“An Airport Hotel that has some local charm” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bandara Hotel

Bandara Hotel
Ranked #67 of 454 Hotels in Jakarta
Zurich, Switzerland
“An Airport Hotel that has some local charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

I had stayed at the hotel about 7 years ago and remembered it as beautiful and pleasant, and an advantage is the location of the hotel near the airport. Now I returned for three nights and did not get the room I reserved (with furnished terrace), but a room on the first floor where windows cannot be opened. First that disturbed me, but then the advantage is that no mosquitoes come into the room. After the long journey from Europe I was just to tired to make a fuss shortly before midnight. There are also many airline crews residing at the hotel. To start with description of the hotel, the appearance is still very good, and the staff is as friendly and helpful without exception as it ever was. Unfortunately, the buildings are a bit run down and would deserve a touch up. Still, room utilities were all in good order, and something I always appreciate there was a coffee maker (coffee replenished regularly free of charge) and an ironing board in the room. Bottled and sealed mineral water of a reputed brand was also replenished regularly free of charge. Food (buffets) was good. A detail on the laundry service: Laundry delivered before 7 am should be returned same day at 20h, but I didn't receive my laundry. After a phone call at about 21 h I received it in five minutes. There is no service directory with phone numbers in the room, only the indication "guest services" on the phone. I regret I forgot my bathing trunks, as there is a nice swimming pool in the centre of the hotel. I did not have enough time to visit all other highlights of the hotel as I was on a business trip and not on holidays. A final positive point is that there is a reliable free shuttle service to the airport on demand. However on the other way form airport to hotel, I hadn’t found a shuttle service, and had to take a local taxi. The driver asked for 40 USD, but then accepted 5 USD which is still an very high price, if not excessive, for the short stretch of about 2 km.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Frequentvoyager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

Stayed for Buissness due to close proximity to airport.
Promised a Airport pick up but never came ..waited 30 min. finally took a cab long flt and couldn't wait any longer. when told about the incident at front desk,....got a blank stare?
Get to my room. (Starwood preffered level) Old type bed and covers! bathroom dated.
take a early nap to catch up on the jetlag to be awoken by hammers pounding in the room next door under construction!! Are you Kidding Me!?
Leave Everyday in the mornig at 10am to go to work return at 4 pm to find room still hasn't been made. 2 days in a row.
went to desk to express my dissatisfaction to receive another blank stare!

Breakfast and Dinner buffet has a good variety,,
resturant staff is on point and very curtious.

over all this Hotel is the only game intown if you want to be near the airport.
i must say i have styed at worse.
But the kicker here is that it is a Starwood Sherton Brand and thats why there is a bit of a dissapointment.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank FLYISH

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

This hotel wasn't bad. Doesn't look as attractive on the outside compared to some others, but the room were spacious and very closed to the airport which was a good thing for us. After travelling long hours, it's great to be at the hotel so soon. The service was excellent and buffet breakfast had lots of varieties to choose from. There was also a gate guarded by 2 securities prior to driving into the driveway of the hotel. My friends and I were very pleased with our selection of hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Asia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2010

The only good thing about this hotel is the close location to the airport - about 15 mins to the international terminal, and 5 mins to the domestic terminal! [Remember you got to have 40,000 in your pocket for the 'passenger tax'!] Interestingly, I saw the same bathroom counters as I did at the Great Wall Sheraton in Bejing almost 20 years ago!
So that tells you that this place is old too. The room's furniture was so old. The only thing new was the large flat screen. The windows were so dirty I could have screamed. Hallways are dirty, carpets dirty - this hotel is really getting tired quickly.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
UAE
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

The hotel looks really old and tired. Rooms and bathrooms need renovation. Bed is very big but uncomfortable and furniture is old. Bathroom was very rusty and old. The only good thing was the meal I had in the restaurant next to the lobby but it took them more than 30 min to prepare it. Location is right next to the airport. Its okey if you just need to spend one night there but not more.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Male
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

My wife, Indonesian, just had given birth to our daughter 9 days ago when we traveled back home to the Maldives where we live and do business. We choose the Sheraton by 2 reasons, the close proximity to the Jakarta airport (3 minutes by car) and lastly Sheraton was my home for more than 10 years working for them internationally.

Despite being so close to an international airport it felt like being in an oasis, right on a lake surrounded by green pure nature; don't expect the usual airport hotel setup! The property is laid out beautifully (which we saw only in the morning as we arrived very late in the evening) and is actually more a resort than an airport hotel. Having never been there and my reservation did not indicate to have been an "old family member" the staff of the hotel treated us very nice, had booked a junior suite and we were offered the Presidential Suit as an upgrade, as the suit was only ready in a little more than 30 minutes and having a 9 days old new born that needed a diapers change etc. we decided to stick to our junior suit, which was very fine, a well appointed room with all that one expects by booking a suit. Went for a late dinner to the restaurant and had a great meal at reasonable prices.

This property is ideal for stop over before a next flight to wind down and relax and enjoy; the Bandara will see us again in September when we will fly home again from our Ramadan holidays in Indonesia, that's for sure!
Thomas and Liza & Aaliyah Stahl

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Borneo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

It was a terrible mistake not check the review before I book this place. I trusted the Sheraton brand and expect 5 star quality. Instead, my room were as described by many here; out-dated, old, tired, and worst of all the smell.

I arrived late at night and check-in around midnight. I figure that I get a good night rest before my journey to Surabaya the next day. As soon as I walk into the room, I notice the smell of dampness mix with some sort of cleaning chemical. Because it was late, I did not pay much attention and quickly get to bed. At around 3am as I was sleeping, I drowsily awake with the really strong foul smell literally in my face. I have no idea why but I started chanting (prayer) and all the sudden the smell disappear! Zap! like magic. I was shock! not ever in my life have I experience this. Did somebody died here? Do I have a dead body under my bed? Crazy ideas start flying off my head. Needless to say I did not go back to sleep until the sun comes up.

Never will I ever stay in this hotel ever again! Period.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
      Cleanliness
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
Ibis Styles Jakarta Airport
Swiss-Belinn Airport Jakarta
Ibis Budget Jakarta Airport
Ibis Budget Jakarta Airport
#22 of 48 in Tangerang

Been to Bandara Hotel? Share your experiences!