“Excellent service”

Ranked #13 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Maine
“Excellent service”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Mulia for 13 days while on a recent business trip and are very happy with my company's choice of lodging for us. I was a bit unsettled on arrival by the security at the front gate and at the entrance to the hotel but that quickly became part of the daily routine. The staff is amazing - greeting each guest with a big smile, holding doors, carrying my laptop bag. I felt like an honored guest. Our room was wonderful - spacious and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable. My only complaint is that my curling iron would not work in the bathroom. Someone from engineering came to look at it and said there was nothing they could do. So I had to plug it in at the outlet by the desk and do my hair in front of the mirror there. Quite inconvenient but a minor detail considering all that was right with this hotel. We ate in all but one of the restaurants and they were all excellent. We also ordered room service several times and were impressed with the speed of delivery and the presentation. A tip - take the executive upgrade. For a $45 per day upcharge, you get access to the executive lounge on the 38th floor which includes daily breakfast, coffee/tea all day, Happy Hour each night [which included enough food choices to call it dinner] and a small conference room that can be reserved in two hours blocks that came in handy for my group one morning. In addition, the executive upgrade entitles you to free internet in your room (around $12 per day as I recall) and complimentary laundry service for two pieces of laundry each day. Considering that the hotel charges around $6 to launder a pair of socks, the upgrade really made sense for us.
I highly recommend this hotel when visiting Jakarta.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor to cut down the street noise.
1 Thank Pamela G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed May 14, 2012

4 really good restaurants, very helpful staff, good swimming pool, free wireless internet and cool bar. the only less positive thing is the bar filled with working ladies if you know what I mean. At least it could be a bit more discrete...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank DoCamandro
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The hotel has flair - great responsive staff, great facilities, great restaurants. Room was comfortable, spacious.
This was my second visit to the Mulia, on the past visit, myself & a compatriate found it too perfect, so we initiated a quest to search for faults. We struggled & I am sure others will also struggle, & find this a very satisfying hotel. In fact, because their prices were so reasonable, I struggle to believe there could be another hotel anywhere, with such high quality for such a reasonable price.
On this second trip I again looked for shortfalls, and all I could find was air conditioning that was too cold (I turned it off & all was good), and the rooms were beginning to age (we had full size TV's rather than Flat Screens, but because the rooms were large, it did not matter much, old style decore).
I already chose to stay a second time in the Hotel ... and when visiting our offices in Jakarta, I will insist on the Mulia Hotel.

Room Tip: My room was large & comfortable .... in Jakarta the views don't matter. Noise was not an i...
1 Thank Gary-L8
Barcelona
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This 5 star hotel is really 5 star. Location, security, ambience, gym, pool, restaurants etc., are all top quality. They had so many restaurants to choose from and Il Mare is particularly good. I'm usually picky and find a fault but definitely can recommend whether you are on business or on holiday with family.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room
1 Thank shininghero
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I stayed here on business for a few days in Feb 2012. Great central location, large rooms which are clean and well kept. The food in all the outlets is excellent as are the staff who will go out of their way t make your stay comfortable. I will stay here next time i return to Jakarta.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew E
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have to say that this hotel puts customer service to a different level. EVERYONE is smiling and extremely helpful. housekeeping staff addresses the guest with their last names same thing at the breakfast buffet.

i would definetly recommend this hotel if your visiting jakarta. its got it all ...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ahmad R
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Generally good value for money. Hub position, faultless and quick check-in, complimentary 1 hour massage, reasonably priced foods at Orient 8 and abundant flavors at The Cafe, comfy room. Weren't willing to back home
Nearby, there are many places to explore: shopping, souvenirs, food and bar. Everything is in quick walking distance. If I have a chance to come back here, I would choose this hotel

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple