“friend staff,tasty breakfast...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travellers Hotel Jakarta

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Travellers Hotel Jakarta
Ranked #88 of 318 Jakarta B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“friend staff,tasty breakfast...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

i stay here for 2 nite with my hubby n 2 kids.overall the hotel is ok.but i dont like where the hotel is located.at nite,we do not dare take a walk with our kids in the street as the area outside make us feel unsafe.so we just order dinner from room service.
the staffs r really helpful and friendly..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
4 Thank hassbeevi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first
Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

Don't let the freshly painted pastel pink and baby blue exterior fool you: this hotel is old. Having said that, its not as bad as one would expect. It used to be Quality (proper noun, not adjective) Hotel. Let's see if the new owners can shake this old girl up.

The hotel is located just off the main strip, which is not a bad thing. It is away from the hustle and bustle, but still accessible by foot. The awkwardly narrow driveway leads up to a humble lobby, but the staff is helpful, efficient and cheerful. Once you check in, you get a little slip of paper listing the password for their wifi for each floor. Horray for free Internet!

The only room available to me was on a smoking floor - not good. when the lift door opened, the smell in the corridor was unmistakable, but thankfully not strong. I almost fell to my knees in gratitude when I entered the room. Not a whiff of cigarette! The bathroom, the carpet, the sheets seemed virgin to nicotine and tar!

The room is sufficiently big for a deluxe (cheapest possible): no space for a ping pong table, but you could certainly have a foosball table in there. The king size bed was very good, I suspect a brand new mattress. The sheets and pillow were great too.

As with most old hotels, there are very few power points available. I guess back in the old days, you didn't have a laptop. iPad, mobile phone, digital camera and MP3 player to recharge!

The bathroom was old school style, with marbled walls. Strangely enough, the squeaky taps lessened the impersonal and detached feeling I get with most new hotel rooms. Calming. Oh, and I can forget the shower. With the force of a fire hydrant, it will (almost) blow you away.

On my second day, I returned to the room to find a small box of chocolate cookies. Very tasty and fresh. Almost as good as those from Famous Amos, nice touch!

The breakfast is not a luxurious spread, but very good for a hotel of this level. The food was not oily or over salted. It was not gourmet, but good enough to keep me happy. I had breakfast there on three mornings. It was evident that someone had put in the effort and thought to rotate and try to keeps it interesting enough.

I was very surprised to learn that there was a gym. You need to take the lift all the way up to 9th floor, and walk up to he 10th. The gym is obviously an untouched vestige of Quality Hotel. Don't bother with the barely functioning cardio equipment, but to be fair, the other machines were is working order. There range of equipment was more than enough for a workout which excludes extensive cardio. My advice: walk up the stairs from ground floor. If you feel awkward to go through the lobby in your gym clothes, take the left elevator which has two doors. When it reaches ground floor, the front door opens up to the lobby, and the back door opens up to the service area where the stairwell is.

A big letdown was the Internet. You could connect to the wifi easily enough, but connection to the Internet was very almost non-existent. Pinging their gateway returned more than 95% packet loss. I suspect their bandwidth was so low than an almost capacity occupancy just plain overloaded their gateway.

Another issue was that there was a small leak from the ceiling, either from the aircon or the bath above my room. It lasted about 10 minutes, where about half a cup of water dripped down the cupboard door.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Burrd
Selangor
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was the 2nd time I checked-in Traveler’s Hotel Jakarta. The hotel is located near Mangga Dua Square, at Jl Pangeran Jayakarta and a bit unknown to many taxi drivers; and in our case, we have to guide the drivers to the hotel, every time.. The room we stayed is decent size, clean and the bed is comfy, but the tv is rather old. Please make sure that you request a ‘non smoking’ room if you’re not a smoker. Due to the location, I’d say, it’s quite privacy. They have a good array of food for breakfast as well.

However, the 2nd time we were there, we had a room with air cond not working properly. We did call the receptionist who sent a staff to look into the matter, but the air cond still didn’t work out right. We don’t want to argue so we had to sleep in the ‘warm’ room, luckily it was just a night only. The next morning when I flip open the quilt, I saw a blood stain (not mine) on it, eeeewwwwww!!! I filled in a complain form and yet to get any feedback from the hotel.

I might stay again at Traveller’s Hotel because I quite like the location. But I seriously hope it doesn't go downhill after several years because it seems like the hotel didn’t have a good maintenance practice over the years.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NJQistina
Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

My husband and I was in Traveller Hotel Jakarta for 5 nights in total.
The welcome was fine; upon reaching the room, it was rather disappointing, as the room was rather old, and most of all, smelt of cigarettes. Very strong smell. Perhaps the carpets have not been treated lately?

Exchange rates in this hotel is very poor, Novotel which ranks as a better hotel had more competitive rates.

Billing was a headache with the reception, they were very insistent on following their hotel policies of not listing the hotel room price as we had purchased the rooms from a travel website. This was really inconvenient for us, as we have company compliances with regards to claims, etc. They were not entirely helpful.

Food was not convenient as we had to travel elsewhere by cab for a meal.

Overall, the stay was fair, but not outstanding.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business