“Nice Hotel Good Location”

Le Meridien Jakarta
Ranked #38 of 462 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice Hotel Good Location”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Have stayed here several times before. Well located and within easy reach of Grand Indonesia Mall. Spent the Lebaran break here using the Eat, Drink and More member complimentary voucher. Nice spacious lobby. The friendly hospitable welcoming experience starts the moment you arrive at the "front door". Nice spacious lobby with speedy checking in. The room was comfortable even though we had an additional bed put in for our son. Large TV with many international channels and free WiFi too. Generous supply of bottled water. Due to the festive season (guess limited staffing levels) the breakfast on Saturday morning was not as per norm though reasonable. Sunday morning it was back to the usual sumptuous variety. Have always enjoyed our stay here and will certainly be back soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Regulartripster2805,

Thank you for your great feedback of your recent stay at our resort. We are very pleased that you have had a great time during your staying with us and it’s always great to hear that you enjoyed our service and facilities . Your review helps to boost our associates' confidence and willingness to always improve their sincere service.

We look forward to having another chance to be of your service in the near future.

Isrin Virgasari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed August 14, 2013

- Nice business hotel to stay in the middle of Jakarta business area.
- Big cozy room with ipod pod, excellent service, excellent food
- Great swimming pool, a quiet & healing spa, nice place to spend your noon time at pool side
- Overall excellent hotel.

Room Tip: better view to main street Jl.Jend Sudirman, for pool view you will see unused old obsolete building
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear ElvitaBachtiar,

Thank you for your great feedback of your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We are very pleased that you have had a great time during your staying with us and it’s always great to hear that you enjoyed our service and facilities . Your review helps to boost our associates confidence and willingness to always improve their sincere service.

We hope that your next visit will be a pleasant and memorable stay as the previous one.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed two night in 2013 eid mubarak holidays with my family (wife and baby boy) using complimentary voucher from joint eat, drink and more member, that i think very good value.
The rooms is spacious although not as big as mandarin oriental but it is bigger than JW marriot and both pullman ( central park and thamrin ). The bed, air conditioner and pillow make me comfort to sleep but i minus point is when the morning comes, the room will be bright because the Curtain cant Blocking sunlight, it is a little bit annoying me, who prefer sleep in dark conditions.
The pool is oke, clean and i think biggger than mandarin and marriot but Smaller than mulia (biggest i have seen), pullman and four season. The gym is ok too although the sauna and whirlpool is too small but it is better than mandarin oriental that dont have sauna and whirlpool ( i really confused why this beautiful 5 star hotel like MO dont have this facilities)
We tried to tasted te buffet dinner menu but because this is mosleem holiday season they dont opened the buffet dinner, this is one of my biggest regret because i choose the wrong times, to enjoyed this hotel. I always tried to tasted the hotel buffet menu when i stayed on their hotel.
But after eat breakfast and alacarte dinner, i can comment the breakfast really average from variety and tasted, it below mulia, and marriot. And for dinner in la brasairre, i tried oxtail soup, spagehtti bolognaise and chicken soto, the taste is good and big portion.
This is my review about le meridien, oh yeah before i forgot i found one cockroach in my bed room. For me if i still can get the good price like this times offcourse i will back again to this hotel but if i must stayed using publice rate or maybe travel rate, i will consider twice because this hotel dont have any activites for kids too

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Se_Chiang,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate your positive comments about our facilities and services. As a EatDrink&More member we are glad you enjoyed the complimentary room. However on that time we are not able to open buffet dinner. We appreciate your comments on areas we can improve, your feedback is very important to us and allows us to learn from your experience. We are constantly reviewing our services and facilities which assists us in improving our operations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien Jakarta on the future visits.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Le Meridien Jakarta is comfortable and somewhat upmarket, but without the unnecessary frills which apparently justify the exorbitant costs of some luxury hotels. More than that, it is stylish, with an inviting lobby, complete with different restaurants accessible close by, and what seem to be multiple nooks and crannies suitable for a quiet drink, conversation, or read. Our room was very comfortable, well equipped and very clean, and not the typical rectangular box you often find in even . In addition, the swimming pool was a decent size for swimming (approx 25 yards long. Location ideal for business travelers (on Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, the main business avenue in the city), as well as for tourists and families, since you are in the center of the city.

Room Tip: Our room was on 8th floor directly over the pool. Was quiet with a decent view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jimbo S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate your comments about spacious & comfortable rooms, strategic location, and others facilities. We also appreciate your comments on areas we can improve, your feedback is very important to us.

We hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta.

Kind Regards,
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I spent two nights at Le Meridien with my mother. It was very conveniently located centrally in Jakarta and the rooms were spacious. The breakfast buffet was quite extensive but the dinner buffet was not particularly great, especially for the price. The staff were incredibly helpful and all in all it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Abby W,

Thank you for your great feedback of your recent stay at our hotel. We are very pleased that you have had a great time with your mother. We have conveyed your review to our associates who were also very proud to be able to provide delightful service to our guests. We also appreciate your comments on areas we can improve about buffet dinner price. Currently we have SPG promotion for dine 15% discount and get additional 2 benefit. Le Meridien Jakarta is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

We would be delighted to welcome you back at Le Meridien Jakarta in nearest future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights in Jakarta in the Le Meridien on SPG points. We got an instant upgrade and free massage (spg member). Rooms are spacious and typical Starwood style. Very extensive breakfast and helpfull staff. Close to bus station and some malls (with foodcourts). Would definitely recommend and come back again when in Jakarta.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear B G,

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Jakarta for your recent stay, we glad that you were satisfied with our services and facilities and that you had a safe and comfortable trip back.
We are always keen to hear your comments, whether they are related to major issues or to minor details, as our guideline in pursuit of excellence.

Once again, thank you for your visit and comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes and greetings from Jakarta,
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed July 31, 2013

When I arrived here three nights ago, I thought the design was dated and in need of refurbishment but writing this on my third and second to last night, I find the style is growing on me. It's not really my style but very consistent in its Indonesian theme and it's very clean and staff are helpful and friendly enough but they don't seem to smile very much? Perhaps they're not happy in their jobs?

I stay over 200 nights annually in hotels and I often wake up in the morning not knowing what country I'm in much less what hotel but in this hotel, room, as soon as you open your eyes, you definitely know you're in an Indonesian hotel!

I've been staying at the Mulia when I come to Jakarta but this time they were full so I thought I'd try this hotel as I just came from the Le Meridien in Kuala Lumpur and that's one of my favourite hotels in Asia. This is the first time I've stayed here and there's very little that I'd fault here as everything works and the bed is comfortable and clean.

The vanity is the bathroom is small and there was little room to put my toilet kit but there was a huge lighted magnified mirror that made is so easy to shave and to try to get all those errant hairs! There are many hotels where the mirrors are absolutely hopeless for shaving as the lighting is all wrong for shaving your neck and chin!

The bath is....unusual in that there's a built-in seat, I assume for people who like sitting in a bath but not too deep! I've never seen one like this before but there are many things in this hotel that I've never seen before!

They have these statues of people and things around the hotel and I've included a photo of the one in my room together with a wooden carving on the wall. The first thing i thought when I saw these was, they'll be a pain to keep dust-free and while I'm not pedantic about these things, every time i returned to the room, I ran my finger over it to see if it had been dusted and yes, it had been!

The bathroom was floored and walled in marble and was very functional clean and not too cramped which in many of the older hotels, they do tend to be!

Breakfast in the 20th floor lounge was good and best of all, it didn't finish until11am! I tend to rise early and check mail that came in overnight and then take a later breakfast so this late closing suited me to a tee and I could go out for my meetings without thinking of a break for lunch! Again, this is unusual for hotels but I liked it!

So while the style was old, this didn't necessarily mean that it was old and the carpet was fresh and clean and there was a coffee plunger and there was always at least a half dozen bottles of drinkign water available.

So all in all, pretty good and recommended to all. The tariff was very reasonable at around US$150 per night inclusive of taxes.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1640 which had a nice city view and at night a building that looked historic but I...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear RayC888,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detail review of your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate you sharing all the facility and service concerns you experienced because it allows us to learn from your experience. It is very important for us to receive these comments so we can constantly review all of our services and facilities to ensure we improve in the future.
We were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and ofcourse services at 20th floor.

Thank you for allowing us to learn from your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien Jakarta.