“Great for business trips”

The Park Lane Jakarta
Ranked #31 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The staff we warm and friendly. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The facilities were in great condition and the restaurants served delicious, top quality food. Breakfast buffet had a diverse spectrum of food options. The staff were very helpful!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Ms. Wrede,

I was pleased to read the comments you posted online following your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I’m glad you enjoyed our room and facilities.

Your kind comments regarding our staff are really appreciated.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We decided to spend a night her for our 1st anniversary, we told them when we booked the room & a table at their resto The Stix. Checking in/out was quick & they have luggage room for when you arrive early or leave bags after checking out to go to Kota Kasablanka (a mall 5-min walk away).

The hotel room was nice and we got a window with city view. Huge room, nice bathroom too. But I just cant stop feeling like I had a flash back checking in to a 5-star hotel in the 80s-90s... Major upgrade is needed, considering they still boast as a 5-star they might have been.
I guess if you're on a business trip, this hotel will do... But def not for a romantic anniv celebration in the city.

Riva Restaurant was still under renovation when we were there and The Stix will have to do. Again, we booked and told them it is for our anniv celebration... But when we arrived, the place is full of staff (8-10 of them) and only 3-4 guests dining!! Then, no tables reserved for us (as no need I guess) and wherever you seat you will get no widow as it is located in the basement. No acknowledgement from staff abt our booking (maybe they dont care as much considering it is a quiet Saturday night), and forget abt warm congratulations from any staff in the room.
The food was great, luckily. The service was good but not personal at all!!!! Later that night I found out that the place is shutting down in late March. No wonder.

The only friendly staff is the FOH and the management can really re-train other staff on basic customer service.

I would choose a newer hotel with lower star class for the price they charge at this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank l4y_low
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

While certain aspects of your recent stay met your expectations, obviously the overall intention to enjoy an Anniversary celebration did not.

For that I apologize and appreciate you bringing your comments to my attention via Tripadvisor have been taken up with the relevant departments for further action.

STIX has actually been closed in order to convert to more Banquet meeting space that we are in need of.

Riva has just re-opened after an extensive renovation, part of which has been to create large windows that face the newly renovated pool area.

As a gesture of concern, I would be more than happy to “re-create” your anniversary dinner in Riva with our compliments. My email address is gm@parklanejakarta.com and I look forward to you making contact so we can establish a suitable date for you and your partner to dine.
My apologies once again.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The Park Lane Jakarta, stayed here regularly during 2013, very nice hotel rooms very nicely laid out, desk with proper office seat, very modern furniture, layout dark wood effect.
Bathrooms very big, clean and lovely.
Bed most important comfortable and pleasure sleeping in.
The hotel has a very good restaraunt i found the breakfasts not so good but room service meals very very good and the food very tasty and fresh, one of the best room service menues i have eaten.
Hotel staff very friendly, security at the front door good and again friendly towards everyone.
Situated closely to the Casablanca Mall good for a walk aroung coffee general shopping, it is a very large mall plenty of shops.
The hotel is right next door to graveyard so seems a bit strange but not much else around so need to jump in a taxi if you want to go to other shopping or Malls. Traffic horrendus but this is normal for Jakarta.
So in brief nice hotel worth a stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view to the pool quieter from the road side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Sir,

I was pleased to read the comments you posted online following your stay in last November at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I really appreciate your support for the past year and your kind comment regarding our staff. Rest assured this will be passed on to them.

I’m glad that we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Park Lane Hotel is a very enjoyable place to stay while in Jakarta. The relaxed and friendly atmosphere throughout the hotel is such a breath of fresh air compared to the busy, noisy streets of Jakarta that are so close by.
The facilites are first class, everywhere is always spotless and the staff could not be more friendly or helpful. The food, drink and service in the restuarants and bar is fantastic with a wide range to choose from and their steaks in particular are definitely worth a try.
I have stayed at the park lane, 6 or 7 times in the last couple of years for business trips and have no reason to think about staying anywhere else upon my next visit to Jakarta.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms are quiet and peaceful and give you sunlight first thing in the morning into the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

I was pleased to read the comments you posted online following your stay in March at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and really appreciate your kind comments regarding service level of our staff. Rest assured this will be passed on to them.

Your support as our loyal customer is really valued and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have been visiting the Park Lane a couple of times a year for around 10 years and I have always enjoyed the stay. The food is good with a choice of a good buffet restaurant, a French restaurant (prohibitively expensive though) and underground music venue/grill type food and nightclub type bar. I used to stay in the Shangri La but that became very expensive and the Park Lane seemed very good value at the time. However, on my most recent visit I would say that the rooms and corridors are starting to smell a little musty, maybe it is time for a makeover. Also, the room rate has increased and now not so much cheaper than other more modern high quality hotels. So, I will be checking competitors' room rates more carefully on my next rip in a few months. One thing however, the Australian rib eye steak with black pepper sauce that I had in the bar last week was one of the best steaks I have eaten!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Afar from a hustle the bustle of Jakarta, Park Lane Hotel still remains a hidden gems for a quite long time... Maybe the name itself doesnt stand out like any 5-star international chain hotels around but they keeps maintaining the quality and the service for their guests...

With a newly renovated rooms and other parts of the hotel, it feels fresh with a bit of classic old touch. The room is quite large for a deluxe room with a grand work desk in the corner... The window overlooking to the oasis pool amidst with high rise building surroundings.

The breakfast provides an array of irresistible food... ahh felt so full n stuffed with a happy tummy... The service was excellent too. They were quick, care, and keeping up the pace with a warm smile n response

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Sir,

I was pleased to read the comments you posted online following your stay in January at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I’m glad you enjoyed our new renovated room and your kind comments regarding our staff are really appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Amazing suites. Excellent food. Best cover band in Indonesia with 8 members and three top female vocalists. Guitarists, bass player, drummer and keyboardist all tops. Playing American and Indonesian Classic Rock hits along with today's top 40. My highest recommendation. The bank in the Stix lounge alone was worth the price of the hotel after a long business day (Sweet Child of Mine and the cover songs by Adele really showed off the range of talent of this outstanding band).

Room Tip: Try the king bed suite vs the two doubles. Worth the extra. Definitely hit the basement lounge dis...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Sir,

I read with interest the comments you posted online following your stay in February at The Park Lane Jakarta.

We do appreciate your support and are glad you enjoyed your time especially in Stix and your good comments for the band are really appreciated.