“Uber friendly staff makes up for shortcomings”

Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta
Ranked #41 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is as throw-back to the 80s as it gets. With the Jakarta infamous traffic, location doesn't mean a thing. The staff however are top-notch: from front desk, to restaurant wait staff to housekeeping. You'd rarely experience this level of impeccable friendliness and helpfulness in the service sector these days. It gets only an Average score because once those encounters are over, you'd still face those very real issues of a very very dated hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank julesnotatworkSG
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear julesnotatworkSG
Thank you for completing a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Due to the many traffic problems our city encounters location can in many cases make a significant difference in the total travel time (it may at times not seem like this however after living in this city for nearly three years I am personally convinced that even which side of a street your journey starts can make as much as 30 minutes difference of total travel time). Our location within central Jakarta is very strategic to access both business and leisure destinations. Unfortunately it does very much depend on what location within Jakarta you are going to.

I truly appreciate the wonderful comments regarding our staff services. Service and cleanliness are our two main focuses as we await the approvals of our renovation plans. Our Décor is old and especially our bathrooms in standard and deluxe room categories truly show their age. Thus our associates truly work hard to keep our rooms perfectly clean while our front of house associates concentrate on guest services.

Again thank you for staying with Pan Pacific Jakarta and also for taking the time to post your review. I hope to personally welcome you back to our city and Hotel in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was staying at Sari pan Pacific Hotel with my friend for a night in the end of April. This hotel is one of well known hotel in Jakarta, as it is quiet old and located in main area of Jakarta (Jalan Thamrin). At the first time I come to this hotel, I got the impression that this hotel has not been renovated for a long time. The facilities is standard, just like other 5 stars hotel. The room also very standard. The furniture looks so old. The cupboard, bed, chair are old. I also saw that some of part in the room must be renovated, like toilet. I think it's time to make renewal of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear niarparamita

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Pan Pacific Jakarta has been open for 37 years and due to the length of service combined with first class location we are indeed very well known in our city. Over the past two years we have replaced most of the “soft goods” such as beds and linen, Televisions, Mini Fridges, Safety Deposing Box to mention a few. The replacement of all of these items has been favorably received by our guests and we are now working toward a full renovation to address some of the outstanding issues such as our bathrooms as well as all of our public areas. Unfortunately such a large project does require significant time for planning, interior design as well as approval from our owners and I hope that you and all of our guests can understand this. Currently we are building two prototype rooms and I hope to share more good news on the full renovation in the very near future.

In the meantime all of our team is focused on maintaining excellent service and cleanliness standards as we are fully in control of these two critical touch points.

I hope you will return to Jakarta soon and once again choose Pan Pacific Hotel as your Hotel.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

A two night stay was a bit of last minute decision after opting to go to a conference at the Intercontinental in Jakarta, no rooms available at that hotel when I tried on the net. It was a long time since I stayed at Sari Pan Pac but knew location was good. Had a club floor room - which was nice. The room was a good size and comfortable, with complimentary wireless internet. Club floor and all staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful. Club floor has a decent spread of food in the evening if somewhat oddly right infront of the lifts to the top floor where I was also staying. It's by no means the newest and plush hotel in Jakarta, but it is well maintained and Located just next to Sarinah dept store for shopping and there are plenty of eating places. Probably going to go back in August for a short break with my wife.

1  Thank Trixiebear
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear trixiebear

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Pan Pacific Jakarta. Our location is indeed very favorable within Jakarta’s Central Business District for both business and leisure guests. Our Pacific Club rooms are amongst the largest Executive Club Rooms in Jakarta with nearly 60 m2 providing ample space for our guests. Thank you for the kind review of our evening cocktail food offering and more importantly for noticing the service our Pacific Club staff provided you. You are correct that our Hotel is no longer new, however we continue to pride ourselves on our service as well as cleanliness of the Hotel.

I hope to personally welcome you back in August when you and your wife take a quick break in Jakarta. Many thanks!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here for work related purpose and had some time to spend shopping. Due to the traffic system in Jakarta, staying at this hotel would benefit those whose intention would be to shop at where the locals shop; Thamrin City and Tanah Abang. To get to the business area and the ministry area in Jakarta however, would require a lot of travelling time due to the traffic system and also the massive traffic jam around the city.

The room, as mentioned in few reviews, was quite dated for a five start hotel and needs refurbishment. But it was comfortable nonetheless. Similarly, the toilet is also dated but would be rectified through the upgrading work that the hotel intends to do. There are many channel selections which is good and the wifi is not too bad, once u get used to having to log in each time you want to surf the net, as it is not automatically connected to the internet, only the network.

The services were excellent, as expected from the chain. The staffs went above and beyond their call of duty in greeting and helping me with some errands. This is especially true for the front desk and concierge.

The food during breakfast has quite a variety of selection and halal, hence suitable for muslims.

Overall, it was a nice place to stay but hopefully they would upgrade the place to be at par with other pan pacific hotels in the region.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Haelin
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Haelin

Thank you for completing a very detailed review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Jakarta and Pan Pacific Jakarta. Traffic in our city is certainly a major concern and thus each visitor to our city needs to carefully consider which district they should select for their Hotel stay. Our Hotel is strategically located within the central business district with relatively easy access to our main shopping and entertainment destinations. We are also located very near the Presidential Palace which is surrounded by many government agencies including some ministries. Any one visiting Jakarta for the first time needs to allow for additional travel times to reach their appointments and destinations on time.

Late last year we replaced all of our old televisions with new 40 and 42 inch LED televisions which also allowed us to add a significant amount of new channels for our guests viewing pleasure. I greatly appreciate you noticing this service – thank you. While our Internet (WIFI & LAN) still performs consistently, we are currently in the midst of a major upgrade to this service. By July 8th this upgrade will be completed and you will notice further improvements to connectivity and speed, especially for tablets and mobile devices.

Especially our bathrooms are somewhat desperate for a complete upgrade and we continue to work with our owners on this project. The refurbishment of our Hotel will be a major undertaking and thus the planning stage is taking quite some time. I hope to soon share with you and all of our guests some definite milestones to achieve this. I the meantime we continue to focus all of our associates efforts on service and overall cleanliness of our Hotel.

Again I truly thank you for your very accurate and complete review of where our Hotel is today. I hope to personally welcome you back to our property in the very near future. Thank You

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The first time I stayed in 2008, and each time the company held an event in Jakarta hotel is always an option, an advantage we stay at a hotel that has a strategic location, friendly service and fast, complete facilities, rooms are quite comfortable, Security the food was varied and, not to forget I would like to thank Mr. Aas who faithfully serve us start from the airport to the hotel

Dear Sigit P

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. I am delighted that you have been staying with us since 2008 and I hope you will continue to visit us for years to come. I shall personally thank our Airport Rep Mr Aas who will be surely happy that our guests remember is services and name.
Yes our location is very strategic within the central business district of Jakarta and all of our teams continue to focus on guest services and I would also like to thank you for the recognition you have written in your review.

Again thank you for your time and I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I came at the night around 1 am. Actually I did not make any reservation for stay. I lucky that there is still available room for me with my preference. Easy find for parking area, just in front of the lobby, so I’m not tired to walking for parking the car. Hotel with the friendly staff and comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: The lower floor very safety
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jakarta80

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Thank you for acknowledging our associates who are indeed very friendly and endeavor to make each hotel stay memorable. With our current demand you were indeed quite lucky to find a room and I strongly recommend making a reservation for your next stay. Currently during week days it is not uncommon for us to fill all of our 418 guest rooms so I recommend that you make your booking a minimum three days prior to arrival. I am glad we were able to find you not only a room, however a room that met all of your preferences.

I hope you will visit Jakarta again soon and hope to personally welcome you to our Hotel.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

You can expect a very warm and friendly welcome from the charming staff that work throughout the hotel. Reception is fast, efficient and staff very helpful (thanks Jeanie).
The hotel is very tired and in need of refurbishment. The location is good and the room rates cheap.
The rooms are large and you will get a good nights sleep in the comfortable beds. The rooms have new TVs and a good range of channels.
The food, however, is disappointing at both of the two restaurants on the ground floor and in the Pacific Lounge so I would definitely recommend going out to eat. The Pacific Lounge is efficiently managed by extremely charming, attentive and helpful staff thanks to Mrs Lia and her fantastic team! Like the rest of the hotel the Pacific Lounge is in real needy of refurbishment.
The laundry service is good and reliable.
Wifi ok throughout and there is a very good help lone if you have connectivity problems.
Hotel is part of the Global Hotel Alliance and there is an ok rewards scheme although you can also get airmails well.
All in all, despite the excellent staff, If you can stretch your budget a bit I would recommend shopping around.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Tiger-Thomas71

Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Your recognition of our guest services is greatly appreciated and I shall thank both Jeanie and Lia on your behalf as remembering the names of outstanding associates leads me to believe that they have exceeded your expectations. Thank you also for mentioning our fantastic location within the Central Business District of Jakarta as with the many traffic issues in our city location is a very important aspect when selecting a Hotel in our city. While we work on renovation plans, our management focus remains on guest services and cleanliness and I fully agree that we require a refurbishment soon.

We are currently in the midst of planning a major renovation together with our owners and I am sure you can appreciate that such a major project takes time and consideration during this planning stage. Over the past year we have replaced most “soft goods” in our rooms including our televisions and beds. I am very thankful that you have mentioned both of these items and that you also recognized us for offering a wide variety of Television Channels. This channel selection has only been possible since January 2013 when we replaced all of our old televisions with 42 inch LED televisions.

Our WIFI today is still not where we would like to be as improvements to speed are still required and we are currently in the midst of a major upgrade of our internet service (both WIFI and LAN) and this upgrade will be completed by July 8th 2013. Once fully implemented we will be able to offer our guests a greater variety of choices along with a significant improvement to your internet speed.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy our Food offering and will have a discussion with our team leaders in this regard. Our Japanese Keyaki Restaurant continues to receive very high ratings amongst Japanese restaurants in our city and we have a wonderful Japanese National Chef to lead this team.

Again, thank you for taking the time to complete your review of our Hotel and I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta soon.