“Liked the stay ”

The Park Lane Jakarta
Ranked #33 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for the 1st time and for 4 nights. I had nothing to complain. Not all is perfect as the hotel seems to have come to age and it is documented by some ongoing renovation works. Lobby is full of kitchen smell from the restaurant below. But this all gives this hotel it's particular charm. Rooms are spacious, everything worked, bed and pillows are comfortable, AC was quiet, Internet included. I also liked the food, excellent steaks at the bar. Pool area is inviting, too. Most worth to mention - and this for me makes the difference anywhere I go - was the friendliness of the hotel's personnel. I will certainly return.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the feedback from your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I have passed on your comment regarding our lobby that has a scent of kitchen odor from the Restaurant below to our Chief Engineer for further action. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention and I apologize for any inconvenience experienced.

I do appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff as this is such an important element. Rest assured this will be passed on to them.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Efficient airport pick-up, security, business center and wi-fi service- made my business stay very smooth and pleasurable. Staff was kind and English-speaking as well. Seemed to be chosen by a vast spectrum of clientele, western, oriental to local. Located in a convenient location- J. Casablanca provides good access to most destinations in central Jakarta. Meals were nice, an amalgamation of local, regional and western cuisine.

Room Tip: Rooms are big- maybe not facing the main road has a better view of the cityscape.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the feedback from your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I read with interest the comments you posted online following your stay in December at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and your kind comments regarding our staff are really appreciated.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in a good location. The lighting in the rooms is superb, so it's a great hotel for writing reports, reading documents, etc. in the evening. The rooms are big, clean and well-maintained. The staff are great. Also, there's a really good selection of food at breakfast/evening time. The hotel is very near the Casablanca mall and it's possible to walk there in under 10 minutes without crossing roads, etc. which is great for a congested city like Jakarta. I would stay here again - they also offer a pick-up to/from the airport, which is useful.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a very nice and clean hotel, a bit costly but possible for big group like meetings or workshop. The food was good and tea break was plenty, however, a little tranditional snack should be added to the coffee break. This will make the trip a very pleasant one with some taste of nice Indenesian snacks which are unique.
The location is perfect, as it is between a nuce shopping mall with restaurants to try. however, if you are very fond of Chinese seafood in Indonesia, you need to gonore than 30 minutes by car to have one. The ones near hotel were not as fantastics. Chiana town will be too far to reach theough heavy traffic of Jakarta.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2013

It is several years since I stayed at this hotel and the intervening have not been very kind to this hotel. It is in need of reservation, some being done, too little too late!!!
I stayed in a club room (very nice room) and so used the executive lounge, i was disappointed with the attitude and helpfulness of the staff there.
Also the breakfast was very disappointing and did not compare well to the breakfast available in the main restaurant, I had one breakfast in each to compare.
For the prie range it does not compare well with the competition!!!

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the feedback you posted on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta.

Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced in our service at the Premier Club floor Lounge. I have discussed this up with our Guest Service Manager but if you do have a moment to provide me with more specific details if would certainly assist with helping us to improve.

Space limitations for the Premier Club Lounge breakfast set up preclude having such an extensive choice as in the Café One however, Premier Club guests do have the option to take breakfast there if they wish.

I appreciate your comment regarding the guest room itself. Service though, also needs to match and we hope you might let us have the opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next visit as your support is certainly valued.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 21, 2013

The room I have now feels like a comfy studio apartment which I absolutely love. Big spacious bathroom and a big closet to put all my clothes and luggage. It's near to Kota Kasablanka (a couple of minutes walking wouldnt kill you). I stayed here for a month.
This is the kind of room that I want to make for my studio apartment.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the Casablanca street. Im not keen to look out to the graveyard though ( I'm...
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Every member of staff from the doormen to the chefs was friendly and helpful. Any request was met with a smile and immediate effective response. Dlighted with the stay. The hotel is what one would expect from any international hotel of this class. Personally I would have liked some local, Indonesian cultural touches but it was clean, comfortable, provided anything and everything you might need and everything worked. We stayed he because we thought it was convenient to the antique market, 30 mins by taxi... That's about as convenient as anything gets in Jakarta's traffic, there are some malls nearby, which seems to be true of most hotels in this city. I would definitely be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Sir,

I was pleased to read the comments you posted online following your stay in November at The Park Lane Jakarta.

Yours sincerely,