“Sari Pan Pacific Hotel is so good!”

Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta
Ranked #41 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The room is very comfortable, clean, and smell good, the staffs are polite, you have everything you need in the room without complaint. Once, you want to pamper you yourselves or family, this hotel is the right choice

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank patrarinadewi
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear patrarinadewi

Many thanks for taking the time to complete your review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. It is always great to hear when our guests enjoyed their stay and I truly thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of our Hotel. In a Hotel that is a little bit older and in need of certain upgrades, cleanliness is so important and we stress this with all of our housekeeping and public attendants. I shall share your comments personally with our team.

Our associates do try very hard to make every guests stay memorable and we succeeded with you.

I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta very soon.

There are newer reviews for Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta

Reviewed November 30, 2012

A lovely hotel, with great views of the city and terrific service. This place gets almost everythng right for business visitors - from great breakfasts to the lovely pool, nice rooms and very helpful people. Good WiFi access and a central location - important considering the horrendous traffic!

1  Thank sodafin
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear sodafin,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor detailing your latest stay at Sari Pan Pacific Hotel. I greatly appreciate your very favorable comments and assure you that I shall share this with all of our associates. While our Hotel is not the newest, our associates indeed to a fantastic job keeping our Hotel clean and full of smiles.

Our location is certainly a unique selling point as Jakarta traffic can be very poor indeed. We are located in central Jakarta and this provides guests access to all of the Central Business District as well as the many entertainment centers within close proximity of our Hotel.

I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel is located right in the heart of business district in Jakarta. Hence, travelling anywhere to Jakarta from Pan Pac is rather convenient. However, if you are travelling to the outskirts, then be prepared for those traffic jams.

The hotel provided very good customer service. All staff are able to converse well in English. The only gitch I encountered was my room key got deactivated after the first day.

Room was generally clean. However, the TV was quite old and small. My room had two single beds, and only the bed facing the TV can watch it without any fuss. Trouble was, the TV was inside this wooden cabinet which there was no tray which you could pull the TV out from. Furniture and wall paper in the toilet and room is kinda old too.

There is free wifi in the room, with stable connection throughout my stay. Take note though, be careful not to use the internet cable in the room as the usage is chargeable. There are some essential toiletries "missing" though, such as shaving kit, shower cap, comb. Also, I can only find one electrical outlet in the room, which is quite surprising.

Room service is good, though it took a bit of time for the team to respond.

Breakfast was not bad, food portions are generous and rather tasty too! The service is excellent.

Overall, if you are looking for a no frills and cheap hotel for business, this is one that you could consider. The lobby is nice. However, do not expect too much for your room, as it is definitely older than most of the modern hotels. For its good customer service, I would give this hotel 4-stars. The only setback is really the old furnishings.

Room Tip: The side facing away from the main road will receive the morning sun.
1  Thank HoteLExpat

Dear HoteLExpat

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor detailing your latest stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. I appreciate your comments regarding our location in Central Jakarta which is indeed a very preferred location for many visitors to our city.

I am also delighted with your view on our service, and I truly believe our associates embody Indonesian Hospitality with great personal efforts. I apologize for the inconvenience caused for your room key deactivation; unfortunately this can sometimes be caused when your key comes in close proximity with an electronic device such as a mobile phone. Generally our keys do last an entire guest stay however there are some cases where something corrupts the key which does result in having to reprogram your key.

I fully agree on your review of our Television Sets and I am delighted to share with you that all of our rooms will have brand new televisions prior to the end of this year. We are awaiting the purchase of an additional 365 television sets, and our supplier has assured delivery during this year. Further improvements will come through the installation of a new Television Cable which will allow us to provide guests with a better picture quality as well as additional channels for your viewing pleasure.
Our furniture and bathrooms are indeed tired, and for this we are working with our owners for a full renovation. The renovation will include a complete rewiring of our building as we do not provide sufficient power outlets, nor do we currently provide a dedicated power outlet where guests can charge electronic equipment while away from their room. This project will still take some time as at this moment we are only in the interior design phase.

Thank you also for your comments regarding our food and beverage offerings. Our lobby is truly nice space as it is spacious and very bright.

I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I suppose the location is not bad considering it is quite close to the business centre and lots of amenities and shopping area. Rooms and furniture looks dated and tough to find power points in the room for people travelling with gadgets. The the service was average too, nothing to shout about really.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
thomas_mayrhofer, Public Relations Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear ArdKotaWarisan

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Thank you for recognizing our excellent location which is indeed wonderful for both business and leisure travelers.

We are currently working with our owners to realize a full renovation as indeed our product is starting to show its age. While we wait for this approval, I am happy to share with you that we have recently upgraded many of our items that can be changed without a major renovation. The main items upgraded were beds, linens and pillows; Safety Deposit Boxes; Mini Bar Fridges and Televisions for our Pacific Club Rooms. Recently our owner also approved the purchase of new 42 inch Televisions for our remaining standard and deluxe rooms thus completing a full exchange of our old equipment. Unfortunately the remainder (including additional power points) will require major work and thus still take some time for planning and approval.

I am disappointed that we did not serve you up to your expectations, as normally our associates are very engaged and provide our guests with exceptional service. I hope you will allow us another chance to show you our usual service.

Hopefully I will be able to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the near future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here last year, and then wrote in my review that “rooms are old and tired, begging for a renovation”, but it was still tolerable. Nevertheless, this time they it was bad.
Hotel is so old and rundown, that I wonder how Pan Pacific still allows their brand to be displayed.

My executive floor room was not clean at all, and I found a lot of human hair and other dirt mainly in the bathroom.
While filling the bathtub I went to pick up the phone, and when I came back 3 minutes later, I realized that the overflow drain didn’t function and the bathroom is a pool of water.
Water temperature was lukewarm. I tried to let the water for a few minutes, but it never got hot.

I had an even worse encounter, which is a warning bell for anyone planning to give credit card details to this hotel!
When I checked my credit card statement, I realized that a few days after my credit card was charged for my stay; they charged me again the same amount.
When I wrote them an email, they replied that they will refund the double charge.

However, there are a few points to clarify:
1) It is known, that most people don’t really check their credit card. It seems to be that this is a system, trying to overcharge, and then return the money for the few that realize they were overcharged.

2) I wrote them an email, that if they “cancel” the transaction, then I have no loses, however, if they make a “credit” for the same amount, I pay twice for exchange fees since the transactions are in IDR.

In fact they made a “credit”, and I got back 7% less than the original amount.
They never even replied for that claim. Why do I have they pay for their failed attempt to steal?

My conclusion! Avoid this hotel. If you can’t, than check your bill, and recheck your credit card statement!

4  Thank nomad6022
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Nomad6022

Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor detailing your latest stay at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta. Corporate office and I are indeed working closely with our owners to renovate our Hotel; however such a significant project does require time for planning as well as securing sufficient financing. We are currently in the design phase for this renovation and hope to have two mock – up rooms completed by early 2013. While this is a small step, it is a critical part in achieving our needed renovation which will likely start some 6 to 8 months after mock-up rooms are approved.

I have looked into your lack of hot water comment, and we did not experience any issues with our boiler system during your stay, so please accept our apology for this and I can assure you that this is an unusual situation. In fact during 2012 we have replaced all of our Hot and Cold Water pipes as well as replaced our boilers and steam system. This upgrade totaled more than 1 million USD and ensures us that we can provide hot water to all of our guest rooms.

Due to the strong water pressure we enjoy, it indeed does only require 3 minutes to fill a bathtub, and we do have advisory messages posted in all of our bathrooms. Unfortunately our floor drains cannot handle the amount of water, and this is an issue that we will address during our renovation.

As far as your credit card experience, I am very disappointed that such an incident occurred in my Hotel. While this is completely unacceptable please be assured that this was a mistake, and no deliberate or purposeful action from our Hotel occurred. You did take advantage of one of our best rate offers which is our advance purchase rate where you pay for the room in full when making the reservation. Such purchases must be made a minimum of seven days prior to check-in, and are non-refundable. As this promotion provides our guests a 25% discount it is a popular promotion that many guests enjoy. Thus if we were to misuse the trust of our guests, we would no longer be able to enjoy the success of this promotion.

Please note what occurred with your situation was a human error between two finance associates that made this error during our month end period. We have issues warning letters as such mistakes are simply unacceptable and cannot happen!

As far as the loss of 7% which is likely a combination of credit card fees and differences in exchange rate we will certainly credit you such a loss if you can please contact the Hotel directly and provide us with the details.

Please be assured that this is not a common mistake and much more important there was no malice or intent behind this transaction. Our Hotel has operated successfully in Jakarta for the past 36 years and such longevity can only occur through consistency, integrity and by maintaining excellent and consistent standards.

Thank you again for posting your review and I hope you will consider our Hotel for future stays despite your most recent experience.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I booked a night at Sari Pan Pacific at a rate of almost half that of Grand Hyatt (along the same road) thinking I got a good deal. After checking in, I realize why there was this large discrepancy.... they are worlds apart! I thought Pan Pacific hotels are usually pretty good (judging by the Singapore and KL ones) and I was wrong here. (prompting me to write a review while I'm still at the hotel now)
This property has very old furniture, poor upkeep and can't even compare to new 3 star hotels. The bathroom looks old and mouldy. Worse of all is the toilet seat cover, looks really dirty, I tried to clean it off and realize that the many grey spots are stains. furniture in the room are old and dated and many worn off areas and chips off the edges. The bedroom slippers, while are disposable ones, are not even packed in plastic bags.... leading me to think whether they reuse for guests. The towels are quite worn.
I also tried to use the spa & massage service. I got a shock when I went into the massage room. The exhaust/air con vent was making such a loud noise I was surprise they could even put customers there! I was told that they can't do anything about it and I could have the option of having the massage in my room which I later did. But this is just unthinkable for such a hotel to have massage rooms that can't really be used!
This is probably the last time I'll stay here... luckily I'm just staying for a night!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Mexxgal,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor from your latest stay in Jakarta. While I fully agree that our property is in need of refurbishment, such refurbishments take time and we are currently working very closely with our owner for a major renovation. Over the past two years we have been able to replace most items that can be replaced (New Beds, New Bed Linen, New Pillows, New Mini Bar Fridges, New Safety Security Boxes) and currently we are awaiting arrival of new LED Television sets for all Standard and Deluxe rooms (Pacific Club Rooms received new Televisions last year). Unfortunately all of the items that I have mentioned are merely the soft goods, and I certainly agree that we also need to renovate our rooms, especially our bathrooms.

The owner of the Spa came to see me today to advise me that they will be changing the air-conditioning units due to malfunction of the existing units. This shall be complete prior to year end, and I truly apologize for this as such things should not happen.

I am very sorry that you experienced such inconveniences during this stay, and I hope that you will return to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the near future.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

While this is still a good 4 star hotel, the rooms are starting to show their age - particular the bathroom and the electrics. I couldn't get my laptop to charge, I was later told this was because certain light switches need to be on for the plug sockets to work, but it would have taken me a while to figure out which ones! The bathtub did not drain very well, and generally the bathroom looks like it was fitted in the 1970s.

Otherwise the bed was comfy, and there was a welcome fruit plate which was a nice touch. The swimming pool is not massive but good for a start of day swim, and there was also a gym. The breakfast buffet is excellent, big choice of breads, jams (Bonne Maman brand), cakes, fruit, savouries and more.

This is well placed for those who have meetings at the UN offices directly across the road.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ThaiDi

Dear ThaiDi
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Yes our rooms are starting to show their age, and recently our owners have approved the purchase of new 42 inch LED televisions for each room which shall arrive prior to the end of this year. We are also working on a major renovation to address all of the areas where the mere replacement of equipment is not possible. Currently we do not have dedicated power outlets where you can charge your electronic equipment while away from the room and such power outlets are expected by our guests. The bathrooms also require complete replacement and I hope we will accomplish this very soon. Our beds are indeed only one year old, and the bed linen arrived earlier this year. While our pool is not huge, it seems to be of sufficient size to meet demand, and guests appreciate our recent new pool furnishings.
Thank you for recognizing our jam brand during breakfast and thank you for your very favorable comments toward our breakfast buffet. The location of our Hotel within Central Jakarta is indeed very favorable for both leisure and business guest alike.

I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future