“Honeydew Hospitality”

Ranked #18 of 462 Hotels in Jakarta
Bandung, Indonesia
“Honeydew Hospitality”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This will be my second review of this hotel.

First, its appealing architecture with a sky dropping ceiling makes it a very unique lobby and gives a feeling of entering a star studded planetarium.

The rooms have recently been refurbished and look elegant. Quite well laid and good choice of upholstery.

The buffet at the restaurant has a very good spread with food laid out from India, Indonesia, China, Japan and Western.

Breakfast is good.

Service is excellent.

Room Service has a full page of Veggie selection. Try the Veg Lasagna for a change!.

Room Tip: Take the Front Facing Rooms. Other views are blocked.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Be assured the team at Gran Melia Jakarta will remain focused on service excellence.

Yours faithfully,

David G.A. Perry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vermont
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at the Gran Melia for 6 nights in late June. Overall, the experience was very positive. The rooms are large, comfortable and quiet. However, there is no wifi in the rooms, though the ethernet connection is fast.

The food at the breakfast buffet was good, if not great, as well. I had a business dinner at the Chinese restaurant. Very good service and decent food, though it was a bit on the pricey side.

Service was courteous and friendly, although check-in was a bit more cumbersome than it ought to be.

The location in the central business district is excellent. We actually walked to many of our meetings, enabling us to be on-time in spite of Jakarta's notorious traffic.

Overall, the Gran Melia is a very good value for a centrally-located business hotel. I will likely stay there again on future visits.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the feedback. Wi Fi is coming very soon. If however we have the pleasure of your company in the next few weeks please alert us so that we can arrange wi fi in your room – it takes about 5 minutes to action.
We will work harder to ensure that arrival experiences here at Gran Melia are delightful.
With that in mind, I remain,
Yours faithfully,

Kuala Kencana, Papua, Indonesia
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have stayed here some 3-4 years ago, and just returned last week. I have to say that I am impressed by the changes. Not sure to the extent of the renovation they are doing now, but it is a whole lot better from the time I stepped in the lobby. Stayed there for 6 nights.

Lobby: Wow. Some renovation is on-going but still.

Location: Central area. Bad News: Traffic jam. Good news: walking distance (<2 km) to some eating places like Kuningan City. My office is located 2.2 km from the hotel. On Friday after work, after waiting for 30 mins for taxi I decided to walk. It was faster than waiting in traffic, even faster than motorcycle!

The room: It is bigger, it is modern, it is functional. Seems like they thought of almost everything when designing the room. Like you can sit on the sofa when you want to work on the table. Like the way the lighting buttons are located. And the curtain. LCD size is big enough. Grade: A-.

Bathroom: A-. What else to say. I love it. So does my wife. It is good size, with separate area for bath tub and shower. You can also watch TV from the bath tub. Even the TV stereo is being sounded to the bathroom.

Dining area: A-. There are 3 restaurants there plus the coffee area. Been to all of them. Service is quick and friendly. Price is a bit high. I am used to simple breakfast at home. The breakfast selection shocked me a bit initially just because there are MANY selections. Japanese, dimsum, pastries, noodles, Indonesia, you name it. A bit downside is that the service is actually better when you showed up early, like at 6, rather than at 8.

Staff: A. They are very friendly. Quick to help with direction or suggestion on where to go. I just can not complain about this. Check out was a bit slow because seems it was handled by a trainee, but no big issue there. Done in about 5 minutes. Also they don't mind to get you a Bluebird taxi from the street if you don't want to get the Silverbird from the hotel.

Overall: I would love going back here again someday.

Room Tip: Facing the street (Rasuna)
Dear Sir,
We are so glad that you enjoyed your 6 night stay and very much look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Thank you for your feedback. It will be put to good use in order that we may improve our service further.
With thanks and kind regards,
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Amazing place that looks fantastic and is matched with top notch service.
Makes Westeners what may feel otherwise uncomfortable with the unfamiliar surroundings very comfortable without sacrificing local customs. Amazing service all day long.

Room Tip: Smokers rooms not as bad as the title suggests. Go for it if room is of higher quality.
, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Sir,

You are too kind. Thank you.

Hoping to have the pleasure of meeting you on your next stay.

Warmest regards,

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was in Indonesia for the first time during 24th June - 30th June, 2012. I was booked in Gran Melia hotel by my company. And from the time I entered into the hotel and till I left it, it was a grand experience for me. The hotel staff were extremely courteous and friendly and most of the staff addressed me with my name eventhough I met them for the first time. The hotel is quite neat and just like a new one, the rooms are very spacious, the bath rooms are too very large, the food is great, the net connectivity in the room and in lobby area is very fast. The lobby area gives such an experience that made me to take some pictures. Overall it was a fantastic experience during my stay in Gran Melia! Kudos to the management for such an experience!!

, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Mr R, …Satya,

I was in my office at 5am this morning when I saw your review. What a great start to the day. We are so glad that your experience was Grand….Gran even. We believe that it is not hospitable to constantly ask for a Guest’s room number. We have names. It is polite and more personal to remember them or at least ask. Glad to hear that you noticed our efforts.

As we approach the end of our rejuvenation we plan to put high speed wireless internet into all rooms and suites. In the meantime we have high speed wired internet in all rooms and can supply guest with wireless internet on request in a matter of a few minutes.

Looking forward to the pleasure of your company again soon Mr R.

Warmest regards,

General Manager.
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Great business hotel. Have been coming here for a few years now and rooms are being upgraded. My main complaint would be lack of in-hotel shops to get toiletries or a small gift. Maybe these are coming again after rennovation works?

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Stuart,

Thanks for the most positive feedback. I may not have had the pleasure of meeting you as I have been here for just 6 months but please look me up next time you are with us.

And yes, the gift shop selling toiletries is a distinct possibility. We are discussing a few location options right now.

For readers information, and your own, our Red Glove Team – that’s all of us – have toiletries that can be purchased and sent to your room at retail prices right now so whilst the choice of gifts is temporarily limited all toiletries are available today and in the days ahead before the shop appears. I am sorry that this was not communicated to you. We shall address.

Our thanks again for your kind words.

With best wishes,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel location is good, cleanliness can give full points. Staff are very friendly. Rooms are very clean, comfortable mattress. Have good restaurants with western and asian food.

Room service is excellent. Internet is very fast. Good for business and family to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Mr C,

Thank you so much.

Your generous words will be warmly received by the team at Gran Melia Jakarta.

Looking forward to the pleasure of your company again soon.

With kindest regards,