Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
    1,633 results
    All reviewshorizon clubsatoo restauranthorizon floorlobby loungebreakfast buffetbusiness tripexcellent hotelswimming poolblue birdroom service isfive star hotelhome away from homeenjoyed my staybusiness hoteldeluxe roombatsrosso
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed June 18, 2014

From the moment I stepped off the aircraft, my "Shangri La" experience began. The airport staff were outstanding - addressing me by name and walking me to my waiting car. The friendly driver also welcomed me like an old friend.

As we approached the security check at the hotel gate, I was surprised that even the guards addressed me by my name and welcomed me to the property (as they checked the vehicle). This was pretty cool!

Check in was done in my suite and the staff were super personable and warm. It goes without saying that my travel companion was most impressed by the VVIP treatment I received. I'm away from home and my family a lot, so it's refreshing to visit this amazing property because you are treated as family. Always!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
    Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
    Reviewed June 17, 2014

I've stayed here on business a couple of times and really enjoyed my stay each time. The room was clean and comfortable. The wifi was good and fast. The service excellent. The breakfast buffet was great, with a lot of variety. Nothing quite like having an omelet alongside Indian and Indonesian entrees for breakfast!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Since the hotel has received rave reviews, and I pretty much agree with the authors, let me start by saying what I did not like about the hotel.

The only one real downside to the hotel is that there are no restaurants or shops near the hotel. So if you want to take a stroll outside and experience some different kind of food, you can't do it. To go anywhere, you have to take a taxi !!

Their valet service has been outsourced to the Blue Bird Taxi group. This is the most reliable taxi service in Jakarta. But their quality of service is not close to Shangri-la quality. I saw some guests arguing with the blue bird staff. I once had a problem where I wanted a blue bird taxi and all they had was silver birds (which are their luxury taxis). So their staff called for a blue bird which arrived promptly. At the end of the ride when I asked for a receipt, first the guy said since his taxi was called, I had to pay a minimum of 40K IDR (as against the meter reading of approx 20K IDR), and secondly he said he could not give me a bill. I paid and later I complained at the Shangri-la blue bird counter. They apologized and gave me a bill. You can say it is not a Shangri-la problem, but if Shangri-la is outsourcing a service, I would say this is a Shangri-la image issue. But overall, the service is good, but as I said, not as good as Shangri-la service.

The good things. Pretty much everything. Very helpful and friendly staff. Awesome breakfast buffet. Good in-room dining. A tad expensive, but not surprising given the quality of the hotel. The extras which I did not expect: they have an ATM. I have been to many 5 stars but have not had this luxury. They serve a complimentary platter of fresh fruit daily, including some local fruits. Very good stuff. Laundry is expensive, but they return the clothes in a beautiful cane basket. So nice !! Their bar BATS is ok. The music is not great,just ok. But it saves you the trouble of having to go out for a drink if you are tired and not in the mood for it. Last but the most important to me. I had left my debit card at the ATM machine. When I returned to the hotel late in the night and was checking my email, I saw an email from the hotel. One of their staff had found my card and had left it with the reception. Made my day.

Except for the lack of restaurants in the vicinity, its one of the best, if not the best hotel I have been to.

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Good!
    Breakfast very nice.good variety and coffee is drinkable.
    Service good and not to much.
    Wifi complimentary and fast.
    Cars available. I recommend Silverbirds-cheaper than hotelcar. 12 hours about 1 Mio Rupiah.
    Pretty central to most locations.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
    Reviewed June 9, 2014

A true 5 star hotel. The service was first class at every point, from arrival to departure. The hotel is centrally located, close to major malls and restaurants. It has also a really good bar which turned into a nightclub. Rooms are spacious, clean and well-maintained with a good Wi-Fi. Would stay at this hotel again next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo