“Dun be fooled by the price, just a 3 star hotel”

Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta
Ranked #44 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Singapore
“Dun be fooled by the price, just a 3 star hotel”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I booked a night at Sari Pan Pacific at a rate of almost half that of Grand Hyatt (along the same road) thinking I got a good deal. After checking in, I realize why there was this large discrepancy.... they are worlds apart! I thought Pan Pacific hotels are usually pretty good (judging by the Singapore and KL ones) and I was wrong here. (prompting me to write a review while I'm still at the hotel now)
This property has very old furniture, poor upkeep and can't even compare to new 3 star hotels. The bathroom looks old and mouldy. Worse of all is the toilet seat cover, looks really dirty, I tried to clean it off and realize that the many grey spots are stains. furniture in the room are old and dated and many worn off areas and chips off the edges. The bedroom slippers, while are disposable ones, are not even packed in plastic bags.... leading me to think whether they reuse for guests. The towels are quite worn.
I also tried to use the spa & massage service. I got a shock when I went into the massage room. The exhaust/air con vent was making such a loud noise I was surprise they could even put customers there! I was told that they can't do anything about it and I could have the option of having the massage in my room which I later did. But this is just unthinkable for such a hotel to have massage rooms that can't really be used!
This is probably the last time I'll stay here... luckily I'm just staying for a night!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Mexxgal,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor from your latest stay in Jakarta. While I fully agree that our property is in need of refurbishment, such refurbishments take time and we are currently working very closely with our owner for a major renovation. Over the past two years we have been able to replace most items that can be replaced (New Beds, New Bed Linen, New Pillows, New Mini Bar Fridges, New Safety Security Boxes) and currently we are awaiting arrival of new LED Television sets for all Standard and Deluxe rooms (Pacific Club Rooms received new Televisions last year). Unfortunately all of the items that I have mentioned are merely the soft goods, and I certainly agree that we also need to renovate our rooms, especially our bathrooms.

The owner of the Spa came to see me today to advise me that they will be changing the air-conditioning units due to malfunction of the existing units. This shall be complete prior to year end, and I truly apologize for this as such things should not happen.

I am very sorry that you experienced such inconveniences during this stay, and I hope that you will return to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 18, 2012

While this is still a good 4 star hotel, the rooms are starting to show their age - particular the bathroom and the electrics. I couldn't get my laptop to charge, I was later told this was because certain light switches need to be on for the plug sockets to work, but it would have taken me a while to figure out which ones! The bathtub did not drain very well, and generally the bathroom looks like it was fitted in the 1970s.

Otherwise the bed was comfy, and there was a welcome fruit plate which was a nice touch. The swimming pool is not massive but good for a start of day swim, and there was also a gym. The breakfast buffet is excellent, big choice of breads, jams (Bonne Maman brand), cakes, fruit, savouries and more.

This is well placed for those who have meetings at the UN offices directly across the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ThaiDi
Dear ThaiDi
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Yes our rooms are starting to show their age, and recently our owners have approved the purchase of new 42 inch LED televisions for each room which shall arrive prior to the end of this year. We are also working on a major renovation to address all of the areas where the mere replacement of equipment is not possible. Currently we do not have dedicated power outlets where you can charge your electronic equipment while away from the room and such power outlets are expected by our guests. The bathrooms also require complete replacement and I hope we will accomplish this very soon. Our beds are indeed only one year old, and the bed linen arrived earlier this year. While our pool is not huge, it seems to be of sufficient size to meet demand, and guests appreciate our recent new pool furnishings.
Thank you for recognizing our jam brand during breakfast and thank you for your very favorable comments toward our breakfast buffet. The location of our Hotel within Central Jakarta is indeed very favorable for both leisure and business guest alike.

I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

To compare this hotel with my stay at Kempinski or Ascott Jakarta, this hotel is a bit too far behind. its just classic and nice. not modern, and not really up to the trend. like what other 4 or 5 stars hotel should be. Old style, classic furnitures and deco. You might want to check out other hotels for better offer or more modern look. Overall, the room was clean, spacious, and perfect. Breakfast buffet was great.

5 minutes walk to Grand Indonesia and the Jakarta landmark fountain, passing by few smaller malls, Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta and good restaurants. Quite centralized, and nearby to Gambir train station to get a train, or shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Haikal_Hazman
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Haikal_Hazman
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review detailing your latest stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Our Hotel recently celebrated its 36th anniversary, and due to this age we have a different appearance than a more recently built Hotel. Our spacious and bright lobby is very good examples as new Hotel do not build such grandiose entrances. Our guest room furniture is aging and we are working with our owners to renovate our Hotel in the near future. We have over the past two years replaced most items that can be replaced (new beds, new mini-bar fridges, new safety deposit boxes and new linen) and just yesterday I have received approval for new 42 inch LED Televisions. Furniture and bathrooms upgrade will be addressed in a larger renovation.

I greatly appreciate that you recognized your room to be clean as this is a direct reflection of our strong housekeeping team. It is also great to read that you enjoyed our Breakfast Buffet and we continue to focus on this very important meal period.

Our location is amongst the very best locations within central Jakarta with access to entertainment centers, shopping, dining and also many offices located within Jakarta. This location is favorable for both leisure and business travelers.

Again thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope to welcome you and your family back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The best thing about the hotel is its location. It's walking distance to places of interest such as the National Museum, Plaza Indonesia, National Monument, shopping centers, etc.

The staff are accommodating and helpful. Upon arrival, you are given a bowl of fresh fruits - a welcome treat particularly because it may be your first time to see or sample some of the fruits.

The rooms are spacious and bright.

On the downside, the toilet looks old and tired. I found the flush which resembles a button on the wall just above the toilet unappealing.

Some paintings or decorative pieces could surely spruce up the rooms especially the toilet.

The gym, contrary to what I read on some of the posts here, is actually a good one. You can have a good cardio and strength workout. They also have wet and dry sauna to soothe those aching muscles.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay in Sari Pan Pacific and I would certainly use the same hotel for future business travels.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the backside if you are not particularly fond of bumper to bumper traffic as vie...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tigon
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear tigon,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor detailing your latest stay with Pan Pacific Jakarta. I greatly appreciate you recognizing our strategic location which is very suitable to both leisure and business guests visiting central Jakarta. Guests have access to entertainment, shopping and points of interests, while our location also permits guests to access many business offices in our surroundings.

It is always great to read that our staff is welcoming and accommodating and I am very proud or our guest service teams as they truly understand the meaning of hospitality.

Our bathrooms are in need of renovations, and we are working hard with our owners to achieve this in the near future. I can assure you that our bathrooms are clean, despite their age and I personally participate in room-checks to ensure that this standard is upheld.

Our Gym, while not new does have everything one would expect and one of the great features is that it is open 24 hours. This way travelers from all time zones is able to enjoy a workout while getting adjusted to their new time zone.

It is always nice to read reviews where guests endorse their overall stay, and I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I spent 4 nights at Sari Pan Pacific Hotel. Everything is fine except old style furniture and bathroom. TV is still used CRT version instead of LCD one. Bathroom is really old even it's clean. You still feel that it's always dirty due to black spots which hardly to remove.
Location is good, nearby Burger king and Starbucks as well as Plaza indonesia by 15 min walk

Room Tip: If you don't serious about old style and black spots in bathroom, this hotel is not that bad to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Ubontip,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review detailing your latest stay with Pan Pacific Jakarta. Our furniture is indeed quite old, and we are currently in the planning and design stage for renovations. While such a project does require time and commitment from our owners, I am happy to share with you that in the meantime we are replacing all equipment that may be replaced and saved post renovations. As such I am confident that our new LCD televisions will arrive prior to year end, so at least we are able to provide our guests with an expected television viewing product. To further enhance this experience we are installing a new Cable which will provide our guests with a better television signal as well as more choices of television channels.

Our bathrooms are unfortunately very dated and I can only thank you for recognizing that they are indeed clean. We have a wonderful housekeeping team that maintains a very clean rooms product which is not easy considering the age of the product.

Our location in central Jakarta is indeed very good for both business and leisure purposes with many restaurants and entertainment venues near bye. For shopping we also provide a complimentary shuttle service to Plaza Indonesia for guests who prefer not to walk in our warm city.

Again I greatly appreciate your review and hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the very near future.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I checked-in to the hotel with a plan to stay 10 days on 23rd Sep 2012, Very old fashioned room, very dull;

Morning breakfast, I found some dead mosquitoes and flies (a bunch) on the bread, when complained about the same, No one looked responsible to change. Contacted the duty manager to complain, he told he will take care... On same day when reached the room, bathroom sink knob was faulty and the hot water started pouring out, called the Service One desk stating its urgent, as the water would have flooded in room, no one came for 10 mins, rushed out and called some house keeping guy, who helped to fix, after 15-20 mins someone came asking what was the problem...

I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay in Sari Pan Pacific, When asked about change of room, they told hotel is full... crap...... Anyways overall "Zero" rating for them... Try to avoid this place...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear kiran24041979,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor detailing your latest stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. I am very sorry regarding your experience with flies on bread during your breakfast. We are working very hard with our supplier to keep our public areas free of insects, and I will personally share with my team the importance to change our buffet products if insects are indeed found on our food. We have recently added a new Director of Food and Beverage and I shall share your very valid concerns with him.
Additionally I am also concerned with your sink experience and lack of urgency displayed by my team. I can assure you that this is not our normal standard, and we are currently in the final stages of upgrading all of our piping system so my team has had to deal with more such issues than normal. Again I can only promise you to follow up with my team and this inattention should have never happened.
While our Hotel is in need of refurbishment to address our age, our rooms are generally well maintained, our housekeeping team maintains excellent cleanliness standards and all our associates display very strong Indonesian Hospitality. We are currently working with our owners to renovate all of our guest rooms and public areas as well.
My team was correct when telling you that the Hotel was full as from September 15th until the middle of December we regularly sell out Monday through Thursday while only slightly slowing down on weekends.
I do sincerely hope that you will give us another try during future visits to Jakarta as I can assure you the experience you have had is not our norm.
Again, many thanks for taking the time to post your review.
Pekanbaru, Indonesia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I like staying in the hotel, however i found that sari pan pacific is not stand out compare to other hotel in it's class. The room is spacious, with rather small bathroom. There's a bathtub with no separate shower room. The bathroom need to be refurnished as in my current stay, and in previous stay, the bathroom need a major make over. The bathtub is rusty.
The hotel currently doing a construction job, I hope it can help to answer my concern on the bathroom.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear DindaFreeTime,

Your review on TripAdvisor is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your comments regarding liking your stay with us. While our rooms are of good size, you are correct by stating that our bathrooms are rather small. Unfortunately due to our Hotel’s age (37 years) it was quite common to build rather small bathrooms in this era. Our Pacific Club rooms do have very large bathrooms with separate shower and bathtub; however our Deluxe and Standard rooms have the shower as part of the bathtub. I am sorry to read that your bathtub was rusty, and we are recoating such bathtubs on a regular basis. While we are in the midst of completing the replacement of all of our Hot and Cold Water pipes, our boilers and Steam System as well as hydrant pipes the next large renovation that will certainly address our aging product is still likely just more than one year away. We are working closely with our owners to renovate all of our guest rooms and public facilities and are currently in the design phase of our new guest rooms.

In the meantime, I can assure you that our Housekeeping team is working diligent to maintain a very clean product, which in an aging facility is quite difficult as even clean rooms fail to appear 100% clean due to extensive fading.

I sincerely hope you will return to Jakarta soon and will once again choose Pan Pacific Jakarta as your home away from home. Thank you again for taking time to post your review.