“Surprised by uninvited guest”

Le Meridien Jakarta
Ranked #34 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel has always kept its guest services at the highest standard. Their services have never disappointment me.

The only spoiler during this trip is an uninvited guest, a cockroach in my room. It was found near to the minibar. I have encountered far worse problems in other hotel but being part of SPG group, I felt that Le Meridien should not allow this to happen.

Not much of apologies or other form of compensation was given for the inconveniences to change room. I have to give credits for their quick response during the following after I lodged the complaint.

Another thing is that their pool is under maintenance and I thought it will be a good gesture to indicate at their website or during booking. I had brought my trunks for a good swim but I never had a chance.

Breakfast standards dropped. I wish that they should try their own breads and they should be taste for themselves.

Services at the hotel taxi stand remain very good. They really put in efforts to assist you in getting taxi and to your intended destination.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Jakartab0b, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Joe,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in the hotel and particularly your compliments about our service. Regarding the pool we actually have some maintenance at the moment however the pool has not been closed; we only advise guests there may be some work happening while they use the facility. My apologies if this was not clear to you during your stay.

I'll also have a look at the bread quality although overall we get many raving comments about our breakfast spread. My biggest concern is the cockroach you mentioned and I apologize for that experience. We have a full time team of 2 from an international pest control company doing treatments constantly however in a tropical country there still may be one that slips through.

No excuses and I hope you can accept my apology. I am glad to read that our team took quick action to move your room if you wished to do so and I look forward to welcome you back again to experience our high standards and friendly service.

Regards, Robert H

Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

An in the past five stars hotel which desperately needs renovation to keep its stars. For instance the shower is not separate from the bath tub, rooms have seasoned furniture and the lobby is just bearable. In comparison with other luxury hotels my evaluation is a 4 stars hotel, not more and much worse than many other Meridien hotels in the world.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Giovanni N,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We also appreciate you let us know where we can improve and I will forward to management. Thank you for allowing us to learn from your experience. However, regarding guest room; I am glad to inform you that gradually over the next 2 years we will be redesigning and renovating our older rooms. For now, we hope we can welcoming you again in the near future and experience our club room.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I spent three nights here at the end of November on a business trip. The breakfast buffet has endless options and there are enough differences every day that you won't get bored. Staff at the hotel are pleasant and helpful. The rooms are decently appointed and the pool, while not large is nice. I had a massage on my last day and it was fabulous. Traffic was a bit of an issue but that's Jakarta -- and if you don't like spending time in traffic, Jakarta probably isn't a destination for you!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear TristanEF,

We would like to thank you for your great feedback of your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta.
We are proud having you as our loyal guest and your feedbacks are greatly valued. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you and family while you were staying with us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta on near future.

isrin Virgasari

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayed here for a night transit before departing to DPS. Arrived at the hotel at midnight and there wasn't any refreshment i.e. cold drinks and towels served while waiting to be given room key. However, the accomodation overall is good.

The next morning, my boyfriend and I took a walk to Plaza Indonesia which we think is the nearest shopping mall and it took us half an hour. Fortunately, the road was closed for some kind of pedestrians day. So if you're a jogger, it might be useful to ask around on what days and when the roads are closed so you could maybe enjoy your run.

Would definitely stay here again if our financial permits.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 645 and our view is a construction site and the road.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear SaphMo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate your positive comment about hotel's accommodation. Also thank you for bringing to our attention the issue that we have to improve and allowing us to learn from your experience. I have conveyed your comments to department concern to be discussed. Your comments will give us an opportunity to review our processes to ensure we don't inconvenience our guest in the future.

We hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta.

Bets regards,

Reviewed December 18, 2013

good service, very nice personnel, excellent standard in business room, several restaurants with tasteful food. Unfortunately you have a construction site without any activity next door which ruins the view, but that is my only complaint. Still recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Allinug,

Thank you for your great feedback of your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We are very pleased that you have had a great time during your staying with us and it’s always great to hear that you enjoyed our service and facilities except the construction view. Thank you for allowing us to learn from your experience. We do apologize for the inconvenience. If I may suggest you to request room with pool view for your next visit. We hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

To me, its average in terms room furnishings and level of service. But its location is good, making it easy for you to hop on a cab and get to where you're going. it's best suited for business travelers as it is located in the financial district. The hotel is always seems busy with guests in view of its orientation, which I didn't quite like.

Room Tip: try get a room facing the pool.you will get better sleep as the other side faces the bustling main s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Julian A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We also appreciate you let us know where we can improve and I will forward to management for review your comments with the team. Thank you for allowing us to learn from your experience. Regarding room furnishings; I am glad to inform you that gradually over the next 2 years we will be redesigning and renovating our older rooms. We are much look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien Jakarta on future visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Le Meridien but it won't be my last.
The service from all the staff was very good from the greeting at reception all the way.
The room was well appointed with a very comfortable bed and the only downside was the "view" from the window of the construction site next door.
The restaurants and bar are very nice particularly if you have the time to sit and enjoy the live music.
Le Meridien is well situated close to major shopping malls with the only issue being the "typical" Jakarta traffic chaos.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jim M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate your positive comments about hotel location, associates, service and restaurant. Thank you for bringing to our attention to area that we have to improve and allowing us to learn from your experience. Your comments will give us an opportunity to review our processes to ensure we don't inconvenience our guest in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien Jakarta on future visit.