Sari Pacific Jakarta
  • Breakfast included
$122
$105
  • Pool
All reviewspacific loungefiesta restaurantsabang streetjapanese restaurantstrategic locationspecial thanksbusiness tripcar free dayother hotelssecond homewalking distancehotel is locatedgrand indonesiafront office staffrooms are spaciousenjoyed my stayfitness center
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at the Sari Pan Pacific Hotel for two nights in December while attending a wedding in Jakarta, and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Check-in was efficient, and all of the hotel staff members, from the reception desk to the housekeeping department, were pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and well-furnished. The bed was comfortable, and the free Internet connection worked well, too. For breakfast we enjoyed a marvelous international breakfast buffet in the dining room. It was so filling that it became brunch for us. The attractive dining room is light and airy, looking out to a terrace with additional tables outside. This provides a space for smokers and creates a smoke-free environment indoors, which we appreciated. Even though the hotel is aging, it is being kept up well, too. We will certainly stay there again the next time we visit Jakarta.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rosie K
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Rosie K

Your review on Tripadvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta is greatly appreciated. It is always a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your experience and all of our Hotel staff indeed embodies Indonesian Hospitality. Our beds and linen were replaced one year ago and this provides a great sleep experience. I am happy that you enjoyed your breakfast experience and our bright All Day Restaurant. The poolside terrace does provide a wonderful area for those that like the outdoors as well as those guests who smoke. While you are correct that our Hotel is indeed aging we continue to work very hard to provide a clean environment as well a Hotel where guest service is maintained at its highest level.

I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific in the very near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I chose this hotel mainly for its location. It is right across from the offices where I had my one week of business in Jakarta. Yet, apart from its locational convenience, it turned out to be a wonderful place to stay because of the exceptional quality of service provided by its staff, and I mean the entire staff, including in particular Fuad the Concierge who came up without exception with the best suggestions about what to do and where to eat in Jakarta, and Haris, the vivacious Bellboy, who made it your day with his omnipresent smile.

As a veteran management consultant of many years, I conjured that it must be an outstandingly able management behind this facade of wear and tear that makes this establishment so worthy of praise. The service quality remarkably does compensate for what the building lacks in terms of physical appearance.

Now some free of charge advice to who may be owning the building: The hotel building, no doubt, needs some substantial facelifting. The carpets are worn out, the painting needs to be redone, the decor is way behind times, the entire space is worn out and tired. Give the physical appearance an uplift, and the management will probably be able to double room prices. And you will get your fair share of the boosted revenue.

I have checked in other hotels in the same Golden Triange neighborhood, and decided to make the Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta my home again next time I am in Jakarta.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Saboratore

Dear oktay y
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you recognize the warm hospitality service which is provided by our associates. While I will certainly share a personal thank you to those you have mentioned, I am convinced that our entire team appreciates your recognition. In an aging building where senior management and owners continue to work toward a full renovation the biggest key is to maintain a very high level of service to ensure our guests continue to stay with us.

Indeed we are in the planning stages of a full renovation and I am sure that you appreciate that all of this takes time to plan and also to secure sufficient financing and secure a project team. I hope to be able to share some renovation news soon. In the meantime we shall continue to focus on guest service and overall cleanliness of our Hotel as this is what our guests experience today.

Again thank you for your delightful review and I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

very enjoyable stay, with extremely friendly, polite and courteous staff. personally, i thank mr.aas asmanullah, airport rep/front office, who arranged everything perfectly for me during my stay at pan pasific. our room was finely furnished with all necessary requirements. Staffs from doorman, reception, wait staff and cashier, we could not fault their service. Overall, we were extremely impressed having stayed at some of the best located hotel in jakarta.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AAchmad
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear AAchmad

Thank you very much for posting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Hotel. I am delighted that Mr Aas was able to arrange your room requirements perfectly and I shall personally thank him on your behalf. We are blessed with wonderful associates who embody Indonesian hospitality and warmth and I am very happy that all of them made your stay memorable. Thank you also for recognizing our strategic location in the center of Jakarta which is definitely a preferred location amongst leisure and business travelers.

I hope to welcome you back to Sari Pan Pacific and Jakarta in the very near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel is very good. The service is excellent. The only problem I observed is that the things are old. The doors are not closing properly. Shower knobs are not working.

The staff is courteous. The front office is great. Did not take more that five minutes for check in. Restaurants are great. They have variety of food. They even prepared vegetarian recipe for me even when they did not have any in the menu.

I had gone through lot of reviews saying that most of the hotels in Jakarta have noise pollution around them but it is not the case with this hotel.

Definitely a recommendable place to stay in Jakarta.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JitenKPune

Dear JitenKPune,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor detailing your latest stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. I am delighted that you enjoyed the service provided by our associates and especially proud of my restaurant team that they went out of their way to prepare a vegetarian dish especially for you.

While our housekeeping team continues to focus on the cleanliness of our Hotel some of our furnishings and equipment are indeed starting to show their age. We are in the midst of working with our owners on a full renovation and I hope to be able to share some good news with all of our guests soon.

Noise pollution is something you will find in most major cities and I appreciate your comments as I also feel the ambient noise coming from our surroundings is certainly bearable.

Once again, thank you very much for the time to write your review and I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Yes, the interior is tired and dated. However the sincere energized staff always welcomes you with sincerity by name. The hotel is a sanctuary of privacy and comfort within a bustling Capital city. The staff is well informed, empowered, gracious and always accommodating. The food and beverage offerings are always fresh well attended, simple and better than expected. The location and Value is unsurpassed, especially the Pan Pacific Club lounge. Spa service and Fitness center are a competitive edge. I am pleased to return often to our Jakarta home at the Sari Pan Pacific.

Room Tip: club level is well worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank johnberndt
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear John

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. It is always great to hear when our guests appreciate the hospitality provided by all of our front line associates. I shall certainly thank our front office teams on your behalf. Our Pacific Club rooms are our Premium Product and the access to our Pacific Club Lounge is a great additional benefit to staying on our Club Floors. Here you can enjoy Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and Evening Cocktail hour.

Our location is certainly a very key as it provides some very good access to Central Jakarta which is often plagues with difficult traffic.

Once again thank you for your wonderful review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.