“Big, clean room”

Ranked #31 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Big, clean room”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Large rooms, large breakfast, when I was there the pool were under renovation ,nevertheless this is a good hotel with walking distance to a large mall but beware, like any other hotel in Jakarta you will stumble into a chaotic traffic just as soon as you passed the hotel gate

1 Thank sayangku

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed at the Park Lane in Jakarta last night. I've stayed here several times and I really like it. It was good this time but it is normally better. It runs about 1,000,000 Rp per night which is 1/3 the price of the Gran Melia, but also gives you free internet where the Gran Melia charges 100,000 Rp. The room was great and a nice view too. They mini bar was locked up and the biffy was a bit dirty, and that is a first. I had a 3 hour cab ride from the airport to the hotel which is nuts. It normally takes 45 minutes. Be sure that you book the cab at the airport counter. I used Silverbird and got a set rate of 278,000 Rp. On the meter that would have been "over the top"! The cabby obviously got lost because I saw some new scenery too. The Stix restaurant in the basement is open until 1 am and has live music every night. The band is awesome. They take requests too. If you don't mind lound music and really pretty singers, it's the place to go. I was feeling like a piggy and ordered the 400 gr Australian Black Angus tenderlion, rare. It was easily the best steak I have ever eaten, anywhere. I washed it down with several pints of guiness..The pool was closed for renovations, but I arrived too late because the the crazy cabbie "aga gila"..
I was tempted to give it a "3" but previous stays all ranked "4".

Room Tip: The pool and the fitness center close at 10:00. I had to lift Guiness to get my exercise. If you are...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here for a month in November 2012. Although the hotel wasn't "perfect in every way", it was certainly fully acceptable for an expatriate, and it offers very good value for the money.

I stayed in a 'Prestige Room' (these are on the 16th and 17th floors), which is actually a nicer room than the larger and more expensive 'Executive Rooms' lower down in the hotel. The Prestige Rooms have been recently renovated, the Executive rooms not.

The most significant benefit of the 'Prestige Rooms' and 'Executive Rooms' is access to the lounge on the 16th floor, which offers an excellent full breakfast (western and local) and a very generous evening meal service which can easily provide a full dinner. For travelers who are on a per diem, this is like discovering a gold mine - you don't need to spend a penny on breakfast, dinner, or alcoholic beverages when you have access to this lounge.

The hotel is certainly 4 star in terms of construction, amenities, and service, but suffers from occasional annoying oversights with respect to building maintenance. It is spotlessly clean, but water pressure from the showers is weak, the hot water can sometimes take a little while to arrive, and the toilets don't always flush everything down the hole on the first attempt. For $110 a night on half-board, though, I'm more than willing to put up with these minor nuisances. If I wanted perfection, I'd need to move to a 5 star hotel at $250 a night, and no free dinner and drinks.

The staff are extraordinarily courteous and polite, albeit sometimes not totally clued-in.

The hotel is located in a reasonably quiet part of town, adjacent to the Commonwealth War Cemetery. The cemetery occupants are quiet enough, but there is a mosque directly beside the hotel, and the caterwauling from the mosque 5 times a day is a nuisance. Choose your room carefully if you want a quiet room. Some rooms look out onto very quiet areas, some onto not so quiet areas.

The hotel is pretty much in the middle of no-where, but there is a very big and very new shopping mall (Kota Kasablanca) about a 4 minute walk down the street.

All in all, I was pretty happy with the place, and would certainly return in the future if I have to come back to Jakarta again.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor (17th floor), it is by far the quietest place.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Balikpapan, Indonesia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The receptionist was very kind I ask the room with pool view but due to deluxe room fully booked then she upgrade my room to premier on 17th floors. The buffet breakfast was variety of quality international food. A new shopping mall name kota cassablanka is just 3 minutes away from the hotel.

Room Tip: room with pool view better than city view
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay at this hotel for 2 nights. The service was good. The reception ask me which type of room that I want, the city view or pool view. So I picked the city view.
The room was quite big, with really comfort bed and dimmed lights.
Overall, I really enjoy my visit there, even though it costly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed October 8, 2012

All functional, comfortable rooms, excellent service. Breakfasts cater for all tastes, good fruit and juices and coffee. Supper buffet is excellent, fresh sushi and sashimi, variations on themes, good seafood - although a little pricy when compared to eating out at the multiple restaurants in the nearby new Kasablanca Mall - five minutes quite safe walk away. Good lounge and public meeting spaces for receiving and talking to people. The business centre will print and copy for you - tip: if doing multiple copies do not print these, photocopy per page is cheaper. The hotel is currently running a special upgrade package to the executive floor which has its own free supper and bar from 17h00 to 21h00 every night. Really good food and choice of drinks, and comfortable surroundings make the relatively small upgrade fee a fair bargain.

Room Tip: The rooms facing away from the road (Jalan Cassablanca) are slightly quieter - they do immediately o...
Singapore
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here on business in October and will now always stay here on my regular trips to Jakarta, I was pretty impressed. The hotel lobby is *slightly* dated but still makes for a pleasant entrance. The room however was great. I was staying on the Premier Floor on level 16. Room was really spacious with big very comfortable bed, is very nicely furnished and decorated. Huge bathroom (only minor point to pick was that in the shower/bath, its quite dark - they should fix a light above). All the usual amenities, all good quality and in good working order. The Premier Floor lounge again is nicely done and offers complimentary cocktails in the evening, dinner and beer until 11:30pm. Breakfast for Premier Floor guests is also served here. There isn't a huge spread, probably given the low numbers of guests on that floor at any one time, but I found it adequate. Staff are very professional, helpful and friendly. My only issue was that because I choose not to own a credit card, I only have two mastercard debit cards and they said that they couldn't take a deposit as they are 'unable' to refund whatever amount they'd need to give back to me when I check out. I found this quite surprising, I stay in a lot of hotels through the year, and I've never had an issue with this before (even in other hotels in Jakarta/Indonesia) - actually I almost never have an issue using a mastercard debit card at all, and I'm sure I've not heard of any merchant not being able to run a refund on to a debit card. Also, I wanted to book a private car and they wanted to take my phone number, but couldn't use my home mobile number as they can't dial internationally - I found this strange for a 5* business hotel. Luckily I do have an Indonesian mobile number too. Because they weren't able to hold a deposit on my card, they locked the minibar in my room and wouldn't let me sign for anything. This was quite annoying on my last night when I had a club sandwich room service (all of US$12) they made this big issue about me having to pay cash for it because I had no deposit (which in my view, wasn't really my fault). I pushed back on this and they did let me sign for it in the send instead of paying for it there and then. Given that the room is fully paid for before I checked in, and I was checking out the next morning, I thought it was bit petty to make an issue of it - I'm hardly going to run off and not pay for a sandwich! Anyway, overall I enjoyed my stay here, would happily stay here again and recommend to others - just bear in mind the debit card thing.

Room Tip: Stayed on the Premier Floor, would recommend it. Don't know what the regular rooms are like.