“One of the best in Jakarta”

Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta
Ranked #16 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“One of the best in Jakarta”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel with great facilities and the cherry on the cake is really the staff there. I dont know how they manage to get the best in the industry at your service at this place. From the travel desk, to reception, to marketing & sales, restaurant, lounge ... every were you see the real "welcome back home" experience.
And don't miss "Bats" when you are there.. Go early if you want to have some great burgers ( value for money) with some live music. Hot the place after 10 if you are one of those wild ones...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bri_traveller_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Service at the Club was 5 star all the way. The staff are very attentive and helpful, making this a great stay for the business traveler. The food at the Club (breakfast and canapes) were excellent, as are the drink selections.

The gym was spacious and had all new, functioning equipment. Overall, I was thoroughly satisfied with my stay.

Room Tip: select garden view if possible
1 Thank Joe P
Hong Kong
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I often stay at Shangrila either alone by myself or with my family. The staffs at the hotel are very friendly, even though they are almost fully booked at the time. The rooms are clean and warm, the pool and garden are just what you need after a day of hustling and bustling in the city. There are always something for everybody. Almost All the restaurants are excellent, except Nishimura, which is somewhat disappointing with a lot of items out of stock and quality of the foods are not match up with the price. Overall experience, I always come back to Shangrila whenever I am in town...

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank hktransplant
Singapore
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was 4 nights short of being a Diamond member when I stayed in the Shangrila Jakarta. After staying 4 nights, I was supposed to go back to Singapore but my company asked me to stay an additional night for a meeting the next day. I called Shangrila to asked them if they can look at the Diamond status even though my "official" status is not reflected. THey said "We will look at it"

When i came to the hotel, imaging my suprise, a luxury hotel like Shangrila didn't even recorded my call. Was assigned a room that smell like a chicken has lived there and wasn't even given my Jade amenities until later. So forget about Diamond, I don't even get my recognition as Jade :-)

Then the service recovery when I was angry like hell. Shangrila asked me what I want. I have to tell them in actual word. LIke to have Diamond benefits, if possible. Imaging that. I have to tell Shangrila. Made me feel like a beggar.

Well, if you are not a Diamond member, then suggest you look for service in the Ritz Calton.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

4 Thank HelloThere123
SLJDMM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear HelloThere123,

First and foremost I would like to thank you very much for your patronage at the Shangri-La Hotel, Jakarta and for taking your precious time to share your feedback.

I do regret that our service did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. I have addressed the matter of your concern with our respective division manager and corrective actions have been taken to avoid the reoccurrence in the future. It is through valuable feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve our standards.

Please do let me know in case I can be of any assistance to you and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at the Shangri-La Hotel, Jakarta in the near future.

With Best Regards,
Juergen Doerr
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Loved the room - not brand new but well maintained, the amenities, and the staff were courteous and spoke good English. Helpful concierge always ready to assist with a smile. Amazing international spread for breakfast, but I wish there were more Indonesian kueh included in the breakfast range.

Dehradun, India
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Travelled to Jakarta on a business trip recently and stayed in Shangri-la hotel for 3 days. A nice atmosphere and courteous staff always at your service. Stayed on 19th floor and Jakarta skyline was very much visible. Had a meeting in banquet which was well arranged and not gave any chance to complaint. Enjoyed Japanese Sushi in restaurant Nishimura and Chinese in Shang palace. Authenticity of Chinese and Japanese food was commendable with all decorum maintained during serving the food. Atmosphere in restaurants was simply outstanding.Breakfast was detailed and continental , local and even Indian snacks was available in menu. Room and toilet was clean and well maintained. I really enjoyed my stay in the hotel and look forward for my next visit to Indonesia.

Room Tip: Rooms are sunny and A/C was good. Good view of the city from both sides of hotel
Malaysia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was there last week for a couple of nights. It certainly is a good hotel but my view is that it is beginning to show its age a bit. A bit tired in parts if one looks closely.
Excellent food in Satoo - though I would like hot tea and not tepid tea. Tepid is a bit naff.
Otherwise, I am sure it is up in the list of top 10 hotels in Jakarta.