“Good business hotel”

Le Meridien Jakarta
Ranked #35 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for an elongated period of time.

Its a good business hotel, with a very nice state of the art gym and good restaurants. Location is also pretty decent and in the central part of Jakarta.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear AbhirajBhal,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. The most exciting thing for us was when the guest has a great time and enjoyable stayed with us. Whenever your travel brings back in Jakarta, we are much looking forward to welcoming you again.

Isrin Virgasari

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed February 2, 2014

It's terribly unfortunate that Le Meridien Jakarta is surrounded by a large building site that was evidently abandoned during the Asian financial crisis. It's a compete eyesore and there's nothing the hotel can do about it.

Apart from that, we had a good stay here and liked the hotel and its staff a lot. The welcome from the check-in lady at the reception was wonderful. We got an upgraded SPG room on the 6th floor and it had clearly been refurbished recently so no complaints about the furniture or fittings. The full range of Le Meridien toiletries were present (toothpaste, shaving foam etc.), there was a real coffee filter and we could get extra Starpoints for making our own bed. The bathroom felt new with separate shower. All good.

The common areas - while clearly not new - are well maintained. We liked the coffee shop/bar in the lobby. Downstairs is a nightclub with a house band that was surprisingly good. Breakfast was as expected. Not quite as extensive as Le Meridien Bangkok (which has a great breakfast) but significantly better than Le Meridien Angkor (was is extremely poor), it's also really good value. Our room rate didn't include breakfast (which usually means I go outside because hotel buffet breakfasts are notoriously poor value if not included in the rate and you don't stuff yourself silly) but we ate there anyway and I was happy with the price and the variety.

Wifi was free and fast.

Security is good getting in to the hotel. I've not been to Jakarta before so wasn't expecting airport scanners but they're at the entrance of all the hotels and shopping malls.

The location is fine. There's not really anything in easy walking distance but large shopping malls and a lot of the sights are a short taxi journey away.

A brief word about taxis: they are cheap. Typically a journey will cost about IDR30k (US$2.5). And the hotel will call you a Blue Bird taxi from the rank outside. But even with the reputable companies, I invariably got the feeling that I was being taken the long way (no proof - I'm not an expert on Jakarta's insane road system). They all used the meter without being asked but some of the routes when followed on Google Maps were not particularly obvious. It culminated in one taxi (called by the hotel) taking us nearly to our destination, then doing a U-turn and taking us some distance away, then getting out and chatting to his fellow taxi drivers, getting back in and taking us in the completely wrong direction for a while before I got him to pull into a shopping mall and drop us off after racking up a IDR50k bill. He clearly hadn't got a clue where we wanted to go or where the JW Marriott hotel was (nearest landmark). Quite irritating but it keeps you on your toes and Google Maps helps you keep them at least partially honest.

I'd stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard G

Dear Richard G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate your comments about hotel facilities, services, friendly staff, good breakfast, location, Tiga Puluh Club+Lounge and high speed internet. Also, thank you for bringing to our attention the issue with taxi experience. This valuable input will be raised to department concern. We appreciate your comments on areas we can improve, your feedback is very important to us and allows us to learn from your experience.

Your comments will give us an opportunity to review our processes to ensure we don't inconvenience our guest in the future. We hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

It was my second time staying in Le Meridien Jakata and I am very disappointed that the hotel failed to keep its promise. Never use different credit card to book and pay because the hotel's Account Dept is very BAD. If I really trust the front desk that the refund will be processed within 2-week after I check-out and I did not check my credit card bills, I would have double charged. I sent e-mail to the hotel one month later. My first e-mail was neglected and the Account Dept responded the payment was handled immediately when I sent second e-mail 2 days later. I responded with an angry e-mail but no one care to apologize at all. What it ended up was that I ought to bare the US$15 exchage rate difference when the money was credited back to my credit card after 1-month.

APPRECIATION
- Quick check-in process
- Spacious room
- 6 free bottles of distilled water per night (good supplement of H2O during my stay)
- Friendly front-desk staff

DISAPPOINTMENT
- Failed to refund as promised. Poor customer service ~ No one really care about my complaint e-mail
- Outdated bathroom, clot in the sink
- No shower curtain in bathing area and water just spilled onto the floor after a shower (very dangerous if anyone slipped when climbing out of the bath tub)
- Poor scene outside the hotel room (I was facing a reconstruction site)
- No shopping mall, convenient store or restaurant nearby

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear robomanhk,

Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. We really appreciate your positive comments about quick check-in process, spacious room, friendly staff and rooms amenities. We also appreciate your comments on areas we can improve, your feedback is very important to us and allows us to learn from your experience. This level of detail is important for us, so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences and I was greatly concerned to hear about the circumstances that occurred, you were disappointed due to the unpleasant experienced during your staying with us and we must admit that the service you had received was not met our standards. We had been discussed together with department concerned what was happened to you to correct the situations as we take this issue seriously and I will do everything possible to ensure this type of problem does not occur again.

On behalf of the hotel management, let me take the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience. On personal note, I thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and we sincerely hope that we still have an opportunity to serve you in the hotel.

If you feel you can do this in the near future, please contact me at isrin.virgasari@lemeridien.com in your convenience. Again, we apologize for the annoyance caused to you. Le Meridien Jakarta is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel has always kept its guest services at the highest standard. Their services have never disappointment me.

The only spoiler during this trip is an uninvited guest, a cockroach in my room. It was found near to the minibar. I have encountered far worse problems in other hotel but being part of SPG group, I felt that Le Meridien should not allow this to happen.

Not much of apologies or other form of compensation was given for the inconveniences to change room. I have to give credits for their quick response during the following after I lodged the complaint.

Another thing is that their pool is under maintenance and I thought it will be a good gesture to indicate at their website or during booking. I had brought my trunks for a good swim but I never had a chance.

Breakfast standards dropped. I wish that they should try their own breads and they should be taste for themselves.

Services at the hotel taxi stand remain very good. They really put in efforts to assist you in getting taxi and to your intended destination.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Jakartab0b, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Joe,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in the hotel and particularly your compliments about our service. Regarding the pool we actually have some maintenance at the moment however the pool has not been closed; we only advise guests there may be some work happening while they use the facility. My apologies if this was not clear to you during your stay.

I'll also have a look at the bread quality although overall we get many raving comments about our breakfast spread. My biggest concern is the cockroach you mentioned and I apologize for that experience. We have a full time team of 2 from an international pest control company doing treatments constantly however in a tropical country there still may be one that slips through.

No excuses and I hope you can accept my apology. I am glad to read that our team took quick action to move your room if you wished to do so and I look forward to welcome you back again to experience our high standards and friendly service.

Regards, Robert H

Reviewed January 5, 2014

An in the past five stars hotel which desperately needs renovation to keep its stars. For instance the shower is not separate from the bath tub, rooms have seasoned furniture and the lobby is just bearable. In comparison with other luxury hotels my evaluation is a 4 stars hotel, not more and much worse than many other Meridien hotels in the world.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Giovanni N,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We also appreciate you let us know where we can improve and I will forward to management. Thank you for allowing us to learn from your experience. However, regarding guest room; I am glad to inform you that gradually over the next 2 years we will be redesigning and renovating our older rooms. For now, we hope we can welcoming you again in the near future and experience our club room.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I spent three nights here at the end of November on a business trip. The breakfast buffet has endless options and there are enough differences every day that you won't get bored. Staff at the hotel are pleasant and helpful. The rooms are decently appointed and the pool, while not large is nice. I had a massage on my last day and it was fabulous. Traffic was a bit of an issue but that's Jakarta -- and if you don't like spending time in traffic, Jakarta probably isn't a destination for you!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear TristanEF,

We would like to thank you for your great feedback of your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta.
We are proud having you as our loyal guest and your feedbacks are greatly valued. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you and family while you were staying with us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta on near future.

isrin Virgasari

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayed here for a night transit before departing to DPS. Arrived at the hotel at midnight and there wasn't any refreshment i.e. cold drinks and towels served while waiting to be given room key. However, the accomodation overall is good.

The next morning, my boyfriend and I took a walk to Plaza Indonesia which we think is the nearest shopping mall and it took us half an hour. Fortunately, the road was closed for some kind of pedestrians day. So if you're a jogger, it might be useful to ask around on what days and when the roads are closed so you could maybe enjoy your run.

Would definitely stay here again if our financial permits.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 645 and our view is a construction site and the road.