Gran Melia Jakarta
Pomelotel(Jakarta)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,211 results
All reviewsred levelpremium roomjapanese restaurantbusiness tripgreat hotelbreakfast buffetkuningan areabusiness hotelroom was spacioustraffic jamluxury hotellobby areapleasant stayswimming poolyoshisecuritylounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Amazing place that looks fantastic and is matched with top notch service.
Makes Westeners what may feel otherwise uncomfortable with the unfamiliar surroundings very comfortable without sacrificing local customs. Amazing service all day long.

Room Tip: Smokers rooms not as bad as the title suggests. Go for it if room is of higher quality.
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Sir,

You are too kind. Thank you.

Hoping to have the pleasure of meeting you on your next stay.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was in Indonesia for the first time during 24th June - 30th June, 2012. I was booked in Gran Melia hotel by my company. And from the time I entered into the hotel and till I left it, it was a grand experience for me. The hotel staff were extremely courteous and friendly and most of the staff addressed me with my name eventhough I met them for the first time. The hotel is quite neat and just like a new one, the rooms are very spacious, the bath rooms are too very large, the food is great, the net connectivity in the room and in lobby area is very fast. The lobby area gives such an experience that made me to take some pictures. Overall it was a fantastic experience during my stay in Gran Melia! Kudos to the management for such an experience!!

Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear Mr R, …Satya,

I was in my office at 5am this morning when I saw your review. What a great start to the day. We are so glad that your experience was Grand….Gran even. We believe that it is not hospitable to constantly ask for a Guest’s room number. We have names. It is polite and more personal to remember them or at least ask. Glad to hear that you noticed our efforts.

As we approach the end of our rejuvenation we plan to put high speed wireless internet into all rooms and suites. In the meantime we have high speed wired internet in all rooms and can supply guest with wireless internet on request in a matter of a few minutes.

Looking forward to the pleasure of your company again soon Mr R.

Warmest regards,

General Manager.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Great business hotel. Have been coming here for a few years now and rooms are being upgraded. My main complaint would be lack of in-hotel shops to get toiletries or a small gift. Maybe these are coming again after rennovation works?

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Stuart,

Thanks for the most positive feedback. I may not have had the pleasure of meeting you as I have been here for just 6 months but please look me up next time you are with us.

And yes, the gift shop selling toiletries is a distinct possibility. We are discussing a few location options right now.

For readers information, and your own, our Red Glove Team – that’s all of us – have toiletries that can be purchased and sent to your room at retail prices right now so whilst the choice of gifts is temporarily limited all toiletries are available today and in the days ahead before the shop appears. I am sorry that this was not communicated to you. We shall address.

Our thanks again for your kind words.

With best wishes,

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel location is good, cleanliness can give full points. Staff are very friendly. Rooms are very clean, comfortable mattress. Have good restaurants with western and asian food.

Room service is excellent. Internet is very fast. Good for business and family to stay.

Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear Mr C,

Thank you so much.

Your generous words will be warmly received by the team at Gran Melia Jakarta.

Looking forward to the pleasure of your company again soon.

With kindest regards,

Yours sincerely,

General Manager.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Step into an enormous open lobby and feel totally relaxed immediately, especially after the crazy traffic life and heat of Jakarta. The refurbishment of this Hotel is great - very large and comfortable rooms offering every quality amenity - huge bath with terrific headrest for relaxing. Very smart F n B outlets where a lot of thought has gone not only into the savvy design but importantly the cuisine. I am not a breakfast buffet fan, however the Chef has nailed the amazing array of international food types on offer - you will put on a kilo or 2. I experienced both the Japanese and Chinese restaurants and would definitely recommend. The staff are so friendly and helpful you feel like you have known them for years! As no-one walks in Jakarta, taxis and limos are easily available for transport. Go try and enjoy...

Room Tip: I was on level 10 and the room was terrific - one of the new refurbished - ask for...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Dear Mr M / Ian,

What a fantastic review. Thank you so much.

All I can say on behalf of the team here is that the pleasure was ours.

Until the next time,