“Blast from the Past” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Singapore
“Blast from the Past”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Staying in this hotel is like a blast from the past. Very retro. Reminds me of the hotels of my childhood. As what the other reviews mention, the bathroom is really old, with slightly peeling wallpapers. Also there are very little amenities in the bathroom. Only a toothbrush set and soap. No comb, razor, etc. Location is pretty central, walking distance to Plaza Indonesia though given the weather and security, might as well take a taxi there, though it seems kinda hard to get a taxi at the hotel as taxis only go in when they are letting passengers off. Did not try the breakfast or other facilities in the hotel. I did not pay for this hotel but if the cost is much lower than the other brand name hotels around there, its worth a stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Flintstong
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Flintstong

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Our spacious and bright lobby certainly suggests that this Hotel was built some time ago and I would agree that at times it can be a reminder of our Childhood experiences. As far as our bathrooms (especially in our Standard and Deluxe Category) the age of the Hotel certainly shows and we are working hard to maintain a clean product while we work with our owners to start a major renovation project. Bathroom amenities vary depending on room-type and all amenities not displayed are certainly available upon request and will be delivered to your room free of charge within minutes of calling our Service One Desk.

Our location is indeed very central with easy access to shopping, business and entertainment districts. Our Hotel has an agreement with a local taxi company that provides us with 24 hour standby taxi service and the taxies are parked at the back of the Hotel and not always visible. Rest assured our bell staff or security help all of our guests get a taxi within minutes of the request.

Again, thank you for your posting and I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

For me, this hotel existence clearly provide a good option for me when I visiting Jakarta. What I mean, if you ask me about a good place to stay during your visit here, I'd probably mention this hotel. Why? Excellent location, great food, great service so far, representative lobby, cultural touch everywhere... but the reason why this hotel stays as an "option" rather than a "must" are: The old bathroom (currently I stay in this hotel while I write this review, and my bathroom condition here are, in fact, nothing less than horrible, for a 4 star hotel), old fashioned room (the cabinet can be categorized as antique, actually) even tough for me the overall room conditions are nice, still I think somehow they need to "upgrade" it. At least, I'm glad they change the tv into flat screen now, last time I remember it still old tv put in the old cabinet. Overall, upgrade please.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Gerry S

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. I greatly appreciate your kind review regarding our great service and good food which are obviously important aspects for any of our guests. Our lobby is bright and full of light and as such our Indonesian carvings and artworks shine in this lobby. Lastly thank you for recognizing our very strategic location within the center of Jakarta that makes it easy for both business and leisure guests to explore our city.

I also fully agree with your view on our room condition – especially our bathrooms; however our furnishings, carpets and wall coverings are all starting to show their age. As this will be a large project we are currently in the planning stages for a major renovation and I hope you can appreciate that such projects take time for planning and approval from our owners. Over the past two years we have replaced all of our beds and mattresses, televisions (thank you for noticing this), mini fridges, safety deposit boxes and we are now left with no further improvements until we can complete our full renovations.

Again many thanks for your review and I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the near future.
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

the hotel is located on strategic location, nice and clean room, the food is delicipus, the interior ia aging, i stay in this hotel for 5 day. my experience is the hotel need improvement for the parking.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Oki G

We greatly appreciate your time posting your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Thank you for recognizing our strategic location within central Jakarta which is certainly a key strength of our property. Unfortunately when a business is located within the confines of a city center parking does become an issue from time to time. When we host a large group, celebration or such as your case when we host our annual Oktoberfest we certainly do not have sufficient parking on the Hotel grounds. During such peak days we do have an agreement with our neighboring office building to allow for overflow parking. There is ample parking in their 12 story parade, however I do understand that this involves some walking back to the Hotel depending which level you are able to find a parking spot. As an additional service we also offer valet parking for a very small fee. I hope you will understand our situation and I hope this will not deter you from staying with us during future visits to Jakarta.

Lastly I would like to thank you for your very favorable comments regarding delicious meals and cleanliness of rooms. The interior is starting to show its age and we are working with our owners to renovate our Hotel in the not too distant future.

Again many thanks for your review and I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.
singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Business hotel in a convenient location. Very good and welcoming service from Porters and housekeeping staff.

Special mention of Sofyan and Samsu who are always helpful and friendly.

Excellent Japanese restaurant at the hotel with lovely fresh and healthy options.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear maltesegypsy

Many thanks for completing a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Our location is certainly a very strong selling point as location is very important within our city due the many traffic congestions. Within the central business district our Hotel does boast a wonderful location for both business and leisure travelers.

Thank you also for recognizing our associates who truly display Indonesian hospitality and always strive provide excellent guest service to all of our guests. I shall personally pass your thanks onto Sofyan and Smansu as it is always wonderful when our guests remember our associates by name.

Our Keyaki Japanese restaurant continues to be one of Jakarta’s top Japanese restaurant and I thank you for mentioning this restaurant.

I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.
Sinapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta in September and found it is very conveniently located for both business and shopping in Jakarta. Plus, staffs are very friendly and professional. I really enjoyed good services from Ms. Diana who is responsible for hotel entrance area i.e. welcoming guests, calling taxi etc. Her great hospitality made me very happy during hectic business travel. I highly recommend this hotel to any travelers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dear Aki N

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Pan Pacific Jakarta. I am delighted that our associates were able to exceed your expectations and I shall personally thank Diana for her excellent service. Our location is indeed very favorable for both business and leisure travelers within the Central Business District of Jakarta.

Again than you for your recommendations and I hope to welcome you back to Jakarta in the very near future.
Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Contrary to earlier reviews about the rooms and the lifts being in shabby state or looked pretty old; I have found them perfect in line with ambience of the hotel.

Rooms are of pretty good size and have good view of the cityline. Location is next to business district, places of tourist interest and a shopping mall.

You can hire a normal bluebird taxi from the hotel lobby at no extra cost. Internet is free if you sign up fof hotel group membership which is not a bad idea since it comes for free.

Welcome drink is on the house (non alcoholic). They have a nice swimming pool and good fitness center.

Coming to not so good things. Bathrooms need immediate renovation. Restaurant does not hold much variety compared to its peer group hotels in the vicinity. Shoe shine is a paid activity which is for free in other hotels.

No discount for inhouse guests either in restaurant or in the spa. Quality of scrub and massages are questionable.

Overall a good hotel and value for money if you are good to eat outside.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Golly L, Director of Sales & Marketing at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Rakesh37,
Thank you for your time in communicating this review on Tripadvisor during your recent stay with us.
We are glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us and recognizing the strategic location of the hotel. I fully agree with some of your findings during your stay, especially the bathroom condition. This unquestionably needs a renovation and we have been working closely with our owner to have a total renovation for the entire hotel.
We will indeed take note on some of your other comments and share this with the particular departments for them to make an improvement. However, we are thankful for your review of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta.
Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Sari Pan Pacific Hotel Jakarta is one of 4 stars hotels in Jakarta but this hotel looks older than their pictures but this hotel is very clean and has big rooms. Hotel is located in center of Sudirman and very closed with Plaza Indonesia, Grand Indonesia, Bundaran HI,etc. The buffet breakfast is variety with Western and Asian cuisine. All staff are very friendly and helpful. Overall, value for money!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank the_percursatiopunta
Golly L, Director of Sales & Marketing at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear punta_carrara,
Thank you for taking your time to exchange your review in Tripadvisor during your recent stay with us. Our hotel has been established since 1976 and indeed the product is considerably old by now. Yet, we really appreciate that you recognized the cleanliness of the hotel, as our team has put their utmost effort to ensure the hotel is well maintained albeit in this challenging condition. We also pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our buffet breakfast selections and the friendliness of our associate. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back at Sari Pan Pacific