Gran Melia Jakarta
Pomelotel(Jakarta)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,211 results
All reviewsred levelpremium roomjapanese restaurantbusiness tripgreat hotelbreakfast buffetkuningan areabusiness hotelroom was spacioustraffic jamluxury hotellobby areapleasant stayswimming poolyoshisecuritylounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2008

I stayed for 10 nights, and I've been staying in this hotel for about
20+ nights in this hotel ,for this year (2008) alone. I stay in this hotel, because my company has functions at this hotel , too. Despite those facts, not a single extra privileges was given to me (not even daily fruits.) They tried to serve me fruits while I need my privacy. That's the only time they tried to serve me. Strangely, they never serve fruits while I was away during the day. Not for my entire stay!
The room (altough I book for non-smoking room) smells smoky.
Even in the non-smoking floor I can still smell smoke.

Whey passing the hotel lobby, or having breakfast at the cafe (gran via), although I sat in the non-smoking area, I just couldn't escape the smoke.
TV in the room is small (21 inch) and still a very old type (not even a flat screen). There' s no comforter for bed, only blanket, layered with bedsheet. It's not the most comfy bed , especially if compared with bed in other hotels (e.g : the heavenly bed of Westin).
The check in staffs sometimes are not available immediately.I checked in on Sunday at around 2 pm, and there were only 1 staff assisting the guest. I had to wait for a while before another staff came.
Overall, it's much lower quality hotel, compared to other hotels within the same price range.
When I asked the front office on who's the manager, I was informed that they don't currently have a permanent one. I was told they're undergoing some changes in mgmt. The current one is an interim one. I just wonder whether this explains sthe situation I encountered. This hotel definitely needs urgent makeover!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank Lizzy_ku
Reviewed September 14, 2008

the quality of service is excellent is exceeding my expectation. The staff are extraordinary warm and full of smile. My best recomendation is Colvmbvs fine dining.. is so romantic.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2008

The Gran Melia in Jakarta Indonesia is unsurpassed for hospitality and accomodations. The room and bed were extraordinarily comfortable, and the bathroom was a six-star bathroom! The buffet was superb, and the staff extremely amiable and pleasant! Wonderful experience!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2008

You can receive great hospitality of this hotel and relaxed stay in Jakarta. Sophisticated staffs, adequately spacious and clean rooms etc...with reasonable price. There is no problem at all. If I have a chance to go to Jakarta, surely I will choose this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2007

Stayed here a week in Sep 07.
The security is high which is good, it's just too bad it has to be there to begin with.

Food are okay, that's if you stay out of the Japanese Restaurant. I read the post by the guy who got the food poisoning there and I thought well that wont happen to me. However I suffered the whole way home (30 hours) on the plane from the meal we had the last night there :(

To make it short, it supposed to be this grand, luxurius place but all in all it just pretty average.

Would I stay here again? Well got nothing to compare it to as this was my first trip to Jakarta, so maybe not?!

BTW the pool area is placed behind the big hotel which means you have to be more than lucky to get a tan here - not the brightest idea placing it there :)

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business