$185
$160
  • Breakfast included
$168
1,124 results
All reviewslebanese restauranttiga puluhal nafourala brasseriemiddle eastern restaurantthe club loungespg platinuman older hotelbit datedbusiness tripbusiness hotelbusiness districtjunior suitebreakfast buffetcentral locationnice poolcoffee shop
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I checked in fairly early in the evening, on a connection between Jakarta/Balikpapan.
The checkin process was swift and painless, and the room on the sixth floor was extremely comfortable, with a homely view over a construction site. (I'm in the construction industry, hence 'homely'!). Plenty of brew kit available in the room, a very well stocked, if pricey, mini bar, and altogether very satisfactory.

I had already had my evening meal, so didn't feel the need to try any of the food outlets within the hotel, but I did wander down to the 'Tiga Pulau' night club. Due to the early time, and it being a Thursday night, I was the only customer, so I missed out on the full potential of what looked like would be a very lively night spot later on, when us old fossils are tucked up in our little truckle beds.
I was made to feel welcome by the bar staff, who enjoyed trying out their English on me, at the same time introducing me to some of the Bahasa Indonesia phrases that you won't find in the 'Lonely Planet' phrase book!

My check out was at 04:30, so I missed out on breakfast. Altogether a very pleasant hotel, and I hope that next time I pass through Jakarta I will have the chance to experience more of it's facilities.

In the short time I was there, I found all the staff courteous and helpful, even at 0h God o'clock in the morning. A hotel to be recommended.

Room Tip: Have your Starwood Preferred Guest Membership card handy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Bedou,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate your comments about our services and facilities. We really hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta in nearest future. We hope your next visit will be a pleasant and memorable stay.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip for just one night. I was very impressed with the hospitality, the hotel ambience, the restaurant, and the rooms. A special mention goes to the night club "Tiga Puluh", which had great music and we spent amazing time at the club. It is definitely a must visit and I will definitely come back and stay here at the same hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Sanjaypkothari,

Thank you for your kind words about our facilities and services. We are proud having you as our loyal guest and your feedback are greatly valued. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you while you were staying with us. I have conveyed your comments to all of our associates who is very proud of their service delivery especially Tiga Puluh team. Whenever your travel brings back to Jakarta, we are much looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The best way to reach the hotel is take a Silverbird or Bluebird prepaid cab (these are very reliable and safe) outside the arrival terminal. It cost me about 341000 Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) to reach the hotel. One can get a good currency rate after the on arrival visa counter (about 9500-9600 IDR to 1 US Dollar) . BTW, for the arrival visa, please tender USD 25 exactly to give to the visa counter, else risk getting the change back in Indonesian Rupiah at a poor exchange rate.

The hotel is at a very good location, but it took us a good 120 min to reach it from the airport, thanks to the traffic jams that are part and parcel of Jakarta.

The hotel check in time is 3 PM, but I had asked for an early check in and was given the room at 11 AM itself. Check in was prompt.

The room was on the 6th floor (SPG floor), directly overlooking a construction site, but through the stay there was thankfully no noise. The room had all the necessary stuff including the option to prepare one's own tea or coffee with bags. There were quite a few channels available on TV. Wifi internet, though, could be a tad better as it was difficult accessing mails.

The bathroom was good, or standard Le Meridien quality. I did not get any feeling that the bathroom accessories were old or not working...everything was fine.

The breakfast was very good. It provided a lot of variety across international and local options. There are fresh juices for the health conscious also (celery, papaya etc) apart from the canned options. Enough fruit and vegetable is available, which was quite a relief to a vegetarian like me.

After 2 long hectic days, we went to the Lebanese restaurant for dinner. It is good to try out a cuisine (which had some options of Iraqi / Egyptian food also) that is not so popular. The food and service were good.

Hotel lift to my room was a little away from the reception...am not sure whether there was any other option of lifts.

Checkout was fast, and we got a cab quickly to the airport thanks to the hotel staff.

Overall, good memories of the hotel.

Room Tip: I was staying in the SPG rooms i.e. Starwood Preferred Guests. My room was overlooking a construction site, so maybe one can ask for a room facing a better view. Also, please check whether there is easy access to hotel rooms instead of going right upto the restaurants where the 2 lifts are available.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear StanleyPune,

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude for taking the time to give your wonderful review upon your stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate your comments about hotels facilities & services, also very pleased that you have had a great time. We have conveyed your review to our associates who were also very proud to be able to provide delightful service to our guests. I thank you for your valuable review and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back for your returned stay with us at Le Meridien Jakarta.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Due to the flood, we were not able to reach our hotel at Thamrin. Checked into Le Meridien as it was in the dry strip. Service from each & every staff we encountered were excellent, even at 4am when we checked in.

The suite room however needs major renovation. It is too old, stucked in the 80's. It is not in line with the Le Meridien image I expected. I find the lobby toilet modern & I can't help but think why can't they do up their room & bathroom just like the lobby?

Tried their Lebanese restaurant, service attentive & we did enjoy our meal. Service is great but room was a major letdown.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mulberry79,

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Jakarta for your recent stay and sharing your input and concern at Tripadvisor.com. We apologize for the unpleasant experience during your stay with us. Regarding the bathroom and suite room at main building; I am glad to inform you that gradually over the next 2 years we will be redesigning and renovating our older rooms. For your next stay, may I suggest you to book club room at Tower Building. We hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Le Meridien is like an old friend: reliable, consistent, and.... well, aging. I have been coming off and on to Jakarta for business (is there any other reason to come to Jakarta?) for over 7 years, and while I have tried several other places during that time, I keep returning to Le Meridien. All the staff have the infectious Indonesian smile and grace, and are most welcoming. The food is nicely influenced by the French association, and the buffets at breakfast and dinner are well stocked with a multitude of options. I have stayed in both the regular rooms and the Club Level rooms, and both are good value for the money. Further, it does pay to be a Starwood Frequent Sleeper as there are a few added perks.

As for the "aging" part, the facilities have been criticized on this site for being old. That is in fact somewhat true. Despite nice efforts over the years to "put on more make up", the rooms are from a slightly different era and like old friends, you can only dress them up so much. They/We are still old! I find them most adequate. They are most certainly NOT Restoration Hardware slick and shiny, but when combined with the very nice Indonesian cultural elements in the lobby and elsewhere, this hotel has a smaller hotel charm that is not found in other chain properties. Also, the hotel is not too big such that the place does not seem too crowded. (They could probably eliminate the sculpture of the bald eagle with a fish in its talons in the lobby, which has a distinctive Elk's Lodge #467 feeling to it!) Depending on the room's location, you get a great view of an abandoned high rise construction site, which has been unchanged since I have been coming here. But again, you don't come to Jakarta for the views and since there is no work being done on the place, it does not offer any loud distractions. There are plenty of other things throughout Jakarta that do, including the calls to prayer. Wherever you stay, and have problems with outside noise, be sure to bring ear plugs.

I am a regular user of both the gym and pool. The gym has new equipment and is thus most acceptable. And as an avid swimmer, the 20 meter pool is at the lower limit of a good 2000 meter morning workout. I am not a night owl so have had no experience with the night club in the basement. Though I have eaten at the Middle Eastern restaurant in the hotel (which is very good) and been impressed with the occasional belly dancer.

If you have a big business expense account and corporate arrangements at other chains, you will probably want to stay at those properties. Le Meridien on the other hand, is nicely priced for the smaller budgeted business traveler, and well situated on the perimeter of the central business zone (thereby offering a dodge, if required, of the 3 passenger rule). Also, being perceived as French, that is NOT American, it avoids one other cautionary stigmatism; namely, it is not a "target".

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear PWS312,

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude for taking the time to give your wonderful review upon your stay in Trip Advisor. We are proud having you as our loyal guest and your feedback are greatly valued. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you while you were staying with us. We are very pleased that you have had a great time. We have conveyed your review to our associates who were also very proud to be able to provide delightful service to you. We also appreciate your comments on areas we can improve. Once again, thank you for your visit and comments and we hope to see you again soon.