“Nice and clean almost perfect, if a little tranditional snack was added to the coffee break”

The Park Lane Jakarta
Ranked #31 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a very nice and clean hotel, a bit costly but possible for big group like meetings or workshop. The food was good and tea break was plenty, however, a little tranditional snack should be added to the coffee break. This will make the trip a very pleasant one with some taste of nice Indenesian snacks which are unique.
The location is perfect, as it is between a nuce shopping mall with restaurants to try. however, if you are very fond of Chinese seafood in Indonesia, you need to gonore than 30 minutes by car to have one. The ones near hotel were not as fantastics. Chiana town will be too far to reach theough heavy traffic of Jakarta.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013

It is several years since I stayed at this hotel and the intervening have not been very kind to this hotel. It is in need of reservation, some being done, too little too late!!!
I stayed in a club room (very nice room) and so used the executive lounge, i was disappointed with the attitude and helpfulness of the staff there.
Also the breakfast was very disappointing and did not compare well to the breakfast available in the main restaurant, I had one breakfast in each to compare.
For the prie range it does not compare well with the competition!!!

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the feedback you posted on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta.

Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced in our service at the Premier Club floor Lounge. I have discussed this up with our Guest Service Manager but if you do have a moment to provide me with more specific details if would certainly assist with helping us to improve.

Space limitations for the Premier Club Lounge breakfast set up preclude having such an extensive choice as in the Café One however, Premier Club guests do have the option to take breakfast there if they wish.

I appreciate your comment regarding the guest room itself. Service though, also needs to match and we hope you might let us have the opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next visit as your support is certainly valued.

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The room I have now feels like a comfy studio apartment which I absolutely love. Big spacious bathroom and a big closet to put all my clothes and luggage. It's near to Kota Kasablanka (a couple of minutes walking wouldnt kill you). I stayed here for a month.
This is the kind of room that I want to make for my studio apartment.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the Casablanca street. Im not keen to look out to the graveyard though ( I'm...
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Every member of staff from the doormen to the chefs was friendly and helpful. Any request was met with a smile and immediate effective response. Dlighted with the stay. The hotel is what one would expect from any international hotel of this class. Personally I would have liked some local, Indonesian cultural touches but it was clean, comfortable, provided anything and everything you might need and everything worked. We stayed he because we thought it was convenient to the antique market, 30 mins by taxi... That's about as convenient as anything gets in Jakarta's traffic, there are some malls nearby, which seems to be true of most hotels in this city. I would definitely be happy to stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Sir,

I was pleased to read the comments you posted online following your stay in November at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and your kind comments regarding our staff are really appreciated.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours Sincerely

Jaipur, India
Reviewed November 17, 2013

A centrally located Eco friendly 5 Star Hotel in the heart of Jakarta with good services and delicious Asian/Indonesian food. Don't try Indian food here, it's disaster...a airport pick up facility can be provided by Hotel on request or as per trip package... I give a thumbs up for it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Kataria

I read with interest the feedback you posted online following your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta.
I have passed on your comment regarding Indian food to our Executive Chef for further improvement. If you have a moment, some specifics sent to exec_chef@parklanejakarta.com would assist him improving.
Apart from this, I’m glad that we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Was here for my business trip. Usually upon checking in a hotel, you knock on a door before entering (some superstition), check how clean is the bathroom, jump on the bed, and proceed to open the curtains to enjoy the view.

I wish I had not done the last step, else I would have rated 5 stars. The location is more accessible to the SCBD area compared to staying in the north. Breakfast is great, staffs have good English and the room is spacious and clean. They also deserve the praise for their eco-friendly initiative.

The glitch is that the plot of land behind the hotel is a cemetery. It was a first for me to have an aerial view of a cemetery.

Would I return again? A strong yes, but without opening the curtains.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

I read with interest the comments you posted online following your stay in May at The Park Lane Jakarta.
Your comment regarding cemetery view is well noted. Whilst the room assignment is subject to availability, may I suggest you to mention your preference on your future bookings and we will make a note of it in your guest history.
Apart from this, I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Park Lane. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I should say, this is an extremely good hotel. The only reason I don't give it 5 points is there is so much competition in Jakarta, particularly among the five star ones, where the overall standards are so high.

This hotel is still undergoing some upgrading, which meant that the high-end restaurant on the ground floor was closed for renovation. The main lobby could do with some attention too, but my room was very well and tastefully upgraded already.

Staff are also extremely efficient. The last time I stayed here was 2005, but I was pleasantly surprised that they still had my details on check in. Level of attention was just right, which means everything I asked for got done, but I didn't really notice the staff. Just as it should be.

The location is convenient for the CBD. They are building a flyover accross the junction nearby, which as long as it doesn't get killed off by politics, should mean the constant traffic outside is alleviated.

It will be interesting to see what this place is like when the upgrade programme is complete. I will be back soon!

Room Tip: The upgraded rooms are very good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Chidlom
Dear Sir,

I was pleased to read the comments you posted online following your stay last month at The Park Lane Jakarta and glad that we were able to meet your expectations. For your information the lobby will be reviewed once the renovation of our Riva restaurant is completed.

Your support is certainly valued and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.