh and with excellent quality food. Breakfast buffet abundant and opulent. Many spots for excellent and beautiful photo taking.

Service excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelMuliaSenayanJKT, The Management at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear UmiSam,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta. We are delighted that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay – allow us to congratulate you on your 10th Wedding Anniversary. It has been a great pleasure for the team to provide exceptional service and to create a memorable experience for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Mulia Jakarta. It is a 6 start hotel. The service level is fantastic and the rooms are big. Dinner at the main dining hall was fantastic. The staff are very helpful and courteous. There is a disco club at the second floor that is free to hotel guest. However the band only starts playing at 10pm. We went down stairs to the main lounge for drinks and there was a good band playing there as well. I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear wanerbros,

Greetings from Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel and for sharing your wonderful experience. We truly appreciate your comments about our quality of product and service, which we will surely share with all our team of dedicated staff. We are also delighted that you have had the chance to explore our restaurants and enjoyed our chefs’ authentic creations at The Cafe.

Thank you once again, and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel is seriously large. It is new. It is stylish. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Great sized suites, the most comfortable hotel beds, great service, great buffet breakfasts, beautiful pool and surroundings, new tennis courts, superb bathroom (shower in particular).

I couldn't recommend any stronger.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jaimenandjohn,

We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the positive remarks about our service and facilities. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Mulia Senayan is a perfect hotel, especially when you are on a business trip. Great service, nice rooms and not to forget the culinary possibilities. The buffet in the Japanese restaurant is a must. The Italian is outrageous....Haven't tried the Chinese, but it is supposed to be fantastic. So, looking forward to go back to this place very soon!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear wanerbros,

Greetings from Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel and for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We truly appreciate your comments about our quality of product and service, which we will surely share with all our team of dedicated staff. We are also delighted that you have had the chance to explore the Italian Restaurant, Il Mare and the Japanese Restaurant, Edogin. The Chinese Restaurant, Table8 and the French and Pan-Asian Restaurant are the two other authentic restaurants that use seasonal ingredients, combined to make flavors come together in perfect harmony.