“Very old room”

Ranked #42 of 461 Hotels in Jakarta
Singapore, Singapore
“Very old room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Sari Pan Pac on the 29th Jan through 31st Jan. Arrived at the hotel at 1900hrs and check in was met with glitch when they can't find my reservation. I had booked a smoking room but was given a non smoking room instead.

Room was spacious but in a bad state. Very old carpet and furnishing. Bed was comfortable. Pillows were too soft. Toilet was a total letdown with bulging walls... Signs of a internal pipe burst in the wall. Asked for a multiplug but was told it was not available.

Asked for iron and board and what came was a disaster... The iron board was shaky and unstable(danger) and the iron was not meant to be used at all (iron plate with burnt stains)

Concierge services was good though. Very efficient and friendly... Good recommendations and clear instructions on direction.

Breakfast buffet spread were the same on the 2days I was there. Limited choices and the trainee manning the egg station on the 2nd day can't even fry a omelette. My omelette turned out looking like scramble egg.

Check out was crowded but the lady who served me was efficient and friendly. Very clear in explaining the charges to me. Sadly, I forgot her name but she looked Chinese and wore glasses.

Will not return to this hotel despite the great location.

• Stayed January 2013
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Xavier K,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor detailing your latest stay at Sari Pan Pacific Hotel. Unfortunately it did take a few moments to locate your reservation as the person who checked in on your behalf provided your last name, however your first and last name were reversed by the booker who made your reservation. I hope you can appreciated that some names are not as easily identifiable as given or surname hence it did take a few minutes to find your reservation. I have also reviewed your reservation and unfortunately the booker did not identify your smoking preference and due to our high occupancy during this period we could not fulfill this request upon check-in at 7 pm.
Over the past two years we have replaced all of our beds, linen, pillows, televisions, mini fridge, safety deposit boxes as well as various urgent infrastructure items such as boilers and water pipes. Essentially we have now replaced everything that can be replaced without a major renovation which is also in the midst of planning stages. While I fully agree that our rooms are old and in need of refurbishment I can assure you that they are well maintained and very clean. As far as the pillows, while most of our pillows are now goose down pillows we do still have sufficient alternative pillows available for guests who prefer a firm pillow.
As far as the multiplug not available upon your request this is completely unacceptable and I personally apologize for this and also assure you that I will follow this up in person. For today’s business traveler this is a must and not providing such a request is indeed intolerable.
I also thank you for your comment on the irons which I shall also follow up personally. Again I fully agree with your expectations as I would have the same.
Our Breakfast buffet does offer local South East Asian Cuisine, Japanese Cuisine as well as Western Cuisine with a very large bread and pastry selection so I do hope that you took the time to explore all of our various food stations. I have already advised our Chef that trainees should not be presented at our busy breakfast buffet until all parties are confident that they can be placed in front of our guests and fulfill all requests.
I would like to thank you for recognizing our concierge as well as front office agent that provided you with your check out service. While our Hotel is no longer new, all of our associates do work very hard to provide our guests a memorable guest experience.
Our location is indeed very preferable for both business and leisure guest with good access to the central business district of Jakarta. I hope you will change your mind and consider staying with us during future visits to Jakarta.
Once again, than you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I am very happy and impress with the treatment and services given to me upon my arrival and stay in Sari Pacific Hotel Jakarta. The Front Office staff especially Ms Fadlun was so nice and polite that make my check in and stay in Sari Pacific so wonderful. She's very helpful and has given me a level of comfort that make me wanting to come and stay again in the hotel on my next trip. I shall recommend all my friend to make Sari Pacific as their second home when they come to Jakarta. Well done Sari Pacific and thank you Ms Fadlun for being so nice and making my stay in the hotel was a wonder moment.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Yazid S
Dear Yazid S,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. I am very happy to read that Ms. Fadlun left such a positive impression on you that you remember her name. I know she will be very happy to ready your review and she indeed deserves special recognition. I shall personally thank her for her outstanding performance.

I am also delighted to read that Sari Pan Pacific Hotel is your home when you come to Jakarta, and I hope to personally welcome you when you next return to our city.
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

this hotel is located in a busy street but traffic is flowing and next to a big mall

rooms are spotless clean and staff are professional , the most thing i still remember about it is the soft bed sheet's which made hard for me to getup in the morning

i Recommend it strongly

Room Tip: higher floors are best
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Alsufyani
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Alsufyani

Your time to complete a review on TripAdvisor regarding your most recent stay is greatly appreciated. Our location within the Central Business District of Jakarta is certainly very favorable and thus preferred amongst both business and leisure travelers. As our Hotel is not the newest anymore, cleanliness is certainly a key focus from all levels and I am certain that my Housekeeping Department will also greatly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our Hotel.

Our bed linen, pillows as well as mattresses were replaced in 2012 and I am delighted that your sleep experience was enjoyable. We can provide you wake up calls just in case you enjoy our linen too much.

I hope you will be back to our Hotel soon and our team looks forward to welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Second stay at this hotel,staffs are very helpful,friendly n polite.One person that springs to mind is Harris,the bell hop man.He,s so nice to talk to about general issues,like transportation,sight seeing,and shopping venues.In my opinion,he gives the hotel a good name.Will definitely come back here again to stay.Would be nice to have a lounge bar tho.
P.Moore

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kroozer96
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Kroozer96

Your review on TripAvisor is greatly appreciated. I am delighted that Mr Harris was able to connect with you and provide you with excellent service. We are blessed with many long term associates who understand guest service and more importantly are very familiar with our city (especially within the central business district). I also agree that the absence of a proper Hotel bar is an amenity which is currently lacking at our location. We are in the midst of working on the re-design of many of our public areas and once we start renovations we will be able to offer our guests a much better bar experience. Unfortunately we are still only in the design phase so this outlet is likely still one year away. In the meantime we do offer a nice selection of beverages in our lobby bar where we also offer nightly live entertainment. Within walking distance there are also two “pub” style bars and I am sure our associates will be happy to provide you directions during your next visit.

Again many thanks for completing your Tripadvisor review and I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I realized that thia hotel is one of the oldest hotel in Jakarta but i have to admit that they've maintained this hotel amazingly. Though it's old but the charm was still there. I stayed in Pacific floor and when i stepped in to the room,i fell in love with the ambience.So cozy and homey. The lounge area was also amazing. The meals there were pretty good especially the japanesse ones. The lounge's staffs were so helpful and friendly on breakfast time. Unfortunately, the hot water running in my bathroom wasn't too good. Sometimes it worked,some other time it didn't. Me and my husband have to wait like more than 15 minutes for the hot water to run before both of us finally decided to use the cold water. The sliding doors between the bedroom and living room were pretty shocking also. I tried to close the doors since few of friends were about to come to visit but when i closed it,they suddenly fell of the rails. I've tried to put them back on rails but they're heavy and my husband was out for business. But thank God the room boy (i guess) put them back the other day when he cleaned our room. But overall, it's a good experience staying in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank gabzky
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear gabzky,
Your review on TripAdvisor is greatly appreciated. Our Hotel is indeed 37 years of age and we have done well over the years to maintain a clean and nice product. Our Pacific Club Rooms are indeed our premium product and at sixty square meters they are amongst the largest Executive Club Rooms in our city. I am very disappointed about your experience with the sliding doors as this should never have happened. I can only assure you that I have already sent an engineering team to check all such doors as the weight of the door could be dangerous to our guests. Regarding the experience with the water supply, we did recently have a failure of one of our circulating pumps resulting in poor consistency of hot water. While this has now been rectified the replacement should not have taken this long.
Thank you for the recognition of our Keyaki Japanese Restaurant which continues to maintain a very high standard and is ranked amongst Jakarta’s best Japanese Restaurants. Our Pacific Club Lounge team is indeed a very solid team and all of them provide excellent service to all of our guests.
Again, many thanks for posting your review and I hope to welcome you back to Jakarta in the very near future.
Jambi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed in the Sari Pan Pacific for two days and experienced wonderful service in all respects. The staff is very polite: Switley who is working in the business center in the 12 th floor was very helpful with getting all my print outs, scannings and copies done. He is also up for a good chat! Harris and his collegeous took care of my luggage and made sure that nothing gets lost. Jovand and all the other great people from the reception patiently helped me with anything I needed to get organized or wanted to know. Thank you all for making my stay so convenient and nice!!

The breakfast was also fabulous: there was a huge variety of different dishes - Indonesian and Continental. Everyone will find something to eat what he/she likes!

The rooms are ok. Spacious and clean, the beds are very good.

All in all, the time at the hotel was very pleasant. I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MimoLimo
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear MimoLimo

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. I am delighted that so many of our associates provide you with such great service that you remember all of their names. We are indeed with a great team, one that understands and lives Indonesian Hospitality.

I appreciate your comments regarding our Breakfast as this is the most important meal period for our Guests and thus becomes very important for us to ensure everyone has a great meal. Our Beds, Linens and Pillows are indeed brand new and I truly appreciate that you noticed this. Our furnishings are aging and we are working to replace this, however our room cleanliness remains very high.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future. Thank you again.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Nice new hotel. Good internet speeds but very limited on Vegetarian Options. Very close to city centre. All staff very helpful especially in the lounge area. Quiet even though on a busy road. Various malls nearby. No Bar so have to find local places in the evening.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear nazparmar,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Your comments regarding our internet speed are greatly appreciated especially since this is an area we continuously work to improve. We are currently in the midst of our next upgrade as we realize that all travelers have a great demand for this service.

Our location is indeed very central with easy access to shopping, entertainment and business areas within central Jakarta. We do not have a “bar” at the moment; however our lobby bar does offer nightly entertainment however I do understand that this area may be too open the space is more formal than a usual bar. We are also working on this as a renovation to our entire Hotel is in the planning stages.

Your comments regarding the Vegetarian options are greatly appreciated and we shall work with our Food and Beverage team to improve such selection.

I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific in the very near future.