“Excellent place to stop before your flight”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bandara Hotel

Bandara Hotel
Ranked #66 of 459 Hotels in Jakarta
Paradise Island, New Providence Island
“Excellent place to stop before your flight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed here to avoid city traffic before catching a flight. The hotel looks good and has one of the better spa & gyms i've seen in hotels. Breakfast and lunch buffet offer a wide selection of foods and the a-la-carte food quality is fine too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NLIvor
Edward T, Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear ‘NLIvor’,

Warmest greeting from Sheraton Bandara Hotel.

We have reviewed your comments and are really pleased with it. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Talking about our gym, Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance is our Brand Signature at Sheraton Worldwide. The sports equipment that we provide just make it easier to do exercise. It is the place where the healthiness is.

It is deligted to know that you enjoyed with our food selection offer and we have conveyed your recognition to our cullinary team. The next you come we will ensure it will be another best moment for you and family.

‘NLIvor’, we really appreciate all the compliments that you have given to our property. I hope to welcome you back in the soonest time.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have been staying here for a while now. Living in middle east, its such a treat to see lots of trees over here.This hotel is a bit old; but its very big, charming& comfy. We feel like we are at home..& my husband said that staying here makes him relax.

It need a bit of maintenance really..if only the management can do this job. And mosquitoes are everywhere; so ask the staff for mosquito repellent. The room is big, the bed is comfy, & they have a lot of TV channels..its impressive!
The food is good..and the staff are amazing. They are so warm and helpful. My special thank you for the poolbar staff& the concierge.

I was sick for few days w fever&cough, and 1 day I was craving for street food. The concierge gladly get the order from me-while I was recovering in the room. All these small things really makes us impressed.

My husband is a pilot, and he has been requesting for jakarta flight a lot lately just so he can stay here..& We are planning to come here every month now for our regular getaway. Definitely will be their regular customer!!!

Give it a try..you will love it

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank eurasian_lady
Andreas R, General Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear 'eurasian_lady',

Thank you so much for connecting with us through the TripAdvisor website!
We are very proud to read your comments and your positive experience while in residence with us.
Our 9 hectares of wonderful and lush greenery and our 6 pavilions set into those wonderful, natural dwellings have been complimented by many. We have received comments like 'Bali of Jakarta', 'resort', 'SPA and Fitness weekend get away', etc. over the years and we are very proud of our hotel and surroundings.
Very few hotels can boast about 9ha of lush greenery as well as a 1000 square meter SPA and Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance.
Indeed, we are so happy to receive your endorsing comments and we like to thank you and your husband for your continued support.
We look forward to welcome you back to Sheraton Bandara Hotel!
Safe travels and warm regards,
Andreas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. Being close to Jakarta airport is probably all this hotel offers. The staff are pleasant.
Catching an early morning flight and wanting to avoid the city traffic made me choose this hotel only.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank PutriBali1
Dear 'PutriBali',

Thank you for connecting with us through the TripAdvisor site.
We have read your comments and would like to thank you for your feedback.
Please note that to date we were able to renew 70 rooms of our current inventory. We have also been able to renovate our 1000 square meter SPA and Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance in June this year. Our renovation projects are ongoing and we hope to see that by end 2015 all projects will be completed as this is a 9ha property with many
Our management and owners are committed to these projects as are our associates and their training programs are on line with customer expectations and needs. Of course we would like to have constant improvements and ongoing projects and will strive to do so.
We look forward to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Safe travels and warm regards,
Andreas
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night before coming back to Perth. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The restaurant and breakfast service and food is good. The grounds and swimming pool area are excellent and we enjoyed an evening swim in the large warm pool. The hotel is quiet even though it is close to the airport. The airport shuttle service is excellent to the hotel and back to the airport. The hotel is in need of an upgrade but it is still a nice place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ‘sbjsteven’,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely comments towards our property through tripadvisor.com.

We are glad that you had a memorable moments experience during your stay with us. To make you feel just like at home, that is one of our goals here, and we are happy to know that we have succeeded in doing so.
It is also delighted to know that you and your wife can enjoy the landscape and facilities that we provide, we are very pleased to hear this.

On another note about your overall breakfast experience: I have personally conveyed your positive comments to our Food & Beverage team. Slowly but sure, we are undergoing hotel renovation projects that expected to be done by the end of this year.

‘sbjsteven’, Once again we extend to you our heartfelt gratitude for your positive words of mouth. We are looking forward to welcome you back here and should you need any assistance please do not be hesitate to contact me.

Parma, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

On a recent business trip I stopped over for one night here arriving and departing in the dark.
Therfore I will reserve in fairness my comments to the hotel room. While a good dimension the fittings especially in the bathroom were in need of renovation and it didn't say five star but closer to three.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear ‘Kevin H’,

Thank you for spending some of your precious time for sharing your thoughts through tripadvisor website.

We extend our gratitude for bringing this matter to our attention regarding the overall bathroom condition. We do regret that we failed to reach your satisfactory experience and we are aware that some of our rooms are in need of upgrading. Therefore, we have already started room refurbishment project since last year and so far have completed 60 rooms and still counting.

Please accept our apology that we were unable to furnish you with this new refresh room due to high occupancy we experienced however we are very pleased to showcase our new product should you have any plan to visit us again in the future. Our guest satisfaction is very important for us, and we will ensure that they have the best time during their stay.

‘Kevin H’, Please let me know if you are coming back to our property and we will ensure to provide you with our best service.

Until then I remain with my warmest regards,

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My last night in Indonesia at Sheraton Bandar was overall very good. The grounds are absolutely lovely and the staff are very friendly. I enjoyed my room on the ground level near many of the decorative pools of water (with koi fish, fountains, statues, etc.). I arrived at night, so when I was shown to my room there were many sounds from nocturnal creatures- frogs and insects- that at first I thought it was a musical CD to give ambiance through speakers (thankfully I was wrong). It took me some time to fall asleep because of the sounds, but it wasn’t too disturbing. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable, so when I finally fell asleep I slept very well. The mosquito net is necessary because there were a few mozzis that snuck into the room, probably when I entered or left the room that night. In the morning I could see the day-time staff arriving and walking through the grounds from my expansive windows (through translucent privacy veil). Everything was tidy and the location was so convenient for getting to the airport quickly. But while I don’t have any major complaints, it still seemed a bit too expensive.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear ‘DreamOcean’,

Thank you for your wonderful comments towards our property and we would like to extend our sincere gratitude to you.

We are so glad that you enjoyed and had a memorable moments during your last stay in Jakarta. We are aware of the mosquitoes growth here and thus we always do fumigation spray every once in a week. We will put extra effort to ensure the mosquito does not disturb guest’s stay here. And just to let you know that the reason behind your tight sleep was our sweet sleeper bed, that is 7 layers bed to make your sleep more comfortable and you will wake up and feel healthier! And it is one of Sheraton signature.

Regarding the room rate, we will work together with our team to discuss this matter even further.

‘DreamOcean’, Once again thank you for your supporting comments, we look forward to see you in the soonest time. Until then have a good day!

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I only needed a transit hotel and therefore picked this hotel as it is a short drive from the airport. There is a shuttle bus running and there is no need to pre-book it which is very handy.

Some of the furnishings are dated but it is a nice hotel and exceeds the functional aspect of most transit hotels. it has nice gardens and a large lake and importantly no aircraft noise despite being so close to the airport. Food is also fine.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Edward T, Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear ‘PebblesFlintstone’,

It is always good to know about your stay satisfaction through TripAdvisor website. We are so happy that our shuttle arrangement and landscape are able to reach your expectation, especially knowing that you enjoy with the food that we provide. We have share your kindness feedback to our team and they were so excited about it. Thank you for that.

On another note, kindly be informed that we have signed off some projects to improve our products and facilities of the next few months for guest enjoyment such as a new pool bar and sundeck area as well as a Wellness venue at the pool. Then, we have also designed and approved a new 24 hours F&B venue which will be called the Link Cafe as well as an exciting new entertainment venue.

PebblesFlintstone’. There is nothing more than happiness for us to know that our guests delighted with our services and facilities available.

Looking forward to be at your service in your next visit to our property again in the not so distant future.

Warmest Regards,

Executive Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
Ibis Styles Jakarta Airport
Swiss-Belinn Airport Jakarta
Ibis Budget Jakarta Airport
Ibis Budget Jakarta Airport
#23 of 51 in Tangerang

Been to Bandara Hotel? Share your experiences!