“A Splendid Stay”

Hotel Borobudur Jakarta
Ranked #33 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had a great 3 nights at this property and enjoyed the comforts of the property. Although a very old hotel(39 years) it still manages to look good though some upgrading will be good.
The room , an executive suite, was very comfortable on the 18th floor and had an OK view of the city. Bed was very comfortable as with the pillows. Housekeeping service was good as with turndown, though a bit more level of consistency would make it excellent.
The Club Lounge was good though there could be a bit more variety in breakfast items. Cocktails are well appreciated. Staff in the Lounge were all friendly and eager to serve. Keep it up.
Has a good range of restaurants. Had dinner at the Japanese outlet. Food was excellent as with service though the lighting could be reduced somewhat as it was too bright.Menu offered a good variety and not over priced. The service staff were all very attentive and professional.
Also had a dinner at the Cafe. The server MAria was very good, always with a smile and confident. Addressed this guest by name after noticing it when signing the bill. Some of the other staff must be more aware of tables needing service instead of just focussing on clearing their own tables. Other than that, all was good. Food - Chilli Crab - needs a bit of improvement though it may not exactly be the same as that in Singapore.
Security and Bell desk staff should be more guest oriented. Upon checkout, bell staff did not even offer to assist with bags even though they saw this guest walking out with two bags. This area needs to be improved.
Overall pleasant stay and will return.

Room Tip: Suggest paying a bit more and stay in Executive Club Rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had a great stay in this hotel. Food was good, rooms were nice, and the facilities were great. I especially like the art pieces in the hotel lobby. The service was really good, that they were able to attend my needs even late in the evening.

Anyway, we just had some problems during our check in, we waited for an hour just to get our rooms cleaned up... we arrived around 1:30 PM after a very early morning flight, and it would have been perfect if the rooms were ready once the guest arrive after 1 PM.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Really polite and attentive service. Very comfortable rooms. A few restaurants to choose from. Great breakfast and of course the famous oxtail soup.
It's in a nice area but I didn't get a chance to go for a walk. Highly recommended hotel. Left off 1 star because it could do with some modernising in places
It doesn't matter where you stay in Jakarta you'll always get stuck in traffic though! So leave plenty of time to get to the airport! Ok, just rambling now to get up to the required 200 characters

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last January for 2 nights on Premier Deluxe Room, I picked this hotel because it rated high on TripAdvisor, a 5 star hotel, and has a big garden view to relax. Hotel and room is nice, breakfast food is great, staff are friendly, but the services we requested from our room are very bad. Their services are very slow, they arrived > 1 hour from the time I call. Even I had to make a second call on 1 service, I thought they were forgetting. We requested bathroom services twice to check the bathroom because it smells stink on certain time. Another bad service is that my wife requested a hot water for drinking, it takes > 1 hour for the staff to arrive. When I checked out at the hotel reception, I have to wait > 45 mins on the line. Since there is no place for waiting queue, upcoming guests are just in a rush whenever they see an open receptionist. The staffs did not acknowledge me that I was waiting there longer than other guests coming and did not not acknowledge me to come to their section first than other guests. These are unacceptable for a 5 star hotel. The hotel should have a place for waiting queue.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JerryXu8
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Not a bad hotel and the only hotel I've stayed at in Jakarta so I don't have any other hotels in that city to compare it with. Staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive and the room was comfortable and clean. My biggest gripe is the level of trust afforded me as a guest whose room was paid for in advance. As I was part of a group the room was paid for in advance and we were checked in as a group. However, on the first night when I went to sign for a drink in the bar, I was refused on the grounds that they did not have a copy of my credit card details. So, in order to get a drink I was expected to go back up to my room and get my wallet and go back to reception and let them run the card through, then go back to the bar. I didn't bother. What am I going to do? Check out of a hotel on the other side of the planet from home, with the room paid for for three days - just to avoid paying for a drink? They would not give me a key to the mini bar, nor let me use the internet until I handed over my card. Surely it could have waited until the morning?? Anyway, it resulted in me spending less and dropping my rating here on Tripadvisor

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was totally unimpressed by this mediocre, and dated hotel. The staff were excellent, food was okay but the rooms were simply basic. I was on the top floor which is the executive floor but I was still unimpressed. There was no wifi which, in a business hotel, is simply inexcusable. I moved to the Kempinski, and boy is that a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

It's well located if you've got business at the US Embassy or a variety of Indonesian government agencies such as the Ministry of Trade. The grounds are lovely and the hotel itself is large and nice. Lots of restaurant options in the hotel, some of them quite good though I thought the main restaurant (don't know the name) is mostly nothing special. The rooms are large.

• Stayed: February 2013