“Relaxing stay for business” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gran Melia Jakarta

Gran Melia Jakarta
Ranked #15 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Perth
“Relaxing stay for business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

An excellent experience for the four days that I spent in Jakarta. The Hotel is located centrally for my meetings with Government officials and the Australian Embassy, who booked the accommodation for me. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable for working and relaxing. The service at the front desk was very good and staff had an excellent working knowledge of English. Excellent range of food at breakfast and buffet dinner are very reasonable cost. Very spacious rooms, including lounge rooms and sports facilities.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear Mr L / Neil,

Thank you so much. That is so kind and greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Warmest regards,

David G.A. Perry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

First trip to Jakarta, I did know much about the Hotel other than it isn't far from a complete refurbish.

My first contact with the Gran Melia was 20 meters from the door of the Garuda aircraft ! A well presented gentleman holding a sign (printed) with my name on it took me straight through to get my visa, baggage and into the hotel transfer.

All the staff were greeting me by name as I got out of the car, the driver didn't even make a call to anyone telling them I was arriving.

The spectacular enterance to the Hotel draws your eyes skywards.

I was in one of the new rooms which had a loft style to it. Long banquette across the window made it easy to watch the Large TV, the subtle LED lighting around the room is a nice touch. The large bathroom had a ceiling high rain shower head which I loved.

Staff are everywhere, you can't go far without someone to help you.

I couldn't make my mind which restaurant to go to, I ended up in the Japanese Restauarant called Yoshi! The decor was very chic and the food was amazing , the mushroom soup had rare types of mushrooms in it. Overall one of the best Japanese restaurants I have experienced!

Food at the Gran Melia is first class the buffet (Im not a buffet type of guy) is so diverse it's like walking through a world of different cuisines!! All juices are freshly squeezed - I spent 5 minutes trying to find an OJ sitting on a Hotel.

Arriving back at the Airport the Gran Melis representative had me checked in and in the Garuda lounge within 5 minutes of getting out of the car!! He took me into the lounge to make sure I was comfortable !!

The security dog at the front door needs a fan to keep him cool, he looks exhausted most of the time !!

I don't go to Jakarta often but I would stay again at the Gran Melia.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your positive endorsement of our service and refurbished hotel.

From your description and photographs you stayed in one of our new Premium Rooms which will soon be the main room type in the hotel. Good to see that they met with your qualifying approval.

To be honest your comments will be so warmly received by the team here. Thank you. As for the well-presented gentleman at the airport….well let us just say he must have been going beyond the call of duty. We try.

Oh…..and our Labrador Retrievers. Do not worry....our full attention on these delightful creatures is assured..

Thank you again and hope to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Stayed one night, well not really one night since I and my friend's came in the morning (5 am I guess). And because of that, we missed the breakfast time. There was a renovation, but fortunately we heard nothing in our room. The room itself is spacious (I forgot what kind of room that we had stayed at that time, but it was spacious and clean. The location is strategic, and the staff are friendly. One decent experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

Our renovations are coming to an end in the coming few months and we at all times have been focused on ensuring no disturbance or inconvenience to our guests. Our aim at all times continues to be on providing a service to our guests which is second to none.

We look forward to the pleasure of your company in future and to making a ‘decent experience’…. ‘Delightful’.

Yours faithfully,

General Manager.
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

My first time visit to Jakarta, and was put up in this hotel by my travel agents. Very pleasant and friendly staff. Good security. A quiet atmosphere. And very clean. Loved it!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear Mr J,

We are delighted that you found Gran Melia Jakarta such a pleasant experience. We also very much appreciate your generous score. ‘Very Good’ – a rating 4 – is not good enough here. ‘Excellent’ – a rating 5 – means we are on track. Thank you.

Hoping to raise the level of service further for your next visit.

With kindest regards,

KL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Got worried when I entered, as it was so busy, thought wouldn't get a decent nights sleep. But once in the lift and away from the lobby things turn to be very pleasant.

Lovely rooms, great food and has things nicely set up for you to really get your things done easily.

Lounge area is nice and has the famous CJ's for those who are more adventurous!

Overall value for money and a great place to put your head down for the night

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Dear Mr/Ms Thivanka,

On first reading your review of your stay last year I was expecting to state that we would love to have you back now that our refurbishment is almost complete – a great place to ‘put down your head’ just got better so to speak. But alas, I see you mention CJ’s which is a venue that resides in a hotel with a similar sounding name, albeit without the word ‘Gran’ as a prefix. I can only assume that you may have posted your review incorrectly and all that remains for me to say is how much my team and I would hope to welcome you to the Gran Melia Jakarta in future.

With warmest regards,

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Stayed in May 2012. The hotel us undergoing renovation, however you can hardly feel any inconvenience. Rooms are large and well equipped. The service is excellent and one always starts a day smiling just because of the atomosphere and people around. Being a vegetarian, I was delighted to see the many options available and glad that I did not have to survive on cornflakes & bread. The personal attention at the restaurants makes one comfortable. Overall a very good place to stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidPerryGranMelia, General Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
Having just registered as the General Manager of this fine hotel on Trip Advisor it is my pleasure to respond to your kind review.
The Gran Melia is coming to the end of a complete renovation and rejuvenation that has taken over a year. At all times our focus has been to ensure the comfort of our guests, always ensuring adequate separation of works from our active guest areas. We have retained all team members throughout this process to the point this year where we are operating with under 150 rooms and suites and over 640 staff - probably the highest guest to staff ratio of any hotel in the world. Training has been our focus as we endeavour to reposition the hotel as one of the regions very finest and all restaurants have now re opened with the aim of representing the very best.
To hear that this is translating into excellent Guest Experiences will be most encouraging to the team here. Thank you.
We look forward to the pleasure of your company in future and hope that we can introduce you to our new Premium Rooms on your next visit (- our Red Level Rooms and Lounge should be ready in a few months with works expected to finish at that time).
With thanks and kindest regards,
David G.A. Perry.
Genoa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

gran melia is a big hotel in jakarta, the price is adequate for the services, there is a lot of personnel, very kind and cooperative, the room are large. They are renovating a part, the fitness is good as the weight room, old fashion but working. the swimmimg pool is among trees and plants, a litle plastic type, but they make a good impression. the breakfast is well organized, plenty of every kind of food and fruits, juices.......

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business