1,131 results
All reviewslebanese restaurantal nafouratiga puluhla brasseriemiddle eastern restaurantthe club loungespg platinuman older hotelbit datedbusiness tripbusiness hotelbusiness districtjunior suitebreakfast buffetcentral locationcoffee shophotel staff
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This was my first time visiting Jakarta. I picked the Le Meridien as it is pat of the Starwood chain of hotels. Going in, I didnt know if I would be pleased or unhappy with my choice. The locals suggested I stay at other locations but I ended up with this hotel.

This is an older hotel for the area. You can find newer hotels in Jakarta but this served well as a base. As others have said, there is traffic in Jakarta. I would guess some of the worst in the world. But the hotel was in a good location for where I wanted/needed to go.

Hotel staff was overall friendly and helpful. They always helped whenever I had any questions. Service was good.

As a SPG Platinum member I was upgraded to a new room. I am glad that the Le Meridien doesnt hold back on rooms like some starwood properties.

Hotel Internet was fast enough for what I needed to do, Skype home with the family, email, work etc.

If you need a taxi, it is quicker to walk out to the street. The taxis line up there anyways and they dont have to go through the security theater.

Overall I am happy with my stay at the Le Meridien Jakarta and will plan to stay with them again when I return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cxworldtraveler
lemeridienjakarta, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear cxworldtraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate your positive comments about hotel facilities, guestroom, cleanliness, service and friendliness of our staff. So excited when we knows our guest has a great time and enjoyable stayed with us. Whenever your travel brings back in Jakarta, we are much looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I came to this hotel from another hotel in Jakarta where I was staying for just one night. The reasons why I shifted just one day into my business trip are covered in my last review, so I shan't bother to repeat myself.

Actually, I must admit I was somewhat sceptical when I decided to book a room at Le Meridien. I'd wanted to try another posh, 5-star outfit near Le Meridien but that one was fully booked by the time I tried doing so. So I landed here in Le Meridien and it seemed to be an okay choice.

I must admit that this hotel is indeed old. There's a certain 1980s feel to it, but there are lots of pieces of evidence which show that some refurbishments and renovations have been carried out before. The use of a big flat-screen TV set, the availability of an iPod stand and the new carpeting show all that. But the dilapidated furniture, the design of the bathroom and toilet bowl and the yellowed stains and bits and parts of dried mould indicate that this hotel must be at least 20 years of age.

That said, the amenities are adequate. A Le Meridien promises a certain standard at least, and this hotel delivers it. The internet speed was fast enough and also available for free to guests. The TV channels have enough international channels, and the room size was generous. The bed was comfortable and much of what is there is clean and neat. If you aren't fussy or even like some retro feel once in a while, I think this hotel will serve you fine.

As mentioned in earlier reviews, the staff's attitude is very good. I cannot agree more and everywhere I go, I see broad smiles and hear warm greetings. The concierge was good in recommending shopping within a tight time schedule, and even the security men who check your bags gave me a feel-good warmth. It's obvious that the management pitches this hotel for business travellers or the slightly well-off tourists. Nothing too ostentatious, but some nice touches of local designs in the decor and also good local food at their restaurants. I think with Le Meridien managing this outfit, you cannot go too far wrong.

Most importantly, this hotel charges the same rates I'd be paying at the smaller but newer one which I'd shifted from. Location wise, it's around the same area along the main business street of South Jakarta, near the offices of many businesses in Indonesia. I think with the good rates and the advantages of being an SPG member, I'd continue to make this my base the next time I return to Jakarta.

Room Tip: Flash your SPG membership card, you get to stay at a (slightly) better room. Also stay in a room NOT facing the construction outside, if not it might be too noisy at night.
4  Thank SaltheFatFish

Dear Sal the Fat Fish,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate your positive comments about hotel facilities, guestroom, cleanliness, service and friendliness of our staff. You are correct Sir, our hotel already 20 years age. However we still keep maintain good standard of room/hotel facilities by doing some refurnish in the room in order to provide even better service in our effort to accomplish total guest satisfaction. Whenever your travel brings back in Jakarta, we are much looking forward to welcoming you again at the Le Meridien Jakarta.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

You can trust the staff in this hotel, they will try hard to be helpfull. All of them are doing their best and with great courtesy. Talking specifically about trust, I've forgetted twice money and a Usb key on my laundry....I got it back in the room with the cleaned laundry....great isn't it! Yes the hotel rooms are a bit dated but basic room price is fair.

Dear fabiof62,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate your positive comments about our servive and we noted your advise on hotel facilities need renovation for our future consideration. We are much looking forward to welcoming you again at the Le Meridien Jakarta.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Being that it was my first time in Jakarta I wish I was forwarned what I had ran into... Metal detectors to enter your hotel, ladies of the night wandering around the hotel lobby or making their way into the small night club wasnt my idea of a Great hotel.

However, credit should be given when earned. And it surely was earned with safety, cleanliness, buffet breakfast selection and most importantly the attentiveness of the staff was PERFECT! The pool area was a bit small, but it was very clean and tranquil... perfect for working.

If it wasnt for the professionalism of the staff I would have wanted to leave Jakarta upon arrival.
It resulted in an extremely great trip.

Dear ushirl,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. The most exciting thing for us was when the guest has a great time and enjoyable stayed with us. Whenever your travel brings back in Jakarta, we are much looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

The hotel is dated but clean, club lounge was fine, gym is good. Service was great (lost my keys for suitcase padlock, ring room service and a guy is up in 5 mins, cuts off padlock then gives me a new one) all in all an excellent stay .

Stayed: April 2012

Dear mark c,

Thank you for taking your valuable time in writing your real feeling about the facilities and service and. The most exciting thing for us was when the guest has a great time and enjoyable stayed with us. Whenever your travel brings back in Jakarta, we are much looking forward to welcoming you again at the Le Meridien Jakarta.