1,691 results
All reviewshorizon clubsatoo restauranthorizon floorlobby loungebuffet restaurantbusiness tripexcellent hotelswimming poolblue birdroom service ishome away from homefive star hotelbreakfast spreadenjoyed my staybusiness hoteldeluxe roombats
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I loved this hotel on my first visit here but was less impressed second time around. The service by the reception staff was excellent but the lobby area to wait for a taxi was incredibly disorganized every day and it look a long, long time to get a taxi (compared to my last visit in October).
Housekeeping also managed to annoy me. On returning from breakfast one morning to change into the shirt I had ironed that morning (and left on the bed) I found housekeeping in my room turning the bed upside down. Given that I had only been in the room one night it seemed ridiculous to be changing the sheets and very un-environmentally friendly. But the worst part was that my freshly pressed shirt had been dumped on a chair on top of which the duvet and pillows had been thrown on top creasing the clothes and rendering my ironing efforts a waste of time.

I think I will be reluctant to stay here again given the clear lack of respect the housekeeping staff have for the belongings of guests.

Breakfast is still incredible. An amazing selection and great quality food. It’s a shame the same quality can’t be found in the housekeeping staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor facing the pool for a quieter room.
5  Thank talltaff
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Hotel is luxurious, when you enter the lobby, you will smell a relaxing smell, Very nice.
Staffs are very friendly, helpful and professional.Typical 5-star business hotel.

What I like the best is their international restaurant, Satoo, which is one of the best buffet restaurant in Jakarta (I would stay second best after The Cafe in Mulia Hotel).
The food is very delicious and the selection is enormous.

I love the swimming pool, it is a resort style in a lush garden.
Room is ok, although the style is a bit out-dated since this hotel has been 10 years now, however everything in the room functions well. Bathroom is very spacious and elegant.

Love the stay and I enjoy it very much.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stay there when I'm in Jakarta on business. The place reminds me a lot of Shangri-La in Singapore, both in appearance and in service level. The lobby of Shangri-La is very spacious and lush, clearly one of my favourites. The restaurants are a level down as is the swimming pool. Now this is where I get confused. The swimming pool looks like a pond more than a pool and there seems to be a number of people strolling the greens around. I personally would feel very awkward to take a dip in that pool, which is no wonder why there were very few swimmers. Swimming pool aside, the place well maintained and just feels very pleasant. The rooms are pretty spacious and there was really nothing to complain there. The service was extremely good. Staff were polite and accommodating. The breakfast buffet was okay and reminded me of "One" in Singapore with their wide spread. In fact, the restaurant is called "Satu", which means "one" in Bahasa. At the basement, they have a very popular live band bar, BATS, which serves as a steak house during the day. By 1:00am the bar will be packed with foreigners and young girls who appear to be in the oldest trade on earth. Not a place I would recommend. Overall, my experience has always been enjoyable at Shangri-La Jakarta. If my company wasn't footing the bill however, I doubt I'd part with the $$$$ to stay there.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Johahn
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Enjoyed three nights at one of Jakarta's most elegant five star hotels this past week. We upgraded to the Horizon floor, which gives club privelidges , and were absolutely delighted with the many choices of delicious culinary choices. And for those looking for club life, Bats is located right in the hotel!. For those familiar with the horrid traffic jams in Jakarta, it was wonderful to not have to venture out in the evenings.

The rooms are elegantly appointed, the beds amazingly comfy. If you have a pillow prefference, just let them know and voila!

With both a fully stocked gym (the machines all have tv's!), and a lovely pool, this hotel has it all!

The staff is wonderfully friendly yet professional and eager to ensure your stay is memorable.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and upgrade to the club lounge.
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I keep coming back to this hotel because the service is just excellent.
Whenever you have a wish the staff is helping and assisting you.
For example I wanted to have a small lunch but the Restaurant Satoo tends to be noisy because it is a buffet. No problem, seat at the cafe next to it and order from the Satoo Menu.

The horizon club has been renewed last year and it is really beautiful. Everyday you have live piano music at cocktail hours. Nice selection of food at breakfast and cocktail hour.

Generally the restaurants at Shangri-La offer a very high quality of food, especially the Japanese.
The Japanese restaurant has a Teppanyaki area a sushi counter and normal seated area.
Huge selection on the menu.
Business Lunch available as well.